Unofficial SRS On-Road Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Post Unofficial SRS On-Road Thread

This thread is to discuss On-road events at SRS in North Phoenix. I will update this thread as I get more details or things change.

Race Day: Saturday (weekly)
Start Time: 6 pm
Doors Open: Around 3 pm

Classes:
17.5 stock 1/12 scale (1S Lipo)
Stock Touring Car (17.5 Motor) (Foam Tire)

Entry Fee: $8 per class (Unless otherwise noted)

Hoping to see this program grow. Thanks for your time

Last edited by nissan man; 07-03-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Updating information
Old 05-31-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Setup Reccomendations

1/12th Scale Recommended Tires:
Rear: BSR Blue or CRC Blu
Front: BSR 2X Blue, Purple, Double Pink, Magenta (depending on how much steering you need)

Next Event:
Click Here

Last edited by nissan man; 07-03-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

FYI:
I know several folks that would attend if held on Sunday. But they'll stick with Hobbytown Gilbert for Saturday.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

you gilbert boys should try to come over here at least once a month, is that to much to ask?
Old 05-31-2015, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

Originally Posted by alan h View Post
you gilbert boys should try to come over here at least once a month, is that to much to ask?
Most of the Gilbert racers have tried SRS at one time or another and I'm sure those who liked it will/have gone again; those who did'nt may not. Of course Adam could run his program on Sunday which would be a win/win for all the racers, not just the Phx area but the state. But it seems that is too much to ask also.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alan h View Post
In short YES!

Try running it in the parking lot out front and you'll have my attention, and that of many others, the current track is too small, slippery and inconsistent for me to take it seriously.

Secondly, if you have to come here to promote their track they are not interested enough to make it succeed (no offense intended). Nobody from there posts here or on any other forum and their facebook page is vacant of any activity generated by them. At least that was my impression during my last visit to their FB page and their own website.

They make it real hard to support them when they don't seem to want to support themselves.

Their scheduling sucks too, trying to compete for racers is no way to build a strong community of racers, just ask the guys that run off-road about the glut of competing off-road tracks.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If any of you are looking for a touring car I have a DETC410 for sale. I currently have two and only need one. Works great on low traction tracks. Asking $220.00 as a roller.

BTW - Sean told me the traction at the SRS track was good when he went last week. I've never been there, but would be cool to see it grow.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One thing that occurred to me that SRS might want to try is using regular sugar water instead of corn-syrup sweetened soda for traction. I think the sugar would tend to crystallize and give some texture to the track while the corn syrup may be more gooey.

Just a thought.
Old 06-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
....would be cool to see it grow.
Agreed, just hope they reconsider their current approach to their marketing and scheduling. I could learn to live with the smaller track, it's the scheduling that sucks.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

It's funny how everyone says run on sunday. But you all know if you race at gilbert Saturday night. Getting done at 12 or so you won't get up and go to srs on sunday.
Track isn't that small.
I haven't been since first Saturday night race. Traction wasn't great but not bad either.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Nissan Man started this page for discussing events at SRS that people want to attend.

It wasnt started so you all could argue about coming here or not or what the track conditions are like. Can you keep it that way.

I have alot of opinions about this track good and bad but i will leave them to the other page. Can you guys please do the same.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bubonic-X: A lot of us would love to race there but not on Saturday. It's important that SRS know that. If you want to live with your head in the sand so be it.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Scott, the goal around SRS is to build a separate program that will cater to the west side of the valley or those who are interested in a more structured environment. SRS is not planning on being a run what you brung, have 30+ heats, etc... we are working on a traditional class structure with 6 or so classes. The current Hobbytown model works for some but not others. SRS is just another option for those who are not satisfied with the current Hobbytown situation and those who don't want to drive to Gilbert. In any way shape or form, those who race on Saturday night at Gilbert will not be showing up at SRS on Sunday morning anyway so the discussion is moot. That being said it looks like we are building a 1/12 scale program at SRS which is well support. We would welcome or attendance Scott.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Be there Saturday night with my tc. 1/12 has been ordered too.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

I wont be there this Saturday as i will be up north, but maybe next weekend (Le Mans Party maybe) and defiantly the weekend after as long as nothing comes up.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service