New to Arizona.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New to Arizona.

I'm new to Tucson and am trying to get involved in the RC racing around the state. If anyone would like to meet up and hit a track sometime let me know. Thanks
Old 12-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

If your interested in on-road there are 3 or 4 guys from Tucson that run with us here in Mesa.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you have a facebook account, look up East Valley Onroad Racers and ask to join the group.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is there anyone playing w/ rc stuff down in the Sierra Vista area?
Old 12-24-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
If you have a facebook account, look up East Valley Onroad Racers and ask to join the group.
All I have are sct's but have been thinking about getting a drifter. Maybe I'll join that club and do that one too
Old 12-24-2015, 06:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
If your interested in on-road there are 3 or 4 guys from Tucson that run with us here in Mesa.
Thanks, when I get one I'll hit you and meet up with you guys.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nick3113 View Post
I'm new to Tucson and am trying to get involved in the RC racing around the state. If anyone would like to meet up and hit a track sometime let me know. Thanks
The only track here in Tucson is at Hobby Town on Speedway. Racing starts at 7pm on Wed. And 2pm on Sat. Practice starts at 5pm and noon respectively. There is an off road track and a dirt oval.

Tracks are outdoor. For off road there is a pretty good turn out for both stock and mod 2WD buggy. Stock and mod SC. 4WD Buggy, and 8th scale nitro and electric. There is also a pretty good novic turn out as well.

On the oval there is usually a good late model and sprint car turn out.

It's a pretty good crowd that shows up.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Riverbluff View Post
The only track here in Tucson is at Hobby Town on Speedway. Racing starts at 7pm on Wed. And 2pm on Sat. Practice starts at 5pm and noon respectively. There is an off road track and a dirt oval.

Tracks are outdoor. For off road there is a pretty good turn out for both stock and mod 2WD buggy. Stock and mod SC. 4WD Buggy, and 8th scale nitro and electric. There is also a pretty good novic turn out as well.

On the oval there is usually a good late model and sprint car turn out.

It's a pretty good crowd that shows up.
Is there some kind of purse for the winners of each class or is it just all in fun?
Old 12-24-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

They give out Hobby Bucks after the race (basically in store credit) based on where you finish.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Initiate

They give out Hobby Bucks after the race (basically in store credit) based on where you finish.
That's just as good as cash. More then likely end up spending it there anyways. What do you race?
Old 12-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

I normally run 17.5 stock buggy and Mod Short Course truck. Will be adding a 4WD buggy soon. For buggy I run Schumacher and for truck I run associated (because Schumacher doesn't have a truck)

The Hobby Town store carries a good selection of Losi and Associated kits and parts.

They just got a new timing system so I am not sure about all the different transponders it supports, but I do know the MyLaps hybrid (2 wire) works
Old 12-25-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

I normally run 17.5 stock buggy and Mod Short Course truck. Will be adding a 4WD buggy soon. For buggy I run Schumacher and for truck I run associated (because Schumacher doesn't have a truck)

The Hobby Town store carries a good selection of Losi and Associated kits and parts.

They just got a new timing system so I am not sure about all the different transponders it supports, but I do know the MyLaps hybrid (2 wire) works
Nice, I have an sc10 2wd that I want to start with but I also have a sc10 4x4 that I want to run when I get comfortable and a bit better and I have a slash 4x4 that I'm building but I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it when it's done. I have enjoyed associated very much, I like the options that you can do with slashes but it seems like they are better to put on a shelf or run on occasion from what I've heard/read. I'll post pictures later of my trucks.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Nice, I have an sc10 2wd that I want to start with but I also have a sc10 4x4 that I want to run when I get comfortable and a bit better and I have a slash 4x4 that I'm building but I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it when it's done. I have enjoyed associated very much, I like the options that you can do with slashes but it seems like they are better to put on a shelf or run on occasion from what I've heard/read. I'll post pictures later of my trucks.
Several guys are still running the SC10, it is still a competitive truck. The Slash is ok, but the SC10 is a better platform for racing. Plenty of parts still available for it.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Several guys are still running the SC10, it is still a competitive truck. The Slash is ok, but the SC10 is a better platform for racing. Plenty of parts still available for it.
The very first truck I build was a 2wd slash. It was so nice, I built it from the ground up with an LCG chassis and it had all STRC parts, Avid ceramic bearings, I loved that thing but was forced to sell it, if I could find I would do anything I could to buy it back. I really like both 2wd and 4wd sc10, and can't wait to learn how to effiecently run them on a track, I just can't seem to find as many upgrade options as I could for the sc.
Old 12-25-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

The very first truck I build was a 2wd slash. It was so nice, I built it from the ground up with an LCG chassis and it had all STRC parts, Avid ceramic bearings, I loved that thing but was forced to sell it, if I could find I would do anything I could to buy it back. I really like both 2wd and 4wd sc10, and can't wait to learn how to effiecently run them on a track, I just can't seem to find as many upgrade options as I could for the sc.
Main because the SC10 is a race truck from the start. Upgrades for it are normally aimed at weight saving, drive shaft/transmission, and shock/suspension change. There is also a fair amount of Factory Team "blue bling" you can add. These are normally durability and adjustability type options. A lot of the options for the slash, especially from Pro Line were to make the Slash more of a race platform.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service