Old 12-21-2017, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Track looks good though
Old 12-21-2017, 07:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by biggen
Oh OK didn't know you was opening it back up
Thinking about it. Was hoping someone else would put one in but it never happened. Got the track built and fixing to put a ceiling in so I can heat the track area in the winter. Me and Chad are changing it up some tomorrow and gonna start running some laps. We don’t have an AMB yet but will probably get together and run some laps in January and February.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jdwarne
Thinking about it. Was hoping someone else would put one in but it never happened. Got the track built and fixing to put a ceiling in so I can heat the track area in the winter. Me and Chad are changing it up some tomorrow and gonna start running some laps. We don’t have an AMB yet but will probably get together and run some laps in January and February.
Could be popular again. I do remember those nights it was packed with standing room only in the pit area. Turn out for races was excellent considering location not being closer to a big city. I was impressed with pits and the track size. Is track same size as before? Are you wanting to feel out local racer support?
Old 12-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Could be popular again. I do remember those nights it was packed with standing room only in the pit area. Turn out for races was excellent considering location not being closer to a big city. I was impressed with pits and the track size. Is track same size as before? Are you wanting to feel out local racer support?
Track is smaller but the funniest offroad layout I've had. Just enjoying running some laps with a few guys right now. Might get some racing going later this year. We are planning on having a cookout where everybody pitches in on bringing food, drinks, snacks and we will cookout and run some laps. I'll let you know in advanced And you are welcome to join us.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:37 AM
Tech Master

Track is smaller but the funniest offroad layout I've had. Just enjoying running some laps with a few guys right now. Might get some racing going later this year. We are planning on having a cookout where everybody pitches in on bringing food, drinks, snacks and we will cookout and run some laps. I'll let you know in advanced And you are welcome to join us.
Sounds good. Thanks
Old 01-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

When is there a play day planed I'd like to check it out
Old 01-10-2018, 07:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There are several of us in Little Rock area that will run there.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by biggen
When is there a play day planed I'd like to check it out
I'll let everybody know when we have a play day.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cah1970
There are several of us in Little Rock area that will run there.
I'm looking into changing out the dirt to a high bite clay surface. Also planning on a pit area with 50 plus 4 ft pit spots and heating the track area to run a winter series this coming fall. I've been away from the hobby for over 3 years so I need a little feedback from everyone, if I go with high bite surface would you guys be interested in running these classes -- 2wd SC, 2wd buggy, and 2wd stadium truck. With high bite, I'm thinking if we focused on these 3 classes it would make for some fun racing..... Give ya'lls feedback on what you think.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

I'm looking into changing out the dirt to a high bite clay surface. Also planning on a pit area with 50 plus 4 ft pit spots and heating the track area to run a winter series this coming fall. I've been away from the hobby for over 3 years so I need a little feedback from everyone, if I go with high bite surface would you guys be interested in running these classes -- 2wd SC, 2wd buggy, and 2wd stadium truck. With high bite, I'm thinking if we focused on these 3 classes it would make for some fun racing..... Give ya'lls feedback on what you think.
I apologize for the amount on info I'm leaving here. Just wanted to expand the topic so everyone could see the details to consider. Above all else, I would hope this is a long term effort that everyone enjoys with friends and family.

I think you will do well with this. I know many are excited about it. You had a great program in the past. You don't have to start from scratch like others would. I understand where you are going with those classes due to size of track. I will say that all major events have moved on to 1/8 scale with 4wd SCT in the mix. Hear me out. Even at the Little Rock track, these are the classes that have stood the test of time and always have enough people to run no matter what.

With that said, I think the 2wd stuff would work fine and be a change of pace for winter. I don't see the stadium trucks doing as well as 2wd truck, but I'm a truck guy and my thoughts are biased about that. Stadium truck is something like a buggy/truggy or SCT wanta be. Those classes have died off in the past few years and never last long anywhere near us. I don't think they ever did well at your place for long either. It will be hard to get people to buy a rig that is not popular then have to give them away if selling out after class dies again. Even so, some people have old rigs that are still race ready.

This is just my opinion. I would stick to 2wd buggy and 2wd SCT. Maybe add 4wd SCT because there are so many people who have been racing them and they will not have to go out and buy all new stuff to get started. That class will start out full from the word go. Divide the classes when there are enough to have novice or more current terms, Open class and Mod/Pro class to give slower guys a place to feel comfortable and less intimidated. That's more than enough diversity to get started and have a full race schedule once you have a crowd showing up. Some will say run a stock class. Problem with that is too much trouble to police it. Much better to have 3 heats of buggies and one of them be the novice class. Could just run A,B,C mains like the big events. Fast guy could fall to the bottom if he has issues and be forced to fight his way back up. Qualify and resort after first round. Then 2 bump up in mains.

I think the dirt is not that important to get started. Racers will adapt to whatever track conditions are available. That's the tuning part of this hobby that makes it interesting to run the same track often trying to find a better setup. Just adds to the challenging mechanical side so there is always something else to experiment with. Those who can tune and drive will run up front. Others will progress and learn this as they go. Hopefully with help from fellow racers that teach them new skills.

If you rather have that hard clay that allows everyone to hookup running slick tires there is nothing wrong with that. It could help you with lower track maintenance and that is a good thing. The downside is changing it will be much more labor intensive as the material is so hard to work with after it takes a set. Other tracks have to soak it for day or two and use Bobcat skid steer to move it. Then takes day or two working it with roller before it smooths out enough to race on. Do whatever is easy for you. IMO, there is no advantage to making it more work, time and money to change out dirt you already have in place. By the way, you always had great dirt in the past with a little moisture. Tires lasted a long time and that keeps racer cost down. That's my $1 worth, inflation and all
Old 01-15-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

The past few years I've been traveling to radioactive raceway in Kentucky to race there track track is a high traction hard packed clay track and the biggest classes of late has been 8scale ebuggy and 4wd 10scale buggy , all short corse classes have died out and has been very few 2wd buggy class

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.