CG355 Charger

Old 02-01-2003, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default CG355 Charger

Hi I was wondering if there is a problem with the CG355 HT DELUXE DELTA PEAK CHARGER, as 11 months ago I purchased one of this being the most expensive charger has I thought tha the quality would be good.

Well it last 5 months before it overcharged and cookrd batteries. It was sent back and replaced with a new one (this unit had a internal fault that could not be fixed - impoters quote on the unit).

Well the replacement unit packed up last week but this time it would not charge batteries (mine your other peoples batteries that I tried) so in for repairs it when't today.

My question is what goes wrong with these units as 2 chargers in 11 months and supposely being Hitec's best charger is a bit excessive as I thought a charger would last longer than that??

Have to think twice about buying Hitec after this has happen
Has the quality gone or am I expecting too much??

Thanks
Old 02-01-2003, 04:34 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

?????

Not sure of the issue....

I know I have had mine for a couple years now and works great...
Old 02-01-2003, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They do work great when they they work but 2 chargers that just stop working with no signs of problems before is a bit hard to work out.
They have never been connected backwards and have run off a 12v car battery not a power supply and the car battery is only slow charge about once every 2 weeks.

The worring part is when the distributor says that the first one had a internal fault that could not be fixed so they replaced it.
Then the replacement one fails either there is a bad batch or the quality has gone from Hitec.

If they replace this one I'll cut my lose's and trade on a brand another brand that everyone is happy at the race track