Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2018 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Enduro 10/06/18 EP10 OFR >

2018 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Enduro 10/06/18 EP10 OFR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

2018 Castle Hill Off Road Vintage Enduro 10/06/18 EP10 OFR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Team of Codgers, Dave Martin 5565321 Transponder numbers
Brian Goby 83676615
Rob Smith 7503755
Old 07-17-2018, 02:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Great, thanks Dave!

Originally Posted by Wheel Nut
The Team of Codgers, Dave Martin 5565321 Transponder numbers
Brian Goby 83676615
Rob Smith 7503755
Old 07-18-2018, 01:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Sam Thurtell - 2142115
Richard Bull - 1841693
Jason Millward - 8992501
Old 07-26-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Hey all

Just revised the timeline for the day, we've got a lot of dudes coming up for the day, so we'll start the race at 10am finishing at 3pm so we have time to do the trophies and get them heading home at a reasonable time

Open practice will be timed with the computer calling your lap times.

730am: Open practice (1 driver per team at a time)
915am: Track closed Drivers meeting
930am qualifying session (10 minutes) 1 driver per team
10am: 5 hour enduro race starts, ending 3pm

Cheers

Mikey
Old 07-30-2018, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Updated the entry list!!

Just a little housekeeping, Steve Thorncafts team are now know as SDB Dauntless. Pete's tryhard trio are now known as "The Tryhards" as they have 4 drivers, my idea of calling the team "The Luftwagner" didn't really take off....

Unfortunately the southerners have had to pull the pin on this year so wont be here to make the 3-peat however Scotty Hogan is putting a team together with his son Ben and Jon Koumans, i'll call the team Hogans Heroes until they give me an official name

Main Enduro
1. Bush men- Wayne Wilkin (RC10T2) , Mitch Finn (RC10), Brad Denning (Cat XLS), Peter Kazanis (RC10)
2. The Dukes of Casso- Mikey (Losi XX), James W (Madcap), Shane Edwards (RC10), Jason "Ice man" Hollis (Optima/Javelin)
3. Hogan's Heroes -Ben Hogan (RC10W) , Scotty H (Cougar 2), Jon Koumans (Lazer ZXR)
4. TheTryhards - Pete W (Tamiya Astute), Nathan Tanti (RC10 Worlds), Mark Rogers (RC10T2), Matt Kellett (RC10T2)
5. Bugle Boy Racing - Thomas (RC10), Romsey. (RC10), Andrew Thompson (Optima rere), Scott McQueen (Madcap)
6. The Codgers - Rob Smith (RC10B2), Brian Goby/Ron Curby (RC10T), Dave Martin (Cat XLS)
7. SDB Dauntless - Stephen Thorncraft (RC10 Worlds), Brendan George (Losi XX), Darryl Thorncraft (Losi XXT)
8. 2 Cougars Thanks - Sam Thurtell (Kyosho Tomahawk), Jason M. (Cougar), Richard Bull (Cougar 2)
9. Super Ship Munts - Johnny Xu (RC10 Worlds), Andrew Sienniak (RC10 Worlds), Sidney Benjamin (RC10 Worlds), Josh Bunter (Tamiya Wild One)

Cheers

Mikey
Old 08-01-2018, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hogan's Heros

Hogan's Heroes That name sticks good! Break his collar bone if he changes it LOL!

Old 08-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AussieTopForce
Hogan's Heroes That name sticks good! Break his collar bone if he changes it LOL!

Yikes!! still too soon??

Disclaimer: Hills off road nor vintage central condone violence in any form
Alsoli likes this.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Hey All

2 more sleeps til the big race!! Theres been a few teams showing off their cars on facebook. We'd love to see your cars up here or on facebook so start posting!

Peter our club president has kindly offered to help out all day, so he'll be running the computer and also cooking a bbq lunch so if you have munchies mid-race, we'll be able to sort you out. (no brekky though) Drinks will be available at race control all day

It's looking like it'll be a cold day on Sunday so rug up! Remember that qualifying gives you preference for the pick of marshaling positions, and you are able to put a chair at the marshaling position if one will fit

Timed practise will start around 8am. We recommend every driver gets out there and checks that the computer calls their name so you know the transponder is correct and working. 1 driver per team out there at a time please, given the short lap, there will be a lot of traffic out there if we have more than 9 cars on the track. I will be posting the grid listing hopefully tonight so check your transponders, and theres a couple of teams I'm still waiting on transponders for

Cheers
Old 08-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Cold?
Rug up?
Are we moving the race to Bathurst?
we are looking forward to the shorts and t-shirt weather!
Old 08-10-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Hey dudes

Here is the grid list, please check to make sure the transponder number is correct

Cheers
Attached Files
Old 08-12-2018, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Well another epic 5 hour vintage enduro has been run and won. Congratulations to all the competitors. Great to see many new faces!! i hope you had a good time and will come back even better next year, i know one team who have already said they'll be back stronger next year with the same driving line up but with a better understanding of the race etc which is great news. We'd like to hear from you guys about how the race went for your team, any photos etc. set backs / lessons / grudge matches for next year.

Also as always i welcome feedback about the race, points for cars etc there was a query made regarding the value of the cougar buggy vs the truck version of it called the shot gun. There are a number of factors that go into it, trucks are heavier with more rotating mass, so generally they're slower and dont get as much run time so they're valued a fair bit lower. The other thing the points provide is mix up the buggy options and offer an incentive for people to put a car out there that might be a bit obscure because it gets the team under the cap. One request that came in was a review of a lot of the 4wds, given their complexity and minimal speed advantage and less run time, we'll look to drop a lot of the top 4wds by 0.5 and also some of the less favoured 2wds so they aren't all on the same points as the RC10 and XX

Cheers everyone and thanks again for making it such a great event. We look forward to seeing you in November for the festival

Also i've attached the results for you to have a look through

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip
Vintage enduro 2018.zip (43.7 KB, 53 views)
Old 08-14-2018, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

hey guys, while its fresh on the minds, i've done my propose rejig of the points based on feedback i've received and just seeing the time cars were doing.

So most people are saying that the RC10/B2 and Losi XX are the benchmark, so we've moved the top 4wds from the classic era down to the 5 points, then the actual vintage eligible 4wds have been dropped down by 0.5 and earlier 4wds like the optima mid and Cat SWB have also been dropped by 0.5 to 4 points to sit alongside buggies like the egress

Trucks have gained in popularity as a way to get under the car and this year proved to be the same, whilst a lot of the trucks are based on a 2wd buggy, their weight and rotating mass slows them down and limits run time so i think they are sitting correctly on the scale

Remember too that the points arent purely based on performance, rarity plays a part.

Also we're still looking to revive the low points enduro for next year, i've had a suggestion come in to maybe run a 20 minute race at the festival during lunch for buggies that are 1.5 points and below

cheers

Mikey
Attached Files
Old 08-16-2018, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

'Better late than never' thanks to Mikey and Pete and the Hills RC crew for organising and running the Enduro on Sunday. It was a good day run well and within a great atmosphere. The variety of vehicles being run added to the event and I will be trying to get a run again next year if my team needs me/ will have me (too slow).

Cheers, Thommo
NOFX likes this.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Did anyone take any photos of the Enduro???
Old 08-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wheel Nut
Did anyone take any photos of the Enduro???
Hey Dave, i got a small amount of video footage, which i'll put together at some point and post. Hopefully people got some pics

Cheers