Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
Sic Surface 2019 RCRA QLD EP10 Off Road Championships (July 12-14) >

Sic Surface 2019 RCRA QLD EP10 Off Road Championships (July 12-14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sic Surface 2019 RCRA QLD EP10 Off Road Championships (July 12-14)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Sic Surface 2019 RCRA QLD EP10 Off Road Championships (July 12-14)

Sponsored by Speedy RC, Team Zombie, JSpec Stickers, RC Maker, 1up Racing, R1 Wurks, JConcepts and Team Associated

Forms

Nomination Form (online) – preferrred method for nominations

Nomination form (pdf)

Tyre order form (online)

Dates

Friday July 12 – Sunday July 14, 2019

Chargers RC Track, 215 Cobalt St (Corner of Addison Rd), Carole Park, QLD, 4301

Google Maps link

Nomination fees

First class (Adult): $35

Additional classes (Adult): $25

First class (Junior – under 16 years of age): $15

Additional classes (Junior – under 16 years of age): $10

Trophies

Top Qualifier for each qualifying class

Top 10 finishing positions for each class

Concourse (2wd Buggy, 4wd Buggy, 2wd Stadium Truck, 4wd Stadium Truck and 2wd Short Course)

Classes

Control Tyres

Schedule

Event Rules (full RCRA rules list: https://rcra.org.au/downloads)

The competitor fully accepts that they will act responsibly, in a sportsmanlike manner and within the rules of the Championship

The competitor fully accepts that penalties, including disqualification and possible sanctioning from future State, National and International Championships may arise from breaches of the rules

The competitor is responsible for ensuring that they are a current financial member of an RCRA EP10 affiliated club

The competitor fully accepts that they are responsible for their equipment, and that it is in a safe and useable condition, and meets any Local, State and National regulation required for that equipment (i.e. electrical equipment)

There is no cross-entering between buggy motor classes. A competitor may enter in any stock classes or in any modified classes but not both

Control tyres: Required for all driven wheels. Must use the foam inserts supplied with the tyres. The use of any oil or petroleum-based compound for the purpose of treating the tyre is prohibited. Only regularly available detergent-based cleaners and water can be used to clean the tyres. The use of solvents to clean the tyre bead before glue application is permitted

Batteries (2s LiPo): Must be on the ROAR/BRCA approved lists 30 days before the event (ie June 12, 2019)

Batteries: Maximum charge voltage is 8.4V

Batteries: Must be charged in LiPo bags

Motors: For non-modified classes (10.5T, 13.5T, 17.5T) motors must be on ROAR/BRCA lists 30 days before the event (ie June 12, 2019)

No practice permitted during the event

No smoking or use of electronic cigarettes within the driver’s stand, track or pit areas

Verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated and will lead to immediate disqualification

All nominations must be submitted and paid for by Sunday June 23, 2019. If the committee decides to accept nominations after the closing date, a non-negotiable $20 late fee will apply

Chargers RC reserves the right to refuse or withdraw nominations and/or race classes for this event

Refunds

The entry fee is refundable for any competitor wishing to cancel their entry on or before Sunday June 23, 2019. The cancellation must be sent to the Chargers RC email address ([email protected]).

The entry fee is not refundable for any competitor who is unable to race on the day

Adverse weather events

If the weather on any of the three race days (Friday July 12, Saturday July 13 or Sunday July 14, 2019) causes cancellation of the race day, the hosting club (Chargers RC) will reschedule the races

The rescheduled races may be held on the following day if possible. Any incomplete races will be cancelled

The control tyres will not be changed due to adverse weather events

Accommodation

Last edited by Simez; 05-10-2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Added dates to title
Old 05-09-2019, 01:57 AM
Tech Initiate

This will be a great event and an opportunity to race on the SIC surface!!! Get amongst it!
Old 05-15-2019, 12:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tyre availability

Recently tyres have been hard to get in Australia due to the traditionally low demand for medium soft compounds in large quantities. The supplier has confirmed the tyres should be in Australia late next week or at worst two weeks. So Speedy RC and other retailers should have them in stock shortly after that.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Nomination list

Current nomination list is available here:

https://chargersrc.net/2019-sic-surf...championships/

There's only 2 weeks until nominations close on Sunday June 23, 2019. Get those entries in!
Old 06-10-2019, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Hey,
coming up the event, but i'm in a wheelchair, (paraplegic). I checked out the track last time I was up, but i'm unable to see the straight in front of stand, as the railing is too high. Is it possible to get a couple of pallets set up on the stand, so I sit higher than the railing.
Thanks.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by spook
Hey,
coming up the event, but i'm in a wheelchair, (paraplegic). I checked out the track last time I was up, but i'm unable to see the straight in front of stand, as the railing is too high. Is it possible to get a couple of pallets set up on the stand, so I sit higher than the railing.
Thanks.
No worries. We're working on a solution and will have something sorted out for you so you can race.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Entries close tomorrow night (Sunday 23/6) so if you are thinking about racing, make sure you don't miss the deadline!