Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
Odd problem with 7955tg, (may not be servo) >

Odd problem with 7955tg, (may not be servo)

Odd problem with 7955tg, (may not be servo)

Old 06-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Odd problem with 7955tg, (may not be servo)

I have 7955tg on my Z01B and while practicing on the track on hard lands where it would put a lot of force on to the front wheel it would go to full lock toward one directon.

And until I swing steering both direction fully it will not recenter. Almost like it needs recalibration.

Do you think this radio issue?

I'm not the best of driver and do some pretty bad lands

I'm going out today again with fully charged battery, so we'll see. I also wonder if if it's bringing down my voltage to a point of resetting my receiver.

I'm running hobbywing 3A BEC 5A max on 2 cell lipo.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It sounds as though we might have a few possibilities as to the cause of your problem. So we will need to start eliminating some ideas. First you need to check the battery connection for solid connectivity. Also if you have any spare receivers, test with a different receiver under the same conditions. Does your receiver have padding around it, heavy jolts can affect the ceramic filters in receivers causing loss of signal and range. Are all of your servo plugs pushed in all the way on the receiver? Does your receiver battery have padding as well. And finally if you need us to check the servo out for you we can, the diagnostics are done for free, and our warranty is 2 years from the date of purchase(U.S. only). Keep me updated on your progress.

Thanx.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Addict

didnt' get to go out yesterday but,

I bought another 7955 yesterday, I needed one anyways.

if behavior is same, it's not the servo, if new one doen't act the same.. then i'll send it in to you guys, either for repair or R&D, servo's only few months old but I don't have the receipt anymore .

I need to get me one of those receipt scanners, i'm so bad at keeping receipts.

I'll be testing it today, with fully charged battery.

what's the charge on repair anyways on one of these babies? is it worth repairing it?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

There is a production code on the servo that will give us an idea of when the servo was purchased. There is a good chance that we will warrant the servo. Worst case scenario, it is still cheaper than a new servo.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Billy T. View Post
There is a production code on the servo that will give us an idea of when the servo was purchased. There is a good chance that we will warrant the servo. Worst case scenario, it is still cheaper than a new servo.
Great to hear. I love these servo's can can't wait till the 7940's come out.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

got only enough light to try out 2nd servo, and receiver, both acted the same. next is swap out the battery
Old 06-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Tech Addict

found the solution... or the problem

it was the Odonnell's servo horn. servo horn is two pieces and one was turning inside the other. used the heavyduty servo horn that came with the servo and everything is fine now.

woot.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by devilchrist View Post
found the solution... or the problem

it was the Odonnell's servo horn. servo horn is two pieces and one was turning inside the other. used the heavyduty servo horn that came with the servo and everything is fine now.

woot.
That's good to hear. I had that same problem with my old 2 piece throttle/brake horn from the jammin truggy, re-tightened the screws and all was well.