Search

Indoor Offroad track Paragould

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Indoor Offroad track Paragould

We've leased a building that can house a small, technical offroad track for 1/10 scale trucks and buggies.

The track isn't built yet but we're working on a layout now. I tried posting this late last week but never got posted, (said will be posted after approval) maybe it didn't get approved?

Onsite hobby shop (small with cars and parts)

Birthday Parties

Arcade

Practice nights

Affordable Racing

Truck Rentals

Indoor pits with A/C!

and more!

We're hoping to do a nice track that everyone can enjoy. Primarily we're looking at this as a "gateway" track, to help get more folks into the hobby. We'll sell a few cars and parts for those getting serious. The track should suffice for some serious competition as well.

We're actually deciding on the track medium. If anyone has any input on this, please let us know! We're thinking carpet but we've never raced on carpet and have zero knowledge on it. Otherwise, we'll probably just wheel barrel some dirt in! Good ol' fashioned elbow grease!

This will be done with pride and care! I've been in the retail business for many years. This will be adult owned and cared for. A track by the people, for the people! AND WE'RE NICE TO BOOT!!

Also: We know that Bullring has a nice outdoor track in Harrisburg (or towards Harrisburg). We like that track and like the owner. Very nice guy. We're not in this to compete. So our race days, when settled, we will make sure they offset The Bullring's race days.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Dewayne

Any questions, feel free to ask. We'll do our best to answer as quickly as possible.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hope it be a dirt track carpet is for onroad cars, I hope yal come thru and open be nice having to tracks to race at locally and not having to drive to beebe to race what classes are Yall looking at running just 10th scale or maybe some 8scale to wich would be awesome can you give us a date to be open and maybe a location what's size is the track gona. E roughly
Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Classes.

Well we've been talking about it. Since our situation only allows for about 2,200 to 2,600 sq ft of track, I don't know how well 1/8's will do.

We're thinking about focusing on 1/10 buggies and trucks. When we were racing last, SC's weren't popular yet. We were all running stadium stocks and mods. I ran MT for a while too, it seems those aren't popular anymore so that'll be less of a worry.

If this goes well, and it doesn't have to "boom" for it to do so, we're planning on taking about 20 parking spots in front of the building and doing an outdoor track as well. That's the thought anyways. This way we can offer something for people wanting to do MT's and such too.

Opening Dates.

Well, we just started our business account 2 weeks ago and I have to go pick up the debit card today. I'll be shopping for materials and getting pricing this afternoon. I guess the best answer would be, as soon as I can get it built and figured out.

Dewayne
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

just moved to arkansas, once we get setup at home we will be looking for local tracks to race and I see paragould is just right up the road where is the track?
Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Well The Bullring is just south of Jonesboro. Jonesboro is about 25 minutes south of Paragould. Go to RC Hobbies in Jonesboro, he's in a strip mall on Caraway next to Joey Perry's Martial Arts and talk to Zack. Great guy and it's his track down there.

The one we're wanting to do will be beside the old Emerson factory, which is now Nidec. It's an old church building. We'll be inside that.

Dewayne
Old 06-06-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

I heard on campus that an indoor was opening first of year in Jonesboro. Offroad and onroad, hobby shop, costume and gadget shop, slot cars and more. In big Whse.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm up here from Dallas going to ASU and I raced a lot at Mikes's Hobby. 2500 ft sounds a little small. You guys thought about running 1/16 scale? 1/10 will probably be to big for your track.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redwolfrc
I'm up here from Dallas going to ASU and I raced a lot at Mikes's Hobby. 2500 ft sounds a little small. You guys thought about running 1/16 scale? 1/10 will probably be to big for your track.
Ive seen tons smaller tracks running the SCT's and they seem to be having a great time.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

I've ran small tracks and you can only have about 5 to 6 racers at a time racing. The small tracks are usually great for bashing and rough driving. If you like a clean race that is competitive, it takes over 5000 sqft to make a good racing environment. It will be tough to race a small track when there's a big one here in Jonesboro.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

You came up really early didn't you? Or a tad bit late! lol
Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Doing an intern program this summer.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Doing an intern program this summer.
Intern or interim? lol
Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Dude, sorry if I pissed you off. I should have never got on your thread and talked about racing. I now see how much you live for typing on this forum and I am truly sorry that I have offended you. But hey, sewing is still an option. Sorry dude, just kidding!!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dude, sorry if I pissed you off. I should have never got on your thread and talked about racing. I now see how much you live for typing on this forum and I am truly sorry that I have offended you. But hey, sewing is still an option. Sorry dude, just kidding!!

Lol
Old 06-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Where do you race at? I run 1/10 buggy, both 2wd and 4wd. I have only ran a little outdoor stuff. I am die hard 1/10 scale. What are the top classes up here? I'm covered up this summer but hope to race this fall and winter to relieve a little stress from school.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.