Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
Optional steering wheels for Hitec radio (Lynx 3D) >

Optional steering wheels for Hitec radio (Lynx 3D)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optional steering wheels for Hitec radio (Lynx 3D)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Optional steering wheels for Hitec radio (Lynx 3D)

I have a Lynx 3D. I would like to get an optional steering wheel.
There are many aftermarket wheels I see but none of these are listed to fit Hitec.

For these optional steering wheels: Can I put one on made for another manufacturer? Do they mount the same as a Hitec wheel? Wich one?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Company Representative

This question needs to be aimed at the manufacturer of the aftermarket wheels to see if they will also fit the 3D.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Is that the type of answer a Hitec engineer would give to a manufacturer of optional wheels? Ask someone else. Your more then happy to write in your instruction sheets what servo horns fit your servos. It would be kinda funny to write in them to go ask the horn manufacturers if they would fit, wouldnt it. This forum is called Ask Hitec.
I would have though you would know more about your radios wheel mount a bit more than that. Thanks for trying,... I guess.

Maybe some other forum surfer can help me out here. I know I am not the only one that wants to know.
Does anyone else know if the wheel mounting of a Hitec radio (Lynx 3D) is the same as: Futaba, Airtronics, JR, Traxxas, or other?

On the Lynx 3D, the wheel mounts on a protruding piece of round plastic rod with a flat cutout on the bottom. Are any other manufacturers similar?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Company Representative

The simple answer is that you are asking Hitec about other manufacturers equipment. We don't make an aftermarket wheel and cannot comment about another manufacturers product. If they don't list that it fits a Hitec radio then chances are it does not. To confirm if there is a chance it will, you need to ask the manufacturer of the product. i.e. in this case it is the manufacturer of the aftermarket wheels.