Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 01:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Bottom line you shouldn't be buying / selling online unless using Paypal, thats my personal feelings on it, and I know we have sellers who say "Bank Deposit only" and really the only way to stop that is to have people not bite on their ads. No matter how many positives, you have no protection.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default nexxus

Wow, where do I start. I feel it only right that I mention I had a bad trade from you last week nexxus. I'm aware that your a moderator on rc tech, and will probably delete my account for my honesty.
On Monday 11/01/2016 (a few weeks ago) I pm'd you about a transponder. As you had advertised 4 for sale for $60 each. I ended up asking for a quote on 2 transponders and express post. To which you replied $120 including the express post. But you wouldnt be able to post them until Friday or Saturday due to work commitments. I was happy to accept that, and I paid immediately so that I could get the 2 best condition transponders out of the 4. In hind sight I should have pointed out that you were breaking rule number 10 in your own list of rules on the aus for sale page, by selling something that was not ready to be sold.
The following Tuesday I came home for lunch expecting to find my transponders but nothing was there. So I jumped on RC tech to find that you had just sent me a msg asking for my address. Even though they were already meant to have been sent a few days prior to that. (And my address details were already provided when I paid with paypal). So I return a msg with my address. Another 7 days pass by and my transponders finally arrive 15 days after I made payment for express post. And surprise surprise they were in a plain envelope with stamps. No express logo anywhere to be seen.
The 15 day wait on something I paid to have express posted, wasn't the thing that really made me dissapointed. But rather the appalling condition that the transponders were in. On your for sale post there was only one pictured of the 4 that were for sale. And it looked dirty but the wires looked fine. I asked what condition the others were in. To which you replied that the one pictured was the worst of the 4. So I payed immidiately to secure the best condition ones for myself. When they finally arrived. It was quite clear that I they were in bad condition and that one of the transponders had been cut and joined about 50mm from the actual transponder and another piece of heat shrink right on the edge of the transponder. Which I examined, to find a big cut in the negative wire not more than 2mm from the transponder.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by NitroMan No1
Wow, where do I start. I feel it only right that I mention I had a bad trade from you last week nexxus. I'm aware that your a moderator on rc tech, and will probably delete my account for my honesty.
On Monday 11/01/2016 (a few weeks ago) I pm'd you about a transponder. As you had advertised 4 for sale for $60 each. I ended up asking for a quote on 2 transponders and express post. To which you replied $120 including the express post. But you wouldnt be able to post them until Friday or Saturday due to work commitments. I was happy to accept that, and I paid immediately so that I could get the 2 best condition transponders out of the 4. In hind sight I should have pointed out that you were breaking rule number 10 in your own list of rules on the aus for sale page, by selling something that was not ready to be sold.
The following Tuesday I came home for lunch expecting to find my transponders but nothing was there. So I jumped on RC tech to find that you had just sent me a msg asking for my address. Even though they were already meant to have been sent a few days prior to that. (And my address details were already provided when I paid with paypal). So I return a msg with my address. Another 7 days pass by and my transponders finally arrive 15 days after I made payment for express post. And surprise surprise they were in a plain envelope with stamps. No express logo anywhere to be seen.
The 15 day wait on something I paid to have express posted, wasn't the thing that really made me dissapointed. But rather the appalling condition that the transponders were in. On your for sale post there was only one pictured of the 4 that were for sale. And it looked dirty but the wires looked fine. I asked what condition the others were in. To which you replied that the one pictured was the worst of the 4. So I payed immidiately to secure the best condition ones for myself. When they finally arrived. It was quite clear that I they were in bad condition and that one of the transponders had been cut and joined about 50mm from the actual transponder and another piece of heat shrink right on the edge of the transponder. Which I examined, to find a big cut in the negative wire not more than 2mm from the transponder.
What is strange is this is the first I have heard of this, you have made no attempt to contact me to clarify any issues, and I would have happily refunded you the full cost (including return post) upon receipt of the item.

Also at no stage did you ask for express. You asked for a "$5 flat rate envelope" and if you see the thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...t-4-avail.html , what I think you referred to was a flat rate envelope for documents, certainly not a non paper item. I post around 10-20 items a week, I have a rough idea what options there are.

I acknowledge a postage delay a week or so ago (around the time the transponders went out) as my wife was in hospital, I can substantiate this with parking receipts and discharge notes from St John of God Hospitals in Subiaco and Murdoch WA
So the ball is in your court, I acknowledge you are not happy with the item, but will also like it to be known you haven't said a word to me before this post either (which I can also substantiate). Return the item, I'll refund you in full.

Last edited by nexxus; 02-01-2016 at 12:05 AM.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am not sure if I should to try cut this one off first

But!!! I am sorry Australia post lost the item,
I used the requested delivery method and provided a tracking number,
The tracking showed that it got to Melbourne then disappeared,
I have opened a lost parcel enquiry as my duty as the sender.

Unfortunately Paypal buyer protection does not cover this scenario as I have done everything correctly.

But I will not refund the money because of Australia post's incompetence.

that is all.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by evochick
I am not sure if I should to try cut this one off first

Unfortunately Paypal buyer protection does not cover this scenario as I have done everything correctly.

But I will not refund the money because of Australia post's incompetence.

that is all.
Is this an item you sent or an item you were expecting and what someone has told you?
Old 02-04-2016, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This does not surprise me. Australia Post's service is atrociously incompetent, and I would not trust them with anything of value, sadly at most times there is not other option to send/receive items through them.

We constantly receive letters here at our apartment, addressed to people in the apartment complexes to either side of us, the unit number is the same, but the local postman cant tell the difference between a 2,6,9, or 0 when it comes to delivering the letter/package to the right complex.

I sincerely hope that your enquiry is a positive outcome for you, as I can appreciate your frustration with having to deal with Australia Post's screw ups.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Is this an item you sent or an item you were expecting and what someone has told you?
An item I sent to someone on the forum, I could just see a bad trader post coming...
Old 02-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

An item I sent to someone on the forum, I could just see a bad trader post coming...
I have had something turn up magically 3 months after I sent it in Australia - lost and found again.

Not sure what the item is worth, but it's registered you may still be able to claim $100 even if it is not insured.

"Compensation for loss or damage - up to $100 included (for higher coverage, add Extra Cover) "

I am not allowed to post URL's yet . .
Old 02-15-2016, 02:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default newblown

WARNING WARNING
Hi guys I have bought this NT1 on good faith it was a WC version. It did not come with all the parts a WC came with, it only came with the 4mm chassis, hardened bulk heads, a second hand clutch (parts missing from clutch) that is all it came with. So I asked the seller where are all the parts and he told me it did not come with that, so I asked for my money back and he will not give me my money back either. This guy is a liar and a thief. I would not deal with this guy or anyone else that is associated with him 👎
Old 02-16-2016, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xray-Stu
WARNING WARNING
Hi guys I have bought this NT1 on good faith it was a WC version. It did not come with all the parts a WC came with, it only came with the 4mm chassis, hardened bulk heads, a second hand clutch (parts missing from clutch) that is all it came with. So I asked the seller where are all the parts and he told me it did not come with that, so I asked for my money back and he will not give me my money back either. This guy is a liar and a thief. I would not deal with this guy or anyone else that is associated with him ��
Rc Tech needs to start banning Fraudulent sellers from ripping anyone off in the Rc Community. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth and then you have to turn up to a race track and be nice to nothing more than a scum
Old 02-16-2016, 05:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Sherif
Rc Tech needs to start banning Fraudulent sellers from ripping anyone off in the Rc Community. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth and then you have to turn up to a race track and be nice to nothing more than a scum
Unfortunately moderators can't simply ban someone on the say so of one or two people, very few leave feedback and those that do, many will be all too happy to throw mud, badmouth someone, then disappear when a solution or some sort of communication is initiated. This isn't centrelink, we can't assume guilty until proven innocent. If a seller is seen to have a track record, yes they are removed but removing someone also means the ability to pm them is gone, buyers can often no longer make contact to resolve issues, and that doesn't help anyone either.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nexxus
Unfortunately moderators can't simply ban someone on the say so of one or two people, very few leave feedback and those that do, many will be all too happy to throw mud, badmouth someone, then disappear when a solution or some sort of communication is initiated. This isn't centrelink, we can't assume guilty until proven innocent. If a seller is seen to have a track record, yes they are removed but removing someone also means the ability to pm them is gone, buyers can often no longer make contact to resolve issues, and that doesn't help anyone either.
I can assure you this is not Centrelink dispute, I have never been or on Centrelink. I'm pretty sure Centrelink couldn't support or funds my RC addiction. so newblown is a liar and thief for advertising stuff on a rc tech and not delivering the goods he has advertised. And when i have asked for the other parts and had to wait another week and a half to get A secondhand clutch which was missing parts out of it.

So I think it is only fair that people advertise correctly. if they do not you give them they money back. if they do not you should be able to remove them from the site and never to be advertised again

Stuart
Old 02-17-2016, 06:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

How did you pay for the items? Did you use Paypal? If so you can file a claim for not as described, return ship the items for a refund and claim the return freight back from Paypal

If you used bank deposit, well I can tell people not to use bank deposit until I am blue in the face........
Old 02-17-2016, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

No it was a cash deal and it was a very rushed and time was not on my side as I run a small business my self. And being a small community of RC people I assumed he would have done the right thing by me and I had asked for my money back but he has refused and told me I have got what I bought.

Thanks stuart
Old 02-17-2016, 11:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Bottom line is the moment you hand over the cash particularly in person you're pretty much saying you are happy with it how it is and it's done, it's hard to argue the item is misrepresented as you have picked up and paid cash so seen the item before paying for it. You may feel you have been short changed but the seller may feel you perhaps expected more than what was there, bottom line, a moderator can't side with either, and the best you can do is leave feedback. However attacks on members by parties not related to the transaction will not be looked upon kindly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.