Wiki Posts
Search

Lynx 3D Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Lynx 3D Batteries

Hey guys. I'm getting back into the hobby after being away for 6 years, and have decided to resurrect my Lynx 3D, as it seems radio technology hasn't changed a whole lot since I left. Plus, I hear the Spektrum module will work with this radio, which is good news.

Anyway, I'm not sure about what to do with the batteries in the radio. I still have the original NiCd pack that it came with, and that seems to be working okay, though I expect those cells won't have the life they once enjoyed. What's the latest thing people are doing for the batteries in these controllers? Also, what's the best way to charge the batteries? I use the wall charger, but I never know how long to leave it plugged in since I'm not sure if it's a peak charger or what. Is it better to use my regular charger, and if so, at what amperage? How about discharging?

Even though the radio isn't made anymore, surely people are still using them.

P.S. That Spektrum module will work with the 3D, right? Their FAQ said so, but it would be nice to know for sure before I buy one. :-D
Old 01-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Spektrum should work fine. They list it for the CRX, which uses the same module. This still remains to be seen as they are not out yet.

The Spectra module is out ansd works in both the CRX & 3D

I charged my stock Lynx 3D pack with a CE T35 @ 1A, worked great.

Any peak charger should do fine, the batteries must be out of the radio to use a peak charger however.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I too have the lynx 3D. I love the radio. I originally had the rechargable 650mah batteries but I race 4 classes in the summer and I would find the batteries would need a charge before the day ended.

I absolutely love the run time I get from this new battery. Check it out:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXFRT7

I hope that Helps. There is no need to upgrade radios just yet. This uses the hitec spectrum and should use the spektrum when it comes out. ANd the feature I really like that others don't have is the idel up for nitro engines.

I usually charge the battery with an adapter with aligator clips on the other end and I use a peak charger at 1.5 amps

Good luck
Old 01-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just curious, what rechargable battery pack will work with the SRX?