7 is a pull start

Hyper 9 with os Vspec .21 motor
Hyper 8.5 with NOSRAM .30 motor
Hyper 7 with .21 Hobao 3 port - Stock motor

Photo's attached
These have been reported to police

Any information please contact me on 0424 504 105
Ask for Adam
Attached Thumbnails STOLEN - South Australia-img_0033.jpg   STOLEN - South Australia-img_0040.jpg   STOLEN - South Australia-img_0041.jpg   STOLEN - South Australia-img_0042.jpg   STOLEN - South Australia-img_0043.jpg  

Old 03-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

well keep our eyes open for the gear what suburb and when did they disappear
Old 03-08-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Just near the Seaford Shopping Centre / Moana boundary

guessing sometime early this morning....

Only good thing is that they didnt get my controller, glow plug starter, starter box, tools. chargers etc....

Sucks bad when you invest so much time and money into getting some sturdy. nicely tuned cars to have some wanktard come by and rip em off

I have my hopes up they might surface but have my doubts......
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mate that's heartbreaking news! I will never understand why people think they have the right to take what doesn't belong to them. I doubt they will even enjoy them bcause they will be constantly looking over there shoulder and hopefully be full of guilty feelings.

I hope you get them back and the person who took them gets what's comming to him.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Has other stuff from house get stolen or just rc. Usually if its certain item you have got stolen. theft is nearby you. most likely kids around your place who has seen the rc.. but thats my 2cent
Old 03-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah and 9 times out of 10 it's someone you know!
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My brother in laws brand new baja with all the hop ups was also stolen about 5 months ago and the cops said that rc specially large scale has been one of the main things being stolen due to the market. I've been searching everywhere I know online but haven't spotted it. Hope yours turn up. I'd check your local cash converters etc
Old 03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 304 (100%+)

Sad sign of the times, downturn on the economy (despite what the media spin will have us believe about being in a boom), people are cutting back, petty theft is through the roof as Police now seem more focused on revenue raising. Probably end up at a Cashies so someone can get their daily pack of smokes, which is a sad end, hopefully you're insured. I take out portable valuables cover for my rc gear so that if it gets stolen from home or when I am out racing / bashing it's covered. Costs me a bit a month, and not something I should have to do, but there are some dogs out there. IMO someone who steals is just too lazy to earn things for themselves, bring back the old times where we chopped the hands off someone who was caught as a thief.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Looks similar:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nitro-Bug...item33729a8760

Probably not it but thought I'd post it just in case as it was local
Old 03-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Sad sign of the times, downturn on the economy (despite what the media spin will have us believe about being in a boom), people are cutting back, petty theft is through the roof as Police now seem more focused on revenue raising. Probably end up at a Cashies so someone can get their daily pack of smokes, which is a sad end, hopefully you're insured. I take out portable valuables cover for my rc gear so that if it gets stolen from home or when I am out racing / bashing it's covered. Costs me a bit a month, and not something I should have to do, but there are some dogs out there. IMO someone who steals is just too lazy to earn things for themselves, bring back the old times where we chopped the hands off someone who was caught as a thief.
someone who steals is just too lazy to earn things for themselves, bring back the old times where we chopped the hands off someone who was caught as a thief

They still do that in south east Asia lol
Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RObErT_RaTh View Post
Looks similar:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nitro-Bug...item33729a8760

Probably not it but thought I'd post it just in case as it was local
Definitely NOT one of the stolen cars as the ebay auction is a 10 day auction, finishing tomorrow, so couldn't have been stolen a day or 2 ago - plus it's visibly different car, has all the glow plugs, starters, warmers, fuel bottle and other stuff which didn't get stolen. Oh, and a different body shell/paint job.

Originally Posted by Ryel83 View Post
someone who steals is just too lazy to earn things for themselves, bring back the old times where we chopped the hands off someone who was caught as a thief

Don't forget all those crazy nutcase, backwards, oil rich countries in the Middle East - it is 100% legal in (dunno how to spell this next word) sharia law (you know, taliban, bin laden, etc... all those insane extremist moslem rapist degenerates) to cut off the hand of those convicted of theft and stuff like that.

[rant]
But remember and think about this - if payback/revenge/punishment meant 'an eye for an eye' all that happens is everyone in the world goes blind! There's a very good reason we in civilised societies don't partake in torture/hacking off body parts/stoning women to death/shit like that coz it doesn't achieve anything positive for any party involved and is simply barbaric and completely without reason or justification. What happens if someone is proven innocent a year or a month or a day after they just had their right hand (or BOTH hands) cut off??!! Little bit difficult to attach a replacement.
[/end rant]

Seriously bro, I hope you get your cars back and the cruel and thoughtless arsehole gets what's coming to him and has it happen to him sometime down the track. What goes around comes around.

Just my 2cents worth. Good luck getting your cars back and catching those responsible. Hope it happens sooner rather than later. Keeping my fingers x'd for ya buddy.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Cheers for the support on getting them back guys. It's been devestaing having them ripped off. Starting of again is going be a massive task. It was awesome having the three generations of cars all tuned wonderfully.

Each motor had only just been run in probably 3L of 25% gone through the OS and Nosram total and less in the Hyper pull start. I didn't take em out much and used them sparingly as for all the years I have been doing this it's taken this long to learn that slow and steady wins the race.

I've been scowering gumtree and e-bay. I saw the ebay auction of the 8.5 but knew instantly it wasn't the one. You cant miss the honking big Nozzy I had in it. That car was pretty off tap. Out of any of them I would love my 8.5 back more than anything.

my feelings for the parties reponsible are summed up well here

Originally Posted by Ryel83 View Post

and to end my rant

I'm happy to reward anyone who genuinely gets a hit on them that leads to the returning of them and of course I'd like to thanks you all again for keeping your eyes posted.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

I have sent a link to this thread to a few mates in SA that are on other forums, perhaps they can help and keep an eye out for them. If I was you I would post up on all the aust forums out there.

Cheers, Brett,
Old 03-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Shit that is bad luck dude, that sux. As someone else said, it was probably someone local that's seen or knows you have the cars. Slim chance you'll get 'em back I reckon, there are so many people running Hobao's in SA it will be hard to track them down, seen plenty in the past for sale in your cashies/pawnbroker-style establishments as well.

Good luck with it.
Old 03-10-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

Every time this thread gets bumped, I hope you're replying to say you've got your stuff back and the thieves have been caught. Makes me sad.

All my stuff is just laying in the shed with no locks or doors for that matter. It sucks because if a kid felt like it, they could steal it easily. It's only because of where I am that I'm not all that worried (and the fact that I'm basically the only guy in town with real RC's and the amount I have).

TLDR; Really, really hope you get your stuff back mate!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service