Unofficial SRS On-Road Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks like SRS has a mini series tomorrow with 8 classes listed for onroad. Thought I might stop by and watch. Looks like I can't post links yet, but you can check it out on their facebook page.

I did go ahead and buy a sc truck kit though. Should be fun. And both indoor tracks are just a short drive for me.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

feel free to stop by but it will be a small crowd. the program is in its infancy and i know myself and a few others will not be there because we are making a trip to California. But the series races will start soon after this weekend.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default SRS

Raced SRS last night. Turnout was low but the facility and track were pretty good. Traction was not a problem, had to dial steering out of the car because it had more grip than we normally have in Gilbert. Had 1 spot on the back side of the track coming around the far column that was a little slick but if you rolled the car in the car would stick. Lap times were similar to Gilbert, I ran 32s in 17.5 TC in the first 2 rounds without saucing tires, for the main I sauced and ran 34 laps. Tires were old 36 sorex. I have to admit, when I saw the track and the columns in the middle I thought it would be terrible. The surface looked terrible with soda over bird poop. After running a few laps, I was shocked with the grip the car had and how little the columns affected my driving. After talking to Corey who prepped the track, he said he would have had a better track for us is he had known earlier in the week we would be racing. The pits are awesome, loved having an indoor pit area with power readily available. Racing was $8 for the first class and $5 for each additional. Payout was $9, $5, $2, $1 in SRS hobby bucks. Only oval class ran was mini oval, oval was good with long corners.

The bad, turnout was low and the track was not very forgiving. This is not Hobbytown Gilbert, like most of you I will miss the Fry's parking lot racing with Todd. Hobbytown Gilbert was the only place I have ever raced and I had no intentions of racing anywhere else. Thank you Todd for all you have done for the local racers and the sacrifices you made.

I will not be out next weekend but plan on racing the following. Hopefully turnout will increase and people will give it a chance.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I went in hating it but changed my mind loved the indoor pits track was 75% there, poles didnt effect nothing staff awesome the off-road guys were the best they were a great group to talk too and hang out with all night they let us try out off-road. Hooked on that going up probably next week and getting all new buggy gonna try it this winter and see.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How many people showed up for the Saturday night program?
Old 10-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
How many people showed up for the Saturday night program?
Not sure didnt go showed up Sunday watched racing talked to a few of the offroad guys. That old automotive area on the side of building would make a nice spot for asphalt racing
Old 10-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

My dad and I showed up so we had 4 of 1/12 scale, there were 3 for touring car, 2 vta, and 2 classes for some lame SC truck stuff for some reason. I am for sticking to real on road classes rather than "run what you brung" stuff. I would prefer if they left the dirt cars on the dirt. other than that, i figured out the setup for the main and the car felt good, just had to stay on the racing line which was tough near the end of the race.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbamsey View Post
Not sure didnt go showed up Sunday watched racing talked to a few of the offroad guys. That old automotive area on the side of building would make a nice spot for asphalt racing
I like that idea! When the weather is cool, run outside.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Planning to run the 1/12 scale car on Saturday. Anyone else want to join in the fun?
Old 10-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZ Wolfie View Post
Planning to run the 1/12 scale car on Saturday. Anyone else want to join in the fun?
Ill be there with my 12th. Only thing not sure of is sidesprings and front springs
Old 10-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a race this weekend and if there is what time? I want to get a 12R5.2 and want to check things out, I have raced pan cars along time ago when you geared for a 4min race
Old 10-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AzRon View Post
Is there a race this weekend and if there is what time? I want to get a 12R5.2 and want to check things out, I have raced pan cars along time ago when you geared for a 4min race

AZron, we will do 6 to 8 minutes and if Adam has his way, 15 minute mains. I know my brother and i were there last week with our 1/12 scales, but we are taking this week off. since AZ 1/12 is not going to strong we are looking at moving from 1S to 2S packs. if you like PM me your contact info and we will be in touch. BTW i run an R5.2 and still working on tuning it in. we can talk setups later if you like.

David

Last edited by nissan man; 10-28-2015 at 08:41 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 06-29-2016, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

As far as i know it is dead, there was not enough interest in racing there.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i talked to Adam about a month ago when he raced at Tucson HT, he was looking into leveling the garden department and closing it in with a roof, carpeting the area for onroad racing.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Nice, but not holding my breath.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service