WTB DEX 210

Old 04-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default WTB DEX 210

New or used I am looking to get into 2wd buggy for the first time and I think the Dex 210 will be a great place to start!!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

They are awesome, good choice.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vazzo View Post
They are awesome, good choice.
Yeah cool!!! I was going to get the tlr22 I've always loved all things losi... I was considering the b4.1 just because of the reasonable local support for the brand.. But yeah the dex210 looks pretty good and the support seems to be ok from what I'm understanding.... Hope I can come up with something soon!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

http://www.venom-group.com.au/dex210...oad-buggy-kit/
Old 04-03-2012, 02:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yip been drooling all over that page all day thanks

I'm interested to know the difference between running the 3 gear, gear box other than the 4 gear set up... I was talking with a knowledgable racer and he said the 4 gear slows the front wheels from
Lifting (mod) and allows the throttle to be pulled earlier and harder...
Old 04-03-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Motor direction.
Here
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...onfigurations/

3 gear RM makes the motor rotate opposite to the wheels direction causing the front of the car to press downwards. If you imagine that the rotor is fixed (ie, viewing relative to the rotor), the front of the car will rotate downwards relative to the rotor. more steering and traction

4G RM changes the motor direction. So the front would 'lift' relative to the rotor. less steering and traction

4 gear MM is in the same direction as the 4g RM, but since the motor is now inside the car you have to imagine the car rotating about the rotor. So the front rotates up and the rear rotates down. More traction, less steering

3g MM is the reverse again. Front would rotate down, rear rotate up. Less traction, more steering.

Obviously it's not quite this simple especially because the motor is outside the wheelbase in RM, but that's the basic gist of it.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by silvalis View Post
Motor direction.
Here
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...onfigurations/

3 gear RM makes the motor rotate opposite to the wheels direction causing the front of the car to press downwards. If you imagine that the rotor is fixed (ie, viewing relative to the rotor), the front of the car will rotate downwards relative to the rotor. more steering and traction

4G RM changes the motor direction. So the front would 'lift' relative to the rotor. less steering and traction

4 gear MM is in the same direction as the 4g RM, but since the motor is now inside the car you have to imagine the car rotating about the rotor. So the front rotates up and the rear rotates down. More traction, less steering

3g MM is the reverse again. Front would rotate down, rear rotate up. Less traction, more steering.

Obviously it's not quite this simple especially because the motor is outside the wheelbase in RM, but that's the basic gist of it.
Woah!!! My heAd just popped lol!!! I'm scared to open the link!!! Thanks for the insight!!!! This car is obviously the goods!!! I'm well impressed on the inclusion of droop screws aswell!!!
Now I've just got to get my hands on one!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Dont be worried, to start go 3 gear rear mount for dirt or 4 gear mid mount if on a high traction surface like carpet or astro. Then make changes if you need to - its all about what works on your track.

I'd really recommend getting a new kit so you get all the parts needed to go mid or rear mount and all the inserts that make the car so adjustable.
Unfortunately a lot of the time buying second hand you will just get the car in whatever configuration its set up in and not any of the other bits.

Cheers Matt
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mister_g View Post
Dont be worried, to start go 3 gear rear mount for dirt or 4 gear mid mount if on a high traction surface like carpet or astro. Then make changes if you need to - its all about what works on your track.

I'd really recommend getting a new kit so you get all the parts needed to go mid or rear mount and all the inserts that make the car so adjustable.
Unfortunately a lot of the time buying second hand you will just get the car in whatever configuration its set up in and not any of the other bits.

Cheers Matt
Thanks Matt!! I thinki will buy a new kit... Be good to see it all go together rather than being an adventure replacing parts...

Thanks for all the feed back!!!