Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
hs-5925mg servo problem >

hs-5925mg servo problem

hs-5925mg servo problem

Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default hs-5925mg servo problem

here is my problem, i ran all day last saturday fine.

today, i decide to change the voltage regulator from the novak 5 amp bec to the muchmore 5 amp bec regulator-no reason, just trying something different.

both regulators work perfect, input is 7.4 volts, with output of 6v on novak, and 6.5v on the muchmore- this was measured by my fluke meter.

i plug everything on and the steering servo works perfect, but i try out the throttle servo(hs-5925mg) and it works ok, then i lower the epa on the transmitter, all of a sudden, i pull the throttle, and it goes just a little bit, then i brake, it goes little bit, then even less, and then, it doesnt turn at all.
for no reason it burned up, i opened it up and i smell the burnt diode smell.

i checked the output of the regulator, it was still 6.5v so it was obvious the .5 volt killed the servo.

why??
Old 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

there is a chance that the servo was going out and the timing of the regulator change was just a coincidence.

just putting that out there. i had a 5925 go south on me before. lived a long time before it happened. contact hitec about it, i think you will like what they offer as a resolution. it is a legacy servo now and well just contact them, i think you will like it.

i am 100% hitec over here. they just rock

edit, my nimh rx packs peak at close to 8v so i dont think the .5v is the problem
Old 08-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

i was thinking the same thing actually, the servo has just been put to rest, time to replace.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the servo is less than 2 years old, you can send it in to us and it will be covered under warranty. Please send the servo in to us with a copy of your purchase receipt. Here is a link to the return procedure. http://www.hitecrcd.com/pages/support/102