Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arkansas / Mississippi RC Scene
Thundervalley RC Raceway Indoor Offroad >

Thundervalley RC Raceway Indoor Offroad

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thundervalley RC Raceway Indoor Offroad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Glad to see a good turn out for practice on Saturday...track was smooth as a baby's butt!!! Looking forward to turning left quite a bit this winter.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jdwarne
There's lots of info floating around about TVR's past and future. Some is good info and some is bad and some is false. Here's a few questions with answers on some of these topics. I've been asked some of these things, I've had racers (especially One) who has become the spokes person for TVR and gotten false info out to everyone since he doesn't own or operate the track.

Questions/Answers

1) Why did the track close down with 2 races left in the winter series and then close down for most of the summer? Track was completely out of operating funds (Broke) and when the attendance died in March, I had to start making quick changes to restructure the ownership and finances of the building. In short -- I tried to operate it as it's own entity but low entries in the summer months killed the track financially. It is now owned by my business I have all my rental property in and the track has to pay a small rental fee to exist. Basically, I am cashflowing less in another business to pay the note on the building and now renting the space to TVR at a much lower rate so the track doesn't have near the bills.
2) Why wasn't this done sooner? I have a business partner in the business that took over the debt. They had to approve in the merge and be willing to take on the debt. We found a way to make it worth while for our business in rental property long term.
3) Why did the track not award plaques for the winter series? It had zero funds due to low entries the past 12 months. Expenses on the building come first.
4) Will the track do plaques in the future? If racers show up to support the track and money needed to produce them. only difference, we will do monthly series which means more plaques and we won't drag out the series to keep the interest alive.
5) Is it true that John Warner is getting rich off racers and then dumping on them? Yes! Really Guys? This is were I get mad and rude. If you think this is the case, please build an indoor track and that will answer your question. But to answer the question, I've not received a dime owning the track. All money goes to the expenses of the building, taxes, insurance etc. And for the one guy promoting this one -- please build a track and get rich.
6) Why did concessions go away? The volunteers lost interest in racers complaining about what they didn't have and it made on average of $25 profit per night with the people serving it getting nothing for 5 hours manning it. We had to factor going and getting it, waste etc.
7) Why did the small assortment of parts go away (hobby shop)? Theft, tax burden, complaining by racers why we didn't carry something, internet, just a lot of work with no return on the finances of the track.
8) Why did we shrink down the pit area? We average about 22 racers a night who run on average of 2 entries. We had 60 pit spots. We now have 33 pit spots which can handle far more than our average. The most racers we've had is not much more than what our new pit area holds. We have plenty of room outside of the pit area to handle overflow on those 1 or 2 nights per year. This was done primarily to supplement some of the expenses by using the other part of the building for something else to generate income that the track was not.
9) Do you like running a track? I hate it. I want to race so the track is now run by a bunch of us and it's great.
10) Why did you do away with the offroad? too much work for me, low track entries, and I like oval along with those who would volunteer their time to help with the track so I can get rich. Scratch that last part, just repeating what this one guy has said to hate on me and the track.
11) Why has John Warner become grumpy and hateful to racers, atleast some of us? All the above. He got sick of all the work with no play. He was spending money to keep it afloat that he would prefer to use to keep his family afloat. The #1 reason is, it would only take one racer griping to set the mood for the rest of the night since I had been at the track since 7 in the morning to insure everyone had a place to race and then sit in the booth and watch everyone race while my stuff set on the shelf collecting dust.
12) What's the future of the track? It's back stronger than ever. We have made huge changes but we will have one of the best oval tracks around with some of the fastest racers around along with new people to keep it alive.
13) Is it true that you would ask someone to leave and possibly ban them from the track if they threw a car out of anger, cussed at a kid from the drivers stand or acted in a inappropriate fashion? YES, wouldn't you if they acted like that in your home. This is on my property and I have people that find this very unwelcoming. I've always believed in losing the problem, not have the problem stick around and run off the good people.
14) What did you do with all of your new black pipe and spikes that you had at the track for a new offroad track outdoors? I contacted Ross Pilgreen who is revamping Otto's track for a winter offroad series and donated to them so there is still a good offroad track to run on and to support the hobby.

Hopefully that will answer some of the questions or atleast clarify what the true answer is for those who have run into this one guy and maybe a couple of others that have volunteered their services as the spokes person. I look forward to the changes and if you ever have a good idea for the track and would like to be part of the solution, please give me a call. Part of the solution means jumping in a helping out, not just generating ideas. We have a great group of racers that work hard to make this thing work, jump in and make it even better. We also believe in helping any track in the state make their racing better.

See you on the drivers stand,
John Warner
Racer at TVR (owner)
Wow again. Sorry to hear/read this. Anything I can do to help, just ask.

Mr. JD you said it well....

Hope to race with yall soon.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Tc3 class? 4wd class?

I'll run my mini against 10th scale like last time and you don't even have to give me a trophy, I'll pay double entry also. I woulda won it if hadn't shane haven't throw me out.
Old 03-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Everyone watch out for this Driftmaster fella.

Originally Posted by driftmaster
Tc3 class? 4wd class?

I'll run my mini against 10th scale like last time and you don't even have to give me a trophy, I'll pay double entry also. I woulda won it if hadn't shane haven't throw me out.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Whatever happened to this place? Is it still open?