Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OttoKrosse

Phoenix Area On Road Racing

Old 09-10-2017, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default Phoenix Area On Road Racing

Hello, all I just moved from the S.W. Chicago Suburbs to Gilbert 4 weeks ago. I have already discovered Hobby Acttion in Chandler, but is there any onroad racing in the area? At current, I have an Xray X1-17 set up for carpet, and an 1/18 TC that can compete with most spec and stock 1/10 scale cars. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We race at a local parking lot on Main St in Mesa at a place called Straightline Suspension, just west of Gilbert Rd, currently on Saturday nights.

Due to a big race in California we won't be racing there next weekend, and a light schedule the week after due to another big race in CA.

Not too many F1 cars are currently running due to the smaller turn out during our summer heat. We will be racing during the day in about another 6 weeks or so, no firm date has been set yet.

To see more details about our group go to facebook and search for Arizona Scale Racers.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
We race at a local parking lot on Main St in Mesa at a place called Straightline Suspension, just west of Gilbert Rd, currently on Saturday nights.

Due to a big race in California we won't be racing there next weekend, and a light schedule the week after due to another big race in CA.

Not too many F1 cars are currently running due to the smaller turn out during our summer heat. We will be racing during the day in about another 6 weeks or so, no firm date has been set yet.

To see more details about our group go to facebook and search for Arizona Scale Racers.
Thanks for the info. When you do race F1, 21.5 or 25.5?
Old 09-11-2017, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)

It's a drive, but Tucson just got an asphalt track, dedicated on-road course starting open practices this Wednesday and first race program to run this Saturday.. Check out the HobbyTown Tucson FB page -
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1mrdad View Post
Thanks for the info. When you do race F1, 21.5 or 25.5?
F1 is 21.5 here, there are a few cars locally but all I see is talk from most, there is 1 guy that trying to stir interest and a few guys that have new cars but have yet to bring them out.

The Tucson track will be a smoother surface to run on but the major downside is having to buy your tires from their shop or you don't race there......and they've chosen to run on the same day as ASR which will definitely reduce the turnout.

Tucson also runs their off-road and on-road on the same day so there is a lot of down time between heats and the races aren't over until late at night.....making for a very late return to the Phx area.
Coke in a can likes this.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
F1 is 21.5 here, there are a few cars locally but all I see is talk from most, there is 1 guy that trying to stir interest and a few guys that have new cars but have yet to bring them out.

The Tucson track will be a smoother surface to run on but the major downside is having to buy your tires from their shop or you don't race there......and they've chosen to run on the same day as ASR which will definitely reduce the turnout.

Tucson also runs their off-road and on-road on the same day so there is a lot of down time between heats and the races aren't over until late at night.....making for a very late return to the Phx area.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not willing to drive that far (Tucson).

I'll come and check out ASR the next time you race. Does ASR ever have practice sessions?

I haven't raced in 18 months, and I had just built the F1 car for a new indoor carpet track, when I broke my leg. So other than 2 practice sessions, the car hasn't been driven. LOL
Old 09-11-2017, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 1mrdad View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm not willing to drive that far (Tucson).

I'll come and check out ASR the next time you race. Does ASR ever have practice sessions?

I haven't raced in 18 months, and I had just built the F1 car for a new indoor carpet track, when I broke my leg. So other than 2 practice sessions, the car hasn't been driven. LOL
Asr is a temporary parking lot track, the owners have an arrangement with the owner of Straight Line to use his parking lot. So as it is not a dedicated track practice is not possible. Practice is available prior to racing and on the Saturdays when not enough racers showup to have racing. Just my .02, if you're not open to traveling to Tucson then I'd recommend selling that f1 and buy a TC. TC is the only class that is run consistently at asr.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Carpet track

All of us on road guys need to get together and do this. Works great in Denver for those guys. I have a building we can get its 12000 sq ft plenty big 1000 a month. Do like Denver does just a thought
Old 09-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Kloeber View Post
All of us on road guys need to get together and do this. Works great in Denver for those guys. I have a building we can get its 12000 sq ft plenty big 1000 a month. Do like Denver does just a thought
I'm in. where is your building?
Old 09-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jack Kloeber View Post
I'm in. How many interested people do we have?
Old 09-18-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
I'm in. How many interested people do we have?
Bring this idea to the track and ask on a night when we are racing, most ASR drivers do not come to RC Tech to read this forum.

Might be a good idea to do this on Sept 30th since a group of racers are going to SoCal for the Nissan Cup race on the 24th, so the turnout for the next race is going to be light.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

depending on where the building is all 3 Banta's could be easily convinced to invest.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nissan man View Post
depending on where the building is all 3 Banta's could be easily convinced to invest.
Three Banta's is called a Banti.