Like Tree3Likes

Bad Traders thread.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

SKOTTK strikes again, same story about postage mishap!!!! He actually sent me a PM on how he would refund my money back on Dec.11....still hoping I didn't get screwed!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Exclamation ??? ScottK

It would appear that a lot of people have been ripped off here.

Did anyone use PayPal, or have postal insurance, or confirm who it was with correct details and a phone number??? I can understand the smaller sums being not so worried about, but I'm assuming some have paid rather large amounts of money here.

There needs to be some form of identification to find out who this is, and ensure refunds and/or goods exchange.

And is there a way to find out if the trader rating is fraudulent? It seems odd that someone with such a good record would go on a scamming rampage and rip so many people off.

I think this is a case for the moderators or someone who knows him personally to source the truth and set this straight.

I know I will be a lot more careful now when purchasing from now on, and I urge everyone to do the same...
Old 12-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default SkottK!!!!

I used PayPal but the thing is that you only have 45 days after purchase to file a claim. It so happens that the day he said he would refund my money was on the PayPal deadline.

He actually replied to every PM I sent in a timely manner which made me somewhat believe him and give it a chance. Since that day I have sent PM's and have yet to get a reply!!!

So in short....He knew what he was doing and he is PayPal verified and will be found!!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

From what I can see his last activity was 12/12/11, I think what could be the case is some sort of family / medical issue which is preventing him from coming on to resolve issues, has anyone considered that? This is a user with 70 + positive feedbacks built up over years, and now we have one or two people who, by crying foul on a public forum are creating a whole load of scare mongering for which there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation.

If you paid by Paypal and can file a claim, yes of course you should, you have the right to guard your own self interests, but don't get caught up in branding someone a scammer just because one person jumps on and uses a load of and about an item not arriving to the USA in a week so therefore they must be getting scammed. Last parcel I air mailed to Obamaland (Lousiville KY to be exact) took 7 weeks to show!
Old 12-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nexxus
From what I can see his last activity was 12/12/11, I think what could be the case is some sort of family / medical issue which is preventing him from coming on to resolve issues, has anyone considered that? This is a user with 70 + positive feedbacks built up over years, and now we have one or two people who, by crying foul on a public forum are creating a whole load of scare mongering for which there may be a perfectly reasonable explanation.

If you paid by Paypal and can file a claim, yes of course you should, you have the right to guard your own self interests, but don't get caught up in branding someone a scammer just because one person jumps on and uses a load of and about an item not arriving to the USA in a week so therefore they must be getting scammed. Last parcel I air mailed to Obamaland (Lousiville KY to be exact) took 7 weeks to show!

It's actually five people to be exact!!!.....that we know of!!!! I'm also on week 7!!!

Like I posted before, you only hav 45 days to post a claim. In those days he replied to every PM I sent in a timely manner. In his last PM i was told that he would refund my money back to me on 12/12/11....well, here it is 12/17/11 and still showing 0$ in my PayPal account!!!!

I really don't care what shows up, either the goods or the money!!!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I bought something from him last week had no issues with the transaction
Hopefully it works out for you
Old 12-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mattb4310
I bought something from him last week had no issues with the transaction
Hopefully it works out for you

I'm glad to see that your transaction went smooth... gives me hope that mine will go through.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juice1
It's actually five people to be exact!!!.....that we know of!!!! I'm also on week 7!!!

Like I posted before, you only hav 45 days to post a claim. In those days he replied to every PM I sent in a timely manner. In his last PM i was told that he would refund my money back to me on 12/12/11....well, here it is 12/17/11 and still showing 0$ in my PayPal account!!!!

I really don't care what shows up, either the goods or the money!!!
...The American is the one making the most noise. Who'd have thunk it?
Old 12-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Questions?? :-(

This all appears to be getting out of hand, personal opinions should be left for off the keyboard.

I was just curious as to if there were measures that could be taken, for people to not get ripped off.

The things I mentioned were steps I would take, and I'm wondering if there are any others that haven't been noted. Maybe if everybody throws up suggestions instead of opinions, something can be solved.

What insurances are there to avoid this situation???
Old 12-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

transfer by credit card
Old 12-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Probably because he spent the most.

5 people with complaints, some in Oz & some OS, doesn't look good.
Hopefully it will all get sorted.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I too bought something from ScottK 2 weeks ago and I picked it up from the PO just then. Must be one of the lucky ones.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

What does that have to do with anything... isn't that what this thread is for? I am just posting my experience thus far with this transaction.

It almost seems that you know this fellow on a personal level and mabey you can shed some light on his situation.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silvalis
I too bought something from ScottK 2 weeks ago and I picked it up from the PO just then. Must be one of the lucky ones.
Wow. Did he walk to your local PO personally and drop it off? 2 weeks to post something to someone else in Aus?
Old 12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Wow didnt realise this was a public lynching forum! Strange how all you ppl complain yet scott has 1 negative feedback from 74..... I for one have had nothing but great dealings with him. Did anyone ever stop to think that these lost parcels will cost him $$ that he may not have just laying around. Perhaps he is having great fun with aus post during the busiest time of the year trying to find these lost items?

If it is such a drama why dont you lodge a complaint with your cc company or paypal and let them deal with it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.