Hobby Shop Recommendation

Old 12-01-2016, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hobby Shop Recommendation

Hey All,
I'm having a pretty uncommon problem (see this thread; the part about starting the engine) with a pretty uncommon car (Kyosho Spada 09) and an even less common engine (Sirio .09). Sirio's relationship with Kyosho has been severed, and it is next to impossible to find parts or support for these engines. Just gathering the parts necessary to prepare for the conversion to the 'Handy Start' system was no small effort. Everything has had to come straight from Japan - Kyosho America never imported the Spada in the first place, so they arenít able to provide much help.

At first glance, it looks like there isnít enough room in between the engine & the transmission/belt drive to add the necessary parts. The starting system is designed for this car, so Iím sure it can fit.

Because the parts are so rare & Iím still a total rookie when it comes to nitro engines, Iíve decided it would be best to seek help from someone with more experience so I can make sure it's done right.

It's been a long saga, but the bottom line is that every shop I've tried so far has refused to work on it, offering a variety of excuses as to why. Since moving back to the valley, the closest shop near me has closed down (noticing a lot of that going around - especially ones with tracks unfortunately).

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone in here could recommend a shop reasonably close to South Scottsdale where I might find an experienced technician brave enough to make an attempt.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hobby Action on Guadalupe and Rural is a fantastic Hobby Shop and they are very helpful. If they don't have the parts, they can order them and get them quickly.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Spada Repair

Thanks glennhl, I was actually planning on heading down there this weekend.