R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Australia For Sale/Trade (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australia-sale-trade-103/)
-   -   UPDATED REQUIREMENTS TO POST ON FOR SALE THREAD (https://www.rctech.net/forum/australia-sale-trade/848748-updated-requirements-post-sale-thread.html)

nexxus 11-23-2014 05:11 PM

UPDATED REQUIREMENTS TO POST ON FOR SALE THREAD

These rule changes came into effect last week. They apply to both the international for sale items and the International sub forums.

In order to attempt to provide a more secure Sale environment, RCTech has implemented a new set of permissions pertaining to the use of the sale forums.

From this point forward in order to post in the sale forum you will need to meet the following 2 criteria

1, 90 days of Forum Membership

AND

2, 90 Posts.
If you are caught padding your posts, you will
1st offense have the illegitimate posts removed. and receive a 3 day suspension,
2nd offense the illegitimate posts will be removed and you will receive a 7 day suspension,
3rd offense, Site use will be revoked.

OR

Purchase the Elite Membership Status. Here...http://www.rctech.net/forum/payments.php

if you are found to be scamming users, you will be removed from the Sale Forums and the Site.

Payment methods may be reviewed in the future due to the lack of buyer protection in bank deposit / Western Union payments.

vicscott 12-03-2014 03:53 AM

Fairs fair i guess i should have paid alittle more attention to the Rules and Regs, and on a brighter note............1 more Post added.;)

nexxus 12-07-2014 02:10 AM

Bottom line is this is an RC Forum first and classifieds for people to buy and sell second, it's not unreasonable to ask people to give back either by being a paying member or contributing to some discussions, if you're struggling for posts go to the Rookie forum and help some new rc'ers out by answering a few questions.

heartostone 12-27-2014 05:06 PM

Thanks for the update didn't know till i tried to post something for sale.

kwakaman33 01-22-2015 12:00 AM

Are we also not able to see trade ratings until the time post limit is met?

nexxus 01-22-2015 12:01 AM

Trade ratings are fine, I can see yours.

nexxus 02-07-2015 06:02 PM

Going to make some adjustments on this, For sale threads for members who have joined over 3 months ago but may not have enough posts will be allowed, if pictures are posted in the ad.
To post pics, scroll down when you are starting a new thread to additional items, and one of the options will be to manage attachments. A pop up window will appear allowing you to upload up to 5 images to your post as long as they meet the size requirement (1024 * 760 is a good ballpark)

yokomoman 03-04-2015 12:09 AM

Hi nexxus
I'm a little confused as i received a warning from you about (not enough posts) to sell.

Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 13834259)
Going to make some adjustments on this, For sale threads for members who have joined over 3 months ago but may not have enough posts will be allowed, if pictures are posted in the ad.
To post pics, scroll down when you are starting a new thread to additional items, and one of the options will be to manage attachments. A pop up window will appear allowing you to upload up to 5 images to your post as long as they meet the size requirement (1024 * 760 is a good ballpark)

yokomoman 03-04-2015 12:22 AM

If I purchase the Elite membership it will override the 90 day / 90 posts ?

Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 13676621)
These rule changes came into effect last week. They apply to both the international for sale items and the International sub forums.

In order to attempt to provide a more secure Sale environment, RCTech has implemented a new set of permissions pertaining to the use of the sale forums.

From this point forward in order to post in the sale forum you will need to meet the following 2 criteria

1, 90 days of Forum Membership

AND

2, 90 Posts.
If you are caught padding your posts, you will
1st offense have the illegitimate posts removed. and receive a 3 day suspension,
2nd offense the illegitimate posts will be removed and you will receive a 7 day suspension,
3rd offense, Site use will be revoked.

OR

Purchase the Elite Membership Status. Here...http://www.rctech.net/forum/payments.php

if you are found to be scamming users, you will be removed from the Sale Forums and the Site.

Payment methods may be reviewed in the future due to the lack of buyer protection in bank deposit / Western Union payments.

yokomoman 03-04-2015 12:44 AM

Ok so I followed the link and I just purchased the Elite Membership status
effective as of the 4th March 2015 yay:nod:

vicscott 05-18-2015 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by nexxus (Post 13834259)

This is great News! Thank You.

nexxus 06-08-2015 08:34 PM

To make everyone aware, site admin will be adding this rule so it will happen automatically (which means I don't have to police it, *yay!*)

In the mean time I AM allowing posts from people with less than 90 posts but ONLY IF there is a picture of the actual item. (If you can't upload pics let me know and I can help with that)
No picture, no post. The thread is deleted
Do it again, it's deleted again and a warning is sent with the site rules.
Do it again, then sorry it's a week off.

Any abuse resulting from being informed you have breached the site rules and the ban will be permanent. (ID and IP)

revhead145 06-11-2015 09:06 PM

hmmmm. As a forum lurker more than a poster this isn't great..... I know it isn't your fault, and I get the intent, but now I have to actively contribute! p.s. I didnt even think I had 43 posts.... 1/2 way there

mostyn84 07-26-2015 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by heartostone (Post 13744258)
Thanks for the update didn't know till i tried to post something for sale.

Same mistake here smh

Gordy 09-26-2015 01:34 AM

I tend to agree with revhead145, ive been a member of the RC community for over 10years this time (5years back in 1990) and quite often look but don't post here, Bought something 2weeks ago and am thinking of selling MBX next week but with only86 posts should I just chuck it in the wheely bin? Was thinking that being able to pass on a bargin Buggy to someone was what this forum was about??? 90 Posts seems a bit excessive maybe a re-think on amount needed would be n order.

Regards
Gordy