Like Tree4Likes

Arizona Scale Racers club

Old 11-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

What a great day of racing! Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out yesterday, 77 entries and 17 heats awesome.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
What a great day of racing! Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out yesterday, 77 entries and 17 heats awesome.
Chris you got some recommendations on side, front springs and tires for 12th scale. think you mentioned 100 for the rollout too.

Jake
Old 11-17-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Jake, sorry but I was busy with club things the past two weekends and did not turn a lap either week. With some of the racers in CA for the Nissan race I should be able to get in some test laps this weekend. As for the rollout 98 to 100 should be a good spot. I'm also recomending a taller tire than I would run on carpet, around 46mm or so (rear tire), a taller sidewall gives better grip on asphalt in my experience.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Should be a beautiful AZ day for outdoor racing tomorrow!
Old 11-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Another great day of racing. Thanks to everyone that helps setup, tear down and keep things running each week. Loving the new track! And big thanks to Todd running the races and keeping things flowing all day.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dizzy1 View Post
Another great day of racing. Thanks to everyone that helps setup, tear down and keep things running each week. Loving the new track! And big thanks to Todd running the races and keeping things flowing all day.
Another great day of racing, slightly smaller turnout of 66 entries as several of the AZ racers were in CA for the races there. This weekend should be awsome as we expect to have 12th scales on the track for the first time racing. Rumors are 6 or more out this weekend so if your in town stop on by and watch or bring your cars out and join in.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Another great day of racing, slightly smaller turnout of 66 entries as several of the AZ racers were in CA for the races there. This weekend should be awsome as we expect to have 12th scales on the track for the first time racing. Rumors are 6 or more out this weekend so if your in town stop on by and watch or bring your cars out and join in.
How has the turn out been for the wgt class been. are they still using foams?
Old 11-24-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tbamsey View Post
How has the turn out been for the wgt class been. are they still using foams?

So far I'm the only one, but things are just getting started and getting better and smoother each time so I'm sure that in time we'll see WGT on the track again. I'm not aware of anyone that has bought or tried the CRC rubber WGT tires here, personaly I am not really all that interested in them myself. I prefer foams and my car is a blast on this big track; however if a group showed interest in running the rubber I would consider it.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

When I get back to AZ I will surely be bringing out the WGT. I am going to order the rubber tires for the MHIC but am sure that I will prefer proper tires for the class (foam).
Old 11-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So far I'm the only one, but things are just getting started and getting better and smoother each time so I'm sure that in time we'll see WGT on the track again. I'm not aware of anyone that has bought or tried the CRC rubber WGT tires here, personaly I am not really all that interested in them myself. I prefer foams and my car is a blast on this big track; however if a group showed interest in running the rubber I would consider it.
Thanks for the info will wait till new year and see how it goes
Old 11-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I know Tim has been trying the CRC rubber on his pan car and it seems to have a lot of traction. Might work on WGT.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
When I get back to AZ I will surely be bringing out the WGT. I am going to order the rubber tires for the MHIC but am sure that I will prefer proper tires for the class (foam).
We'll hold a pit space open for you.

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
I know Tim has been trying the CRC rubber on his pan car and it seems to have a lot of traction. Might work on WGT.
I'm sure they will work ok and I get that some racers would perfer not to deal with the ride height changes of foam over the rubber tire. I'm just old school and working with foams is normal to me. But whichever foam or rubber it will be nice to see them on the track again.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

No rush, I'm stuck in Hawaii until Dec 19th.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I posted on Facebook an Idea that I'm trying to float. That is to have a standard set of races for the popular classes like TC and Spec GT but have a rotation of the less popular classes like 1/12 , F1, WTG so that the folks that have those cars can all be on a schedule to run them monthly.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well we had 70 entries this last Saturday. All the heats and mains are posted on east valley page and Phoenix onroad page on Facebook.

We had 8 1/12 scales. A lot of fun! Hobby Action will have BSR tires in stock this week. We will have 1/12 this Saturday too.

If you guys want to run a class. Get together on here and Facebook and get a group to come out. I think 1/12 is going to be regular class with decent turnouts.

Thanks to everyone who has come out to support ASR.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service