Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arkansas / Mississippi RC Scene
Thundervalley RC Raceway Indoor Offroad >

Thundervalley RC Raceway Indoor Offroad

Thundervalley RC Raceway Indoor Offroad

Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I have a Short Course Buggy. We have had 2 or 3 show up at one time or another, but can't keep enough to have a class. I'll run mine if enough people start showing up for the class. It is a fun rig to drive and looks cool on the track.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Default First race on new layout

If you like oval this track is for you. Good turnout for first race of summer.

The off road section used all of the oval to include the infield for jumps and bumps. Don't need a lot of power for the off road as you will be sliding the oval and the infield is tight. The off road racing was close and fun.

The Oval Guys were very fast. The track has some bank to it and that seems to help the guys who have throttle control. New pipe took a beating from some of the high speed hits from the 1/8 scale cars. I think it was a fun race to watch as high speed crashes and dirt flying that kept spectators very alert. There should be some video post of the carnage somewhere, but the tough 1/8 scale rigs seem to take a beating and keep going.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wouldn't classify the 1/8 scale late model race as carnage due to the one driver who does not belong in the class and will be racing in a different class that is best for his skill level. I was pleased with the 1/8 oval class and it will probably end up as one of our biggest classes. The wider track with less banking made for some awesome 1/10 scale racing.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Hey guys I am out of Memphis and was thinking about coming over next weekend to race but was wanting to know a few things like.. Is it dirt or clay? Just need to know what kind of tires to bring ? I have 2wd and 4wd sct and 2wd and 4wd buggys ! Just need to know if y'all run dirt tires or clay tires !! What type of transponders system do y'all have and what are the entry fees ?

Any input would be helpful..

Thanks!!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Or if I could get a phone number to someone that would know ?
Old 05-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

I am not the best guy to be asking but, I know for sure they have an AMB lap counting system. Most offroad guys are running something like a holeshot to a goose bump, nothing like a bar code or anything like that I don't think. Hope that helps a little. It's a very nice facility. It would be worth your time and money to come check out TVR. Oh, and entries are $10 per class. I know you mentioned having 4 cars. Not sure if you were wanting to run them all but for me, 2 cars keeps me busy, 3 cars is a much as a guy would want to handle. They usually try to keep the race day flowing and there's not a lot of down time. You will get 3 heats and mains which is nice as well! Come on over, I think the next race date is May 18th!!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Tires

The off road tire choice for this track might be different with this layout. In the past the surface had enough loose dirt for Caliber or Cityblock tires for SCT. It does seem to be easy on tire wear, so soft compounds are good. The track has some loose dirt in places, so I don't think slick or mini pin tires such as pressure points are the best choice. Hope that helps for Off Road.

I don't run oval so other racers will have to speak to that.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Racing this Saturday!!!!

We will be racing Saturday June 8th. There is a new start time!!!!! Track opens at 1:00 and racing starts at 4pm.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Winter Series Plaques

Just wanted to let everyone know who placed in the top 3 in points in the Winter Series that I haven't forgot about the plaques. We had a sponsor setup for this who did not come through for us so I am working with someone else to make those for us. Sorry for the delay but we should have them soon and I'll announce which race day we will present them. Thanks for your patience.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Default Race Day

Race day is finally here. Lets have some fun. I need practice as other race tracks have been mud pits. Hope to see you there.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Summer Series has been cancelled.

I will be updating our Website soon with information about the future of the track. We will be running races in the future but There will be many changes. The biggest one is there will not be anymore offroad. We are going 100% oval and will focus on creating the best oval track around along with many incentives for racers. Thanks to all the offroad guys the past 3 years. Hope to see several of you running oval with us in the future.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Off Road Gone

Man, I hate to hear the Off Road Racing is gone. Always had more off road guys than oval in the past IMO.

Guess I will build one to go along with my sprint project. By the time I get rolling I hope off road comes back as that has always been the driver/mechanics most challenging test of skill sets. Who knows, maybe Oval has gotten harder than it was 20 years ago. I think they still turn left on semi flat ground... LOL
Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

I doubt we bring it back but you never know. Offroad is very tough to keep up due to track maintenance, track rebuilds, turn marshal issues etc. I am a fan of oval and since I do a lot of the track maintenance, it's an easy decision for me. I believe the oval will grow and will be a blast to run. I prefer to do one thing and do it very good. All the oval trucks can be converted to oval and the 2wd buggies.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I thought you had something good before you put in the oval u had a lot more racers ,when the oval was put in that when the racers started falling off
Old 06-13-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jimmy, I appreciate having you down the past few years racing with us and I consider you a good friend but I have a complete different view of everything. We actually added the oval when the entries started decreasing on the offroad. I have received a bunch of calls the last couple of days from racers and they all have their opinion. I will tell you more love the Idea of no offroad than dislike it. So let me just be blunt about it. I've spent the past 3 years trying to make everyone happy by running as many classes as possible, supplying TV's, food, parts, good track, A/C and much more. I got into the hobby to race but ended up just working all the time to try to satisfy the racers. I've funded the building for 3 years when the entries were not enough to pay the bills along with prepped the track, picked up everybodies trash, cleaned the bathroom and so on and so on. All of this has made me start disliking the hobby and disliking several of the racers. It's made me be rude to people that came to the track because I was not enjoying it and I'm sure racers started disliking me. I've had to deal with racers for stealing, throwing cars, cussing at kids while on the drivers stand, and the list goes on. So, as everyone has noticed, I started eliminating things a couple of months ago that were in my way from racing -- concessions, hobby shop, scoring booth, etc and now I've eliminated the offroad so I have removed everything that was causing me to not get to race. I like oval and so does the 4 or 5 guys that are local and show up everytime I open the doors. If it is only me and these 4 or 5 guys, that's fine. If the oval guys want an awesome place to race, then I will have it and we do plan on running some cool events this fall and winter. If racers stop coming, I will have a great place to practice with my oval stuff and I will start traveling a couple of weekends a month to race oval at other tracks. I had a racer call me last night and tell me that the track was doomed since I took away offroad. I explained to him the only thing that was doomed was offroad. I own the track and it is here to stay with or without him or any other racer with that attitude. I've met a lot of great people in R/C especially from the Jonesboro, Memphis and Fort Smith area. Central Arkansas has a few good racers as well. I want to get to know the racers as a racer and not as a track owner. So, I said all that to say this, if you like oval, you will love TVR because it is fixing to be the best oval track around along with a complete different racing program. Dude it is going to be fun!!!!! This will be a track for the racers that want to get serious about some good oval racing and run on a smooth wide indoor oval along with a great pit area with TV's, A/C and anything else we need to make it fun. If we outgrow the current pit area, will build another one. If no one comes, I will watch TV in the pit area with a few friends, Practice and then hit the Chili Bowl Jr, Dallas tracks and anywhere else I can find to run with some good competition.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.