Hobbytown Gilbert

Old 04-07-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Hobbytown Gilbert

Just wanted to start a thread for Hobbytown Gilbert, we currently race every Saturday at 10am but will be changing to 5pm start times in May. The great thing about Hobbytown Gilbert is that no matter what car you have or what experience level you are at there will be a class for you. We race on a sugared parking lot surface, oval and road course.
If you are just getting started in RC or want to get started please come out and ask for me (Don) or Todd and we will help you get setup with your own car or a loaner car. The loaner car program is new and was created to provide cars for kids that other wise could not race, allow people who are thinking about getting into the sport an opportunity to try it first, and allow anyone the opportunity to try a different car than they currently have.
Hope to see you out there.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for posting Don, i was out there with my F1 and 1/12 scale on Saturday. Always a good time. . just wish there was more of us.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nissan man View Post
Thanks for posting Don, i was out there with my F1 and 1/12 scale on Saturday. Always a good time. . just wish there was more of us.
there should be more f1 coming mike s got his done and i am waiting on the crc one if they ever get it done.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Gilbert.

If we end up with enough people and run on Saturday you know I'll buy one. Love to race anything competitive.
I wanted to post a Hobbytown Gilbert thread on here to let everyone that has never been out, what a great group of people we have attend every week. By far the biggest weekly turnout of any track in the valley. Any electric vehicle you have, Hobbytown Gilbert has a class for you to run it in. And like my post above says, if you don't have a car and want to try racing, come out, pay the $5 race fee and we have cars you can borrow. If your a first time racer and see this post, ask for me (Don) and I'll even pay for your first race.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Default Race day

Come out tomorrow and race with us. If you need a loaner come see me.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

well, it looks like i have an extra 1/12 scale. for those who want to try it let me know. Just ask Todd about me and he can point you in my direction.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crowbo74 View Post
If we end up with enough people and run on Saturday you know I'll buy one. Love to race anything competitive.
I wanted to post a Hobbytown Gilbert thread on here to let everyone that has never been out, what a great group of people we have attend every week. By far the biggest weekly turnout of any track in the valley. Any electric vehicle you have, Hobbytown Gilbert has a class for you to run it in. And like my post above says, if you don't have a car and want to try racing, come out, pay the $5 race fee and we have cars you can borrow. If your a first time racer and see this post, ask for me (Don) and I'll even pay for your first race.
Interesting, are you sure about that?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

If anyone needs an awesome 1/12 there is one for sale in the swap meet
Old 04-27-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Newspaper article

Nice article in Sunday's newspaper.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Default Saturday racing

This Saturday races will start at 3pm. Hope to see you out there. Remember, we have loaner cars that you can race if you don't have a car of your own.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Crowbo74 View Post
This Saturday races will start at 3pm. Hope to see you out there. Remember, we have loaner cars that you can race if you don't have a car of your own.

Ran the oval races on Thursday nights a few times but now I will be running the road course. Will be getting there a little after 5PM to run my TC 6.2 for the first time on a track. Can I sign up that late?

With this being the first time running a road course in over 25 years what class or skill level should I sign up for? I don't want to be a rolling chicane or a beginners outside guard rail.

One thing is for sure....I will be open to suggestions on car prep, the TC 6.2 is nothing like the 12th scale electrics from the mid-80s.

Thanks.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

I am thinking about heading out there tomorrow Don. What types of road course loaner cars do you have? Currently i have a Traxxas Slash but ive only run it on dirt...
Old 05-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Saturday

Otto, you will need to run the sportsman class and see Todd for setup help. If you started with the box setup you should be ok for now. Just keep it slow and work on consistency.

Tlee, I will not be out this weekend but the store has the loaners. The only road course I have is a losi 22 buggy for 17.5 buggy road. If you see Todd he sometimes loans out his vintage. If not, come out next weekend and I'll let you try out my vintage.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

Update Crowbo, I was SLOW but built a little consistency, it shows that I've taken 25 years off.

All things considered my first night on the track with the 6.2 was a little better than I expected. Gotta figure out the timing for hitting the apexes and what the car will do, after that I need to find some speed.

Gearing is stock 87t mated to a 22t pinion, lipo 9000ma/60c, motor is Reedy Mach 2 17.5, ESC is Hobbywing V3.1. Did NOT have my sensor wire plugged in at the start of the evening, didn't notice a big change after plugging it in. Could I have damaged the motor or ESC by running without the sensor wire?
Old 05-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Saturday

Sounds like a descent return. You are WAY OFF on your gearing. The sensor wire being off won't cause a problem. Are you coming out Saturday? I can help you get your gearing right and you'll see a big difference in speed.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service