Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > Ask Hitec
question on HS-5625... >

question on HS-5625...

question on HS-5625...

Old 01-26-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default question on HS-5625...

I recently purchased 2 HS-5625 digital high speed servos for steering duty on stock sedan (indoor carpet). I had a 5925 in my old 1/8 buggy and loved that one.

My day at the track found these to be reletively slow, and did not solve the centering problems (that drive me crazy) which the digital servos were intended to fix. I could live with slower speeds, but expect these digital servos to snap back to precise center everytime. Steering mechanism on my Xray Evo2 is very free and rides on bearings.

My question is: did I get some bad ones (these are date code March 2002), or did I pick the wrong servo for this application. Do I need to sell these and get a 5925?

thanks for any advice.
Ken
Old 01-27-2003, 05:26 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there any excessive slop in your steering linkages? My XXX-S is brand new and will wander a bit due to the slop in the linkages.(I'm changing to a captured style ends) You will notice a difference in speed from the 5925 to the 5625, and the holding torque is much greater on the 5925. With the car on and the servo at neutral see if your tires can move around from side to side. If not put the car on the track and just turn the wheels and see if the servo is going back to center. I'll check back later. TTYL.

Gary F.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Default steering slop

I have tried the 5625 in 3 cars now...xray evo2, tamiya ta-04-R, and tamiya mini m-04. I expect that the m-04 will have slop....and I can work on that one...but the ta-04 and xray have very tight steering linkages, and does not appear to be source of centering problem. If I put the car on the track and just turn the wheels....it retuns close to center (but not exact center going left or right.

I can see requiring a 5925 or 5945 for big off-road steering (1/8, tmaxx, buggies, trucks) but I cannot see why this servo is not enough for crisp, zipping, and precise return to center steering on a electric touring car.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:59 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When you hold the servo and manualy tweak the horn does there seem to be a little play in it? This is unusual for that servo. Mine is 2 years old and is being used for throttle duties in my XXX-NT and is still fine. If there is play in the gear train, send it back into us and we''ll replace the gears and check the servo out to see if anything else is up. TTYL.

Gary
Old 02-12-2003, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

no there is no play in the servo when tweaking by hand. I am continuing to test and experiment with the linkages to make sure that slop is not contributing to on track problems.
will update later.
Ken
Old 02-14-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Two things came to mind: Are you using the correct servo horn? Are the servo saver tight enough?