Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2019 Hills Off Road Vintage Enduro 10/03/19 >

2019 Hills Off Road Vintage Enduro 10/03/19

2019 Hills Off Road Vintage Enduro 10/03/19

Old 12-19-2018, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2019 Hills Off Road Vintage Enduro 10/03/19

Hi Everyone!! The Hills Off road committee is proud to announce the Vintage Enduros for 2019 will be run on Sunday the 10th of March.

There haven’t been many changes to the main 5 hour race, we proposed a few changes to points particularly on the 4wd buggies which took into account the lower reliability and lower run times which everyone seemed happy with so you’ll see the 2019 buggy points list attached

With regards to the points values for particular buggies, the allocation takes into account the speed of the car, consideration is also given to rarity of the buggy, available gearing options, fragility and run time.

We’re going to try and get the Blitzer / Plastic race up this year, we’ve obviously struggled to get good numbers so we’ve opened it up to allow any plastic eligible buggy or hotshot / Thundershot buggy to run also and we’ve dropped it to 90 minutes. Teams can run any combination of 1 or 2 buggies/trucks from those groupings and can be in a team of 2-4 drivers. If you do it with 2 drivers, you still need to ensure you have a marshal out at all times, so I recommend having your batteries near the pit stop table, also the pit stop time is 90 seconds for the Blitzer/Plastic race so you should have time to swap over and not lose time. The rules for the race are attached to this post. We’ll run the short track for this race (same track as run for the plastic/hotshot classes at the festival) so this race will skip the triple jump and the step down

With regards to the points system, I know it can look a bit complex when you’re first looking at it, the simple aim is to even up the field by allowing a team with more once a year racers, to drive better cars overall compared to a team of pros. I’m happy to help guide you through it. How it works is the team captain will get in touch with me, let me know the drivers and potential car line up and I’ll confirm the amount of bonus points the team has and what cars fit in the line up

Once again this year both enduros will be run on the one day. The Blitzer/Plastic enduro will be a 90 minute event followed by the main enduro which will again run for 5 hours.

Fast Facts

90 minute Blitzer/Hotshot/Plastic Enduro 2, 3 or 4 drivers

Allowed chassis: Any Blitzer based truck, Tamiya king cab/Hilux monster racer / any plastic eligible buggy / any Hotshot / Thundershot eligible buggy

Short track to be used

730am: Open practise (1 driver per team at a time / Main race or Blitzer race buggies may be used)

815am: Track closed Blitzer enduro drivers meeting / qualifying positions drawn randomly

830pm: 90 Minute Blitzer/Plastic enduro starts, (ending 10am)

Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) LiHV not allowed

90 second minimum pit stop time every time the team comes to the pits

Blitzers must be stock except for allowed upgrades which are detailed in the Enduro guidelines. Hotshots/Thundershots and plastic buggies must adhere to the festival rules for upgrades (All cars must run the control 540 motor except Blitzers which may run the sport tuned motor or 540)

5 hour - 3 or 4 Driver / multi car enduro

Motor: Johnson 540 motor for all cars (must be bought from the club or motors from the last few festivals/enduros may be used)

10am: Open practise (1 driver per team at a time) (once Blitzer race has ended)

1030am: Track closed Drivers meeting

10:45am qualifying session (10 minutes) 1 driver per team

11am: 5 hour enduro race starts, ending 4pm

Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) Li-HV not allowed

1 minute minimum pit stop time every time the car comes to the pits

Entry Fee : $20 per driver covers you for both enduros.

To enter, please send me a pm with your team name, names of drivers, car for each driver and transponder number. Please pm me if you need the list of driver points allocation and let me know an email address I can send it to, or just send me the driver names and I can send you back the bonus points they earn.

Entries will be on a first in, best dressed basis. We can have a maximum of 12 teams!

Hopefully that’s everything, all the best in organising your team, if you are looking for a driver or a driver looking for a team - please post in here or let me know.

Cheers

Mikey

Attached Files
Old 12-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

We've had a preliminary post up on the facebook page for a couple of weeks and have already had a lot of interest and 5 teams already locked in!!

Do a Schuey
Richard Bull - Top Cat rere
Sam Thurtell - Losi XX
Nathen Brooks - Top Cat rere
Jason M (TBC)

Heeeeeere's Johnny!!
Andrew Sienniak RC10W
Scott Griffith RC10W
Johnny Xu (TBA)

Mr Miyagi's Kamikazes
Stephen James - Avante
Clint McMusgrovington - Top Force
Takis Pallas - Astute
Lucas Hodgens - Egress
(Nicknames TBA)

Bathurst guys (name TBA)
Mitch Finn - RC10 B2
Wayne Wilkin - RC10 B2
Bradley Sewell - RC10 Worlds
Brad Denning - Kyosho Optima

The Dukes of Casso
Mikey "Truhe" Russell - Lazer / Traxxas / Top Force (Can't decide)
Shane "Dexter" Edwards - RC10
James "TBA" W - Madcap
Jason "Ice Man" Hollis - Astute
Old 01-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

6th team confirmed!!

The SDB Dauntless boys are back for another year, they've added Andrew Curless to the line up and a name change will be coming soon. Great to see these guys back for another crack!

That makes 6 teams, we've got Pete close to finalising the Try-hards line-up, and hopefully we'll hear from the Codgers, Bugles and Highlanders soon so we'll get up to the magic 10 teams. Still hoping to pick up another Bathurst team also. Can we get 11-12 teams in the race? Lets hope so!!

TBA
Brendan George
Steve Thorncraft
Darryl Thorncraft
Andrew curless

Do a Schuey
Sam Thurtell - Losi XX
Jason M (TBC)

Heeeeeere's Johnny!!
Andrew Sienniak RC10W
Scott Griffith RC10W
Johnny Xu RC10T

Mr Miyagi's Kamikazes
Stephen James - Dirt Thrasher
Takis Pallas - Astute
Lucas Hodgens - Egress
(Nicknames TBA)

Bathurst guys (name TBA)
Mitch Finn - RC10 B2
Wayne Wilkin - RC10 B2
Brad Denning - Kyosho Pro-X

The Dukes of Casso
Mikey "Truhe" Russell - Lazer
James "TBA" W - Madcap

Last edited by NOFX; 01-10-2019 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

For the Blitzer enduro we're starting to get teams in which is great and looks like we'll get the minimum 6 teams. Remember you can run a combination of cars from Plastics/Hotshots/thundershots and the blitzer/king cab family

Also Nick Aiken has a Blitzer and wants to form a team so if your main team isn't running a blitzer entry and you want a steer, get in touch and we can put you in contact

Blitzer Teams

Kamikazees - Blitzer
The Dukes - Blitzer
Bathurst Boys - Blitzer
Here's Johnny! - FX10
Nick Aiken - Blitzer
The Try-hards - Blitzer (TBC)

Cheers

Mikey
Old 01-12-2019, 04:21 AM
Tech Addict

Mikey, I'll be another running a top cat re-re, not the pro-x this time around.
also, won't see a second Bathurst team as most of the good side of the mountain drivers are already on teams. 5 1/2 of the other drivers actually (1/2 as Brendan is ex-central west lol) so pretty good turnout for the bush
Old 01-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like the Codgers are back! Just waiting on final line up of cars but likely that Ron, David, Brian and Rob are together again which puts us up to 7 teams and i've spoken to key members in the Highlanders and Try-hards and both teams are close to finalizing line-ups

Also put the Losi in for Andrew Curless and updated Brad Dennings ride. Seems like a lot of the rere topcats will be out there this year and why not, great value at 4 points

The Codgers (TBC)
Rob Smith - RC10 B2
Brain Goby - RC10 Worlds
Dave Martin - Cat XLS
Ron Curby - RC10T

TBA
Brendan George - RC10
Steve Thorncraft - (In Transit)
Darryl Thorncraft - Losi XXT
Andrew curless - Losi XX

Do a Schuey
Sam Thurtell - Losi XX
Jason M (TBC)

Heeeeeere's Johnny!!
Andrew Sienniak RC10W
Scott Griffith RC10W
Johnny Xu RC10T

Mr Miyagi's Kamikazes
Stephen James - Dirt Thrasher
Takis Pallas - Astute
Lucas Hodgens - Egress
(Nicknames TBA)

Bathurst guys (name TBA) (Team Associated + other)
Mitch Finn - RC10 B2
Wayne Wilkin - RC10 B2
Brad Denning - Top Cat rere

The Dukes of Casso
Mikey "Truhe" Russell - Lazer
James "TQ & Win" W - Madcap

Last edited by NOFX; 01-13-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Updated cars for the Thorncraft team