Arizona 12th scale only baby!!

Old 02-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Place to Race

I agree that indoors on carpet is best.

For now I am still planning on having a track test at my house on Sunday March 2nd.

If we get a better offer great, I can change my plans. I will bring my boards and dots where ever if it will help.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd love to see carpet racing get started again. Put me down for helping out with the carpet.

Is the carpet track in Yuma still running?

Right now I have my car stripped down but it's time to put the outdoor car back together.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
I'd love to see carpet racing get started again. Put me down for helping out with the carpet.

Is the carpet track in Yuma still running?

Right now I have my car stripped down but it's time to put the outdoor car back together.
Yes the track in Yuma is still runing and I'm down for a trip to check it out, it does look smallish from the pics but hey we had fun at Speed Sports and it was small. Anyway I'll see those who can make it tomorrow, stop by and say hi if you can J.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Didnt 1/12 start in basements durning the snowy season? We don't need a large track for 1/12, yes it's more fun on a large track bit we can run om a small one.

I'm not rollin' like Evan & Jason when it comes to $$ but I'll throw in a couple of $$ to help with getting carpet.

E
Old 02-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, the wait at HT between races isn't the greatest. Race in some other classes to make the time go faster. I'm just saying it has worked for 20+ years, so go and just have fun. Everyone is talking about spending money to start another track, why not use the money and get a car to race in another class at HT. We have all seen tracks open and close every year and everyone goes back to old reliable Hobbytown Gilbert.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Good fun yesterday everyone, I enjoyed racing 12th again.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Track test, DWI-Raceway, Sunday March 2nd

I missed Hobbytown yesterday, heard it went well. I also heard a rumor that we have negotiated a deal with HobbyTown (Gilbert) to run our own road course only events on Sundays. If so I will support this.

In the mean time I am still planning on hosting a track test at my house on Sunday March 2nd. I partially set-up the track today. I think that it is bigger than what most of you are expecting and will be a lot of fun. I think that I have plenty of room for pit space. I am not trying to sabotage anyone elses plans but I do think that this may be a reasonable alternative so I would appreciate if at least a few people came to check it out.

I would like a little feedback on who is interested in coming. Anyone from Tucson?

Paul
Old 02-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anybody want to carpool up on March 2? It sounds like fun and I think talking about our options in person would be most useful.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default counting systems

I am looking into lap counting systems. The MyLaps (AMB) systems are pretty expensive. There are substantially cheaper IR (Infra Red) systems available. These use different transponders (Typically about $40). They have to be mounted such that they can be "seen" by the receivers on a bridge.

Comments?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whatever works. I'm sure we'll talk about it on Sunday.

I still need someone to send me an address of where I'm supposed to go! Also got no responses abour carpooling.

-Evan
Old 02-24-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BantAz View Post
I missed Hobbytown yesterday, heard it went well. I also heard a rumor that we have negotiated a deal with HobbyTown (Gilbert) to run our own road course only events on Sundays. If so I will support this.

In the mean time I am still planning on hosting a track test at my house on Sunday March 2nd. I partially set-up the track today. I think that it is bigger than what most of you are expecting and will be a lot of fun. I think that I have plenty of room for pit space. I am not trying to sabotage anyone elses plans but I do think that this may be a reasonable alternative so I would appreciate if at least a few people came to check it out.

I would like a little feedback on who is interested in coming. Anyone from Tucson?

Paul
I am going to try and make it but it will depend on how I'm doing with paint work, have lots to do for Cactus so I won't know untill this weekend for sure; pm me the address just in case.

Yes I spoke with Todd and he is cool with letting us use the equipment, he will need to check with the owners to be sure there are no issues but it sounds like that is doable. Anything we try and setup outdoors for now is only a temporary fix untill the temps get too hot so your place or HT Gilbert either way is fine for me.

Untill or if we are able to put together an indoor facility a timing system is not really needed. Bill has a computer with a system that we can use to hand count with and while that is not perfect it's good enough for the next two months that we will be racing anyway; imo.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

I know Dads track is pretty big and fast. The asphalt is only about 2 years old and has little traffic. grip should be good, should be a lot of fun. hope to see everyone there.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unfortunately Dad's address doesn't come up with google. I have added coordinates that you can use with google maps to get directions to the street behind his house, which is the best google can do.

3320'19.7"N 11208'43.2"W - Coordinates for Directions
(33.338811, -112.145335) - If the first doesn't work try these

To actually get to to his house you must do the following. When turning off of Carver road still cross the canal. Now turn left, east, immediately after crossing it, and proceed on that narrow asphalt road. Once on this road go past the two houses, which are on the right, and make the tight right turn. Then look for the next asphalt street you can turn right onto. This is Kayenta, and this is the street Dad's house is on. Turn right onto Kayenta and take it down to Dad's house. His is the only house on the street, and its at the very end where the traffic circle/race track is.

Hope this isn't too confusing, and see everyone there Sunday,
James B.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think for what we are doing this system would be the most cost effective.
http://www.rclapcounter.com/page1/page1.html
Old 02-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Will have the track set up by noon

I will have the track set up by noon, maybe a little earlier. One worry - there may be rain this weekend. Especially if you are making a long drive check the weather and/or call me Sunday morning.

anyone that needs directions, address or phone number let me know and I will PM it to you.

Paul

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service