Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
The statues of R/C racing in Arizona >

The statues of R/C racing in Arizona

The statues of R/C racing in Arizona

Old 02-06-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Default The statues of R/C racing in Arizona

You know I grew up in AZ and just moved back after retiring from the service and I知 amazed how big the hobby is here in the state, but astonished on how few tracks there are to support the racers.

Over the last month I have been following the forums and Facebook accounts for W3, Fear Farm, Hobby Town Gilbert and Tucson and seeing 100 plus entries for each, which makes for long race days.

I come from a small track in central TX that primarily is an oval track, and would love to see dirt oval here in PHX. I知 sure with the hundreds of racers here in the valley there would be enough of use to support an oval track. IDK an oval track that would have three to four classes and maybe even have the infield used as a 1/10 scale off road course for three or four more classes would succeed in the valley of the sun and not hurt any other track IMHO.
But where? West Valley has W3 and Fear Farm both has the room for an oval, and even though HT Gilbert runs oval they are asphalt. Maybe something in the middle, or convince the west side to throw one in? Either way I hope to see you all out on the track, no matter what I run I知 going to have fun doing it.

Just some rambling thoughts from a new bee here in AZ.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

W3 is building an oval.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:26 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

Where can I get RC Statues?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:39 AM
itr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

there is an oval track at srs but as soon as they move that will be gone the only dirt oval in the state right now is the one here in tucson, w3 is supposed to be putting one in but the date to be finished is unknown
Old 02-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itr View Post
there is an oval track at srs but as soon as they move that will be gone the only dirt oval in the state right now is the one here in tucson, w3 is supposed to be putting one in but the date to be finished is unknown
When is the last oval race they had?.......Have they had an oval race there in the last 6 months?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Ya I have heard since October that W3 is putting in one, and I think their patio would be a great place for a nice 100x60 banked oval.

As for the statues the supply does not meet the demand.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:59 PM
itr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lance Tanner View Post
When is the last oval race they had?.......Have they had an oval race there in the last 6 months?
dont know the last time they had an oval race at srs as i dont live in phoenix
Old 02-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aznewcastle View Post
W3 is building an oval.
Lmao
Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you're going to put up statues of Arizona R/C racing, you might want to start with this guy:

Old 02-08-2014, 06:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7 View Post
If you're going to put up statues of Arizona R/C racing, you might want to start with this guy:

Ok I値l bit..
Old 02-08-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
Ok I値l bit..
Statues: a sculpture representing one or more people or animals (including abstract concepts allegorically represented as people or animals),

Bite: to seize especially with teeth or jaws so as to enter, grip, or wound

Bit: Past tense of above. (Example: He bit me!)
Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
You know I grew up in AZ and just moved back after retiring from the service and I知 amazed how big the hobby is here in the state, but astonished on how few tracks there are to support the racers.

Over the last month I have been following the forums and Facebook accounts for W3, Fear Farm, Hobby Town Gilbert and Tucson and seeing 100 plus entries for each, which makes for long race days.

I come from a small track in central TX that primarily is an oval track, and would love to see dirt oval here in PHX. I知 sure with the hundreds of racers here in the valley there would be enough of use to support an oval track. IDK an oval track that would have three to four classes and maybe even have the infield used as a 1/10 scale off road course for three or four more classes would succeed in the valley of the sun and not hurt any other track IMHO.
But where? West Valley has W3 and Fear Farm both has the room for an oval, and even though HT Gilbert runs oval they are asphalt. Maybe something in the middle, or convince the west side to throw one in? Either way I hope to see you all out on the track, no matter what I run I知 going to have fun doing it.

Just some rambling thoughts from a new bee here in AZ.
As your new here I think that you dont have as good a grip on the racing landscape as you think. In the past yr or so three tracks have closed up, so it would seem that demand was not enough for the supply. As to the car counts you noted (100 plus) I suggest that you do some simple math and it will become clear very quickly why a track needs 100+ car counts to have any chance of staying alive. But in all fairness if you really think that your correct then I suggest you put together a business plan, get a loan, and open up a track of your own. It's the american way to see an opportunity and turn that into profits so go for it.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Glitch put in an oval before they closed and nobody showed up.

SRS built an oval, twice. Most they ever got on club nights was 2 heats.

The effort has been made, and very few people showed up to race. 3 or 4 hardcore guys would show (no offense to them, you guys were always there) but that was it. Just FYI so you know the recent history of oval here.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok maybe I should do a better job of spell check lol

And I admit that I really do not know the real reason it takes 100 entries to maintain a track in this town or why Oval has failed in the past. All I really know is I love being back in the valley, I miss Oval racing already, and I really do not like spending eight hours at a track for two heats and a main. As for opening up a Hobby shop no thank you my best friend owns one and he works six days a week and has not been on vacation in ten years.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There used to be an oval track on 35th Ave and Osborn that drew a pretty good crowd.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service