Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arkansas / Mississippi RC Scene
Cherry Valley R/C Park - Southaven, Ms. >

Cherry Valley R/C Park - Southaven, Ms.

Cherry Valley R/C Park - Southaven, Ms.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Rookie

I was rereading the rest of the topic and was just wondering what exactly were the limitations we could run in the classes. I planned on buying some ROAR approved batteries incase I ever went anywhere that I had to have them to race but I was wondering how technical it would get. I would like to run my Slash 4x4 Platinum earlier in the season but will most likely be running a Losi SCTE later that will have all ROAR approved electronics and was wondering if there will be any problems running in the open class with the Slash. THanks
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SOuthernFRIED
What up man? How ya been.. Yea we did some paving and some sealing over at Infiniti. We raced a few times after Steve's shutdown, but decided it was just too much to be travelling and racing. We've both missed it and this track looks like just the thing to get us back in. I did live in Cordova, but moved to Olive Branch about 8 months ago. My girlfriend lives in Nesbit so this track lines right up with everybody!

LMAO@closet Ninja's
Originally Posted by GoatBoy
We can't let you guys have ALL the fun!!

Any idea which class is expected to have the biggest turnout? Cus thats where we wanna be to showcase our Samurai skillz

I'm guessing short-course, but what do I know, I'm just a goat with nunchucks!!
Congrats on the move!! I'd like to get outta Shelby County, but my jizzob won't let me. My gal lives in Southaven behind the Autozone on Church Rd, and my kid is at the babysmammas house in Horn Lake. I'd LOVE to come play toy trucks, but looks like no nitro for this season and I've got a Kyosho ST-R hanging in the closet and an XT8 in a box...in the closet with nowhere to run'em.

and.. BEWARE THE GOAT!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

march is just around the corner and i dont see much work done if any at the track, when are you guys planning on working on it, what are the needs? i saw the poster at nitro rc today very cool. Excited to see another track in the midsouth other than seans.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

march is just around the corner and i dont see much work done if any at the track, when are you guys planning on working on it, what are the needs? i saw the poster at nitro rc today very cool. Excited to see another track in the midsouth other than seans.
Well the weather has not been our friend. We were to move dirt the last two weekends and rain and so called rain this weekend has stalled us. We are planning on this coming weekend to get the dirt work done fingers crossed.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

I can see ALOT of work being done to get this going by spring. May be able to get the oval up and ready, but I dont see an offroad track being constructed anytime soon. Been there, done that, its alot of work. Still hoping for the best, I'd love to come out of retirement. Just not alot of action on this thread or at the park.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Regular

Just not alot of action on this thread or at the park.
Well were trying our best we can, Weather just not working with us.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

I know you are Lamar. Let us know if you need anything.
Has anyone addressed track layout? drainpipe? drivers stand? PA system?
Just a few key things that come to mind.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GoatBoy
I know you are Lamar. Let us know if you need anything.
Has anyone addressed track layout? drainpipe? drivers stand? PA system?
Just a few key things that come to mind.
Layout has been addressed already. Were needing some drainage well know more this week, looks like well have to build one driver stand. PA system is took care of. I'm some hog wire around 200' 3 to 4 foot tall
Old 02-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Catch fence for oval?
Old 02-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You will have to have drainpipe to mark the track layout and pit lane on the off-road.. If I recall, the actual running line in ft. x 2.5 is decent ballpark figure of how much you'll need to complete the layout. I think we also found that building the driver stand over the top of race HQ is the most efficient use of material. Also helps to include the race pit area as well under the driver stand.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

where exactly is the track gonna be i am in millington tn
Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Catch fence for oval?
Yes Sir.

You will have to have drainpipe to mark the track layout and pit lane on the off-road.. If I recall, the actual running line in ft. x 2.5 is decent ballpark figure of how much you'll need to complete the layout. I think we also found that building the driver stand over the top of race HQ is the most efficient use of material. Also helps to include the race pit area as well under the driver stand.
You probally right on the pipe. There will be two driver stands. Oval will be builded into the track. the off-road is still under design as we speak were probally going to have the officals hut on top with the drivers so to be able to oversee both tracks. biggest thing is it has to be handicap accessable.

where exactly is the track gonna be i am in millington tn
Track is in Southaven Ms. map
Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

I think a central drivers stand, with oval on one side, offroad on the other would be ideal. Basically, a double sided drivers stand. Kudos for making it handicap accessible. The drivers stand and pipe are the 2 largest expenses.
Is there a water connection on the property?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

BTW....I would consider using your largest asset you have available to you, your DIRT!!! It's FREE!! What is now the current starting gate for the BMX track is more than enough dirt to construct a stand, and gives you a great idea of how it could be handicap accessible. It would surely be cheaper than the initial cost of all the lumber. A large mound with a semi-flat top and slope for access would work well here. I would also reconsider allowing trailers to pit inside the fence, and keep it to pop-up tents, but thats just my .02.

You have more than enough dirt, lets use it to our advantage.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Well were breaking ground tomorrow at 9:30am we'll be working all weekend moving dirt. Bulldozier is on site waiting to go.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.