Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RObErT_RaTh
Bennyzhao , do not deal with him, paypal email: [email protected]

Extremely poor communication (very delayed), told item no longer available AFTER paying for it, told I'll get a refund, received nothing. Told again not to worry, still nothing. Have opened claim dispute with paypal.

Item paid for on 9/5/13
For sale thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...awers-bag.html
Just updating above, case has been closed with paypal after no response from bennyzhao and I had my payment refunded in FULL. First time I've had to use paypal for protection and I'm really glad it's worked out for me this time.

Still, I'll never be dealing with bennyzhao ever again. I advise others to beware.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

btw be careful of murfy I didn't get all the stuff I paid for
Old 07-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default not sure if im being unfair

hey guys I bought an 1/8 scale item from here the other day. When I got the item it was missing wheel nuts, original chassis (had been converted to brushless, missing program card for esc. also I paid $45 for postage but box only had a sticker for $21 on it now I know extra cover isn't included in this figure but the parcel was meant to have $500 of extra cover on it, to do this it has to be signed for on delivery as they don't do registered post anymore. I checked with the post office they said if you didn't sign for it which I didn't it was sent regular meaning he made about $24 on postage.

Sorry to ramble on but also the item in question is hardly used which it is hardly used but I believe the rear diff is slipping as it clicks loudly on hard take offs.

Now I contacted seller stating all above he said never noticed diff noise, can't find esc card, sorry bout wheel nuts. He didn't mention anything bout chassis or postage I sent back please send original chassis and wheel nuts and program card when you find it.

My question is if he only sends me the chassis and wheel nuts and not the esc program card which I have in writing was included am I being unreasonable to open a dispute to get money to buy a program card, diff issues and for excess postage he pocketed after not putting cover on the parcel. I don't wish to name him at the moment. thanks Michael

Last edited by gnatsum69; 07-26-2013 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gnatsum69
hey guys I bought an 1/8 scale item from here the other day. When I got the item it was missing wheel nuts, original chassis (had been converted to brushless, missing program card for esc. also I paid $45 for postage but box only had a sticker for $21 on it now I know extra cover isn't included in this figure but the parcel was meant to have $500 of extra cover on it, to do this it has to be signed for on delivery as they don't do registered post anymore. I checked with the post office they said if you didn't sign for it which I didn't it was sent regular meaning he made about $24 on postage.

Sorry to ramble on but also the item in question is hardly used which it is hardly used but I believe the rear diff is slipping as it clicks loudly on hard take offs.

Now I contacted seller stating all above he said never noticed diff noise, can't find esc card, sorry bout wheel nuts. He didn't mention anything bout chassis or postage I sent back please send original chassis and wheel nuts and program card when you find it.

My question is if he only sends me the chassis and wheel nuts and not the esc program card which I have in writing was included am I being unreasonable to open a dispute to get money to buy a program card, diff issues and for excess postage he pocketed after not putting cover on the parcel. I don't wish to name him at the moment. thanks Michael
Hi Michael,
Did you use paypal for this deal?

It's also not right for him not to highlight to you those things were missing prior to sending the parcel. He could have offered some replacements, or even take off some of the sale cost.

As for the postage, i suggest you ask him for the receipt.

And yes, you should dispute with paypal if he doesnt want to settle his faults.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Postage costs the question is, if it cost him $65 to ship, would you have paid the extra $20?

As for items missing or not as described, has any resolution been offered at all? If so what was it?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rokie1432
Hi Michael,
Did you use paypal for this deal?

It's also not right for him not to highlight to you those things were missing prior to sending the parcel. He could have offered some replacements, or even take off some of the sale cost.

As for the postage, i suggest you ask him for the receipt.

And yes, you should dispute with paypal if he doesnt want to settle his faults.
Yes I did use paypal for the deal. If he only sends the wheels nuts and chassis and doesn't send the program card or want to work something out for diff clicking and postage difference you think I should dispute this with paypal.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
Postage costs the question is, if it cost him $65 to ship, would you have paid the extra $20?

As for items missing or not as described, has any resolution been offered at all? If so what was it?
Isn't it kinda upto the seller to work out postage if they don't allow enough I don't think the buyer should pay extra. The main problem here is he was meant to put extra cover on the parcel and it appears he didn't but postage isn't the main issue is the other bits that are missing.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

While we are on the subject of postage, when a deal is done by Paypal, who should pay for the insurance on a parcel? Seller or buyer? Whilst everybody might well say buyer pays, I always pay it if the buyer won't pay for it. Reason being that if it gets lost then Paypal will refund the buyer out of my account and I lose....
Old 08-05-2013, 10:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Usually if an item goes missing the buyer chases the seller, and can file a paypal claim against the seller, so I like to make sure I at least have tracking to protect myself. Had one person from another forum try to claim non arrival until I showed them tracking indicating they'd signed for the item.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 PM
MM1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Postage!

Hi,

I think postage has always been a real sore point!

As a Transport/Courier business owner postage and freight costs can be expensive.

Australia Post has a great site now where size,weight, insurance and registration of the parcel determines the freight cost.

I always advise the most postage, because when i sell something I want to make sure it gets to its destination in tact and on time. Most importantly, Australia post will cover the cost for any losses so i always insure the item so that if it gets lost both parties will be re-imbursed.

Paypal only covers the person paying not the sender if the item/s are lost in the mail.

So before you send and wish to receive make sure that postage is clear.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:24 PM
MM1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Time wasting bad traders!

Hi All,

In the last 2 weeks I have been trying sell my off road AE Factory Team RC Gear!

I have had some interesting offers! There is an element out there in RC land that send you Pm's negotiate a deal, agree to that deal and never ever follow through.

Its frustrating as I am in need of selling this gear, well below what its actually worth to pay medical bills that weren't covered by my private health insurance.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MM1
Hi All,

In the last 2 weeks I have been trying sell my off road AE Factory Team RC Gear!

I have had some interesting offers! There is an element out there in RC land that send you Pm's negotiate a deal, agree to that deal and never ever follow through.

Its frustrating as I am in need of selling this gear, well below what its actually worth to pay medical bills that weren't covered by my private health insurance.
If you want sales on here you have to be competitively priced, bordering on bargain priced, there are more buyers than there are sellers. Buyers are not interested in the back story, or who you supported etc, they want the best deal for their $$ period. I can understand that you are frustrated with a large number of tyre kickers but I don't really think it's a 'bad trade' or appropriate to this thread.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default WARNING MugenRacer20

- 2x hitec 7955 been bolted in and run on grass once around 30 mins usage like brand new $85each
2x savox 1258tg one with no lab and 1mm mark in the plastic the other brand new $65 or marked one $50

This was his original post for sale, when I wrote of the very used and damaged servos he said no returns. This is like coming into my house and stealing from me!

This is a misrepresentation of the items, both from the photos and in the description. He even put his thumb over marks in the case for the photos

I didn't get a Saxov 1258, I got a 1256 with wires melted together and a broken receiver plug. I paid the $65 asking price to the new one
Attached Thumbnails Bad Traders thread.-image.jpg  

Last edited by RC Addic; 08-16-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MugenRacer20

The other damaged servos
Attached Thumbnails Bad Traders thread.-image.jpg  
Old 08-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Wow.

The Savox looks like the wires have touched an shorted (causing the melted insulation) probably because of the plug on the end...

and the Hitecs looks as though a soldering iron has been slightly touched on them... (looks like in photos, may look different in person)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.