605BB (problem)

Old 12-08-2002, 09:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default 605BB (problem)

Hi there, I'm running two 605's in my Nitro TC3. I've noticed that the servo's don't center well at all. The throttle is most notable. I idle at a certain RPM/sound, I run the car for a bit and then next time I bring it in with no throttle and no changes on the transmitter, the idling RPM's are higher than when they left. As far as steering, I often find myself having to correct the car when coming out of a turn. The servo has decent speed and torque, but it just does not want to center. Is this a defect with the servo itself?

Several other people I know are also having problems with some of the lower end Hitec's not centering well. Just wanted to know if it's a common problem.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

same here....tried a brand new 225MG last weekend in my carpet knife....what a handfull!! Replaced at track with JR3550....PERFECT!
Old 12-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I to have had so many problems with hitech servos I WILL NEVER BUY ONE AGAIN!!!! They have problems centering & sticking,The models I have had problems with are 605 bb, 625mg,645mg,and the 425bb,I have now switched to airtronics & jr servos with no more centering problems.The radios that I have been using are good radios,mx-3 & m-8.
Old 12-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

My 605MG servo centers worse than my standard Futaba S3003. Weird huh?

I've tooken it out of steering duty (was on a stadium truck) and now it acts as the throttle servo on my 1/8th buggy. Apparently, speed and torque is still there. The reason for putting it as a throttle servo is it isn't under a constant load so it can somewhat stay centered.

I probably won't deal with Hitec servos again. Sorry Hitec. Your radios are great though (I have a Lynx 3D.)
Old 12-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Company Representative

Why don't you guys try the coreless or digital servos since that is what you are comparing our servos to? They will center much more precisely than the 3-pole motor servos. Also make sure to use the proper horn.

The 5245MG is our new digital 1/12th scale servo. It sells for about $50, that's $13 less than the 3550 and it has twice the torque at about the same speed. The digital curcuit provides much better centering and holding power. http://www.hitecrcd.com/Servos/hs5245.htm

Try the 5925MG and you will never use any other servo again. http://www.hitecrcd.com/Servos/hs5925.htm

Mike.

Last edited by MikeMayberry; 12-12-2002 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Regional Moderator

So witch Digital servo would you recommend use trying out? I was looking at possibly getting a KO 2143 or 2123 but I like Hitec servos, the ones that I've used 605BB, they haven't given me any problems.

I'll be replacing the 605BB in my touring electric car.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:41 PM
Company Representative

The 5925MG is as good as it gets! I use it in all my cars.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Servos/hs5925.htm

Mike.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by MikeMayberry
The 5925MG is as good as it gets! I use it in all my cars.

http://www.hitecrcd.com/Servos/hs5925.htm

Mike.
Thanks, I'll check it out
Old 12-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I dont know to many racers in my area that use any of the hitech digital servos,Hitech has such a BAD reputation in my area, I dont think I want to spend $79 on a servo from a company that I have had so many problems with other servos,I say spend your money on a better servo than what hitech sells.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

First impressions are everything ,Mike....enough said!
Old 12-13-2002, 11:02 AM
Company Representative

Use the right tool for the job and compare apples to apples. Show me a $30 servo that has the performance of the 605... there is not one. Does it center as well as servos that cost 2, 3 and 4 times a much? No! If you want to compare top level servos then Hitec can go toe to toe with anyone. I'll put our digital coreless HS-5925MG up against any servo on the market today. I've tested them all and can tell you for a fact that there is nothing better at ANY cost. In fact the Hitec digitals have become the servo of choice for the giant scale aircraft guys whos airplanes cost upward of $8000!

As for first impressions... Did you really think a $30 servo would be as good as a $65 servo? If you were to have used the 245MG for your 1/12th then your first impression would have been much better. That is one of the things this forum is for. Ask what would be best for your application and one of us will give you our advise.

Mike.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by MikeMayberry
Use the right tool for the job and compare apples to apples. Show me a $30 servo that has the performance of the 605... there is not one. Does it center as well as servos that cost 2, 3 and 4 times a much? No! If you want to compare top level servos then Hitec can go toe to toe with anyone. I'll put our digital coreless HS-5925MG up against any servo on the market today. I've tested them all and can tell you for a fact that there is nothing better at ANY cost. In fact the Hitec digitals have become the servo of choice for the giant scale aircraft guys whos airplanes cost upward of $8000!

As for first impressions... Did you really think a $30 servo would be as good as a $65 servo? If you were to have used the 245MG for your 1/12th then your first impression would have been much better. That is one of the things this forum is for. Ask what would be best for your application and one of us will give you our advise.

Mike.
I'll give it a try Mike. I'll judge for myself. Just a quick question. I switched to the Novak synthesized FM receiver, my Radio is an Airtronics. Is there an Airtroncs plug included in the box so I can plug it up to the receiver?
Old 12-13-2002, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Heh, didn't intend on this turning into a flame war. I've got nothing against Hitec servo's, for the money they're good servo's. But the fact still remains, a $15 Futaba 3003 centers better than the 605, which costs $30-35. The servo has great speed and torque, if you guys could get it to center better, it'd probably be one of the best selling servo's on the market right now. I was looking for best bang for the buck servo when I was going after one for my nitro, I saved some money, but at the expense of servo's that don't work as they should. Next time I get servo's, I'll be sure and go after the high end servos, since nobody seems to be having any problems with those.

Thanks for the info Mike, its much appreciated. The fact alone that you boys respond to customer problems is something I wish I could see out of every RC company. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Aeon Racer
The fact alone that you boys respond to customer problems is something I wish I could see out of every RC company. Keep up the good work.
I agree.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

I also had a problem with the 605mg & 615mg servos, but mine were burning out. Hitec made good on them, but it was still a hassle. I switched to the digitals, and haven't had any problems. I've got 7 nitro r/cs using all Hitec equipment (actually 3 have Novak XXTRA receivers). I'm sure there might be better servos out there, but not for the money, and definetly not with the support you get from Hitec.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.