Arizona 12th scale only baby!!

Old 01-01-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

2015 not my best year man. Hope to retire this year (God, can't believe I just said that). Then I'll maybe be able to come up.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lonny, It's great to hear you're getting out while you're young enough to enjoy it.

Chris, Did you get the V2 conversion? Keep us posted on what you think of that car. I love the looks of that kit. Some great ideas in the design.

I hope everyone one had a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Happy new year, everyone.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RacinJ View Post
Lonny, It's great to hear you're getting out while you're young enough to enjoy it.

Chris, Did you get the V2 conversion? Keep us posted on what you think of that car. I love the looks of that kit. Some great ideas in the design.

I hope everyone one had a very Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.
Not that young sonny!
Old 01-01-2016, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Whats the saying fifty is the new thirty or something like that; not sure where that puts you Lonny but still young at heart for sure.

Happy new year DR.

Yes Jason I do have the V2 of the RSD 12th, and WGT is the most current version not quite a V2 more like a V1.5. So here is a pic of the 12r5.1 in stock trim.

And here is the conversion so far, mostly done but had to order some small bits to finish as I decided to go with the x-ray links over the AE ones. Still need to add the electronics and finish buttoning up some details. Sadly it will be awhile before I get a chance to run it tho.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Not that young sonny!
You're old enough to know better yet, young enough to do it again.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Whats the saying fifty is the new thirty or something like that; not sure where that puts you Lonny but still young at heart for sure.

Happy new year DR.

Yes Jason I do have the V2 of the RSD 12th, and WGT is the most current version not quite a V2 more like a V1.5. So here is a pic of the 12r5.1 in stock trim.

And here is the conversion so far, mostly done but had to order some small bits to finish as I decided to go with the x-ray links over the AE ones. Still need to add the electronics and finish buttoning up some details. Sadly it will be awhile before I get a chance to run it tho.

Sweet. I love the options on that car. Is that the standard conversion kit? The X Ray links are supposed to be longer and more free. Less bind on the center pivot.
Old 01-02-2016, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Yes the standard conversion kit but I did opt for the longer x-ray side links that you see in the pic.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

very cool Chris.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nissan man View Post
very cool Chris.
Thanks, I have been wanting to try out this brand for a long time, just need to find time to make a TQ run for a shakedown.

Not sure if anyone knows of this but I recently was told about a carpet race on Jan 23 in Vegas. The track is 702 RC raceway, if I understand it correctly this is an indoor off-road track that has recently put in a carpet track. I don't know much more than that but might be something to look at for this race and in the future.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Couple of pics, a bit different, looks almost square. It's SXT3 only I think.

https://www.facebook.com/702-RC-Race...fref=ps_result
Old 01-03-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Thanks, I have been wanting to try out this brand for a long time, just need to find time to make a TQ run for a shakedown.

Not sure if anyone knows of this but I recently was told about a carpet race on Jan 23 in Vegas. The track is 702 RC raceway, if I understand it correctly this is an indoor off-road track that has recently put in a carpet track. I don't know much more than that but might be something to look at for this race and in the future.
I have been reading about it, don't know if this is a permanent change or not but it's good to have another option.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Couple of pics, a bit different, looks almost square. It's SXT3 only I think.

https://www.facebook.com/702-RC-Race...fref=ps_result
So after reading some it was an off-road facility that has converted to carpet and will run both on and off road on carpet. On fb they mentioned the sauce will be SXT to start but will be switching to some house concoction later. Not much closer to us than TQ but having options is nice.

On this same line I was also recently contacted by an RC Tech member about a possible new carpet track opening even closer to the valley. I'll update everyone if/when I get anymore info.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I bought the earlier version conversion. I haven't put it fully together (close) - it was going to be a carpet only car while I run the R5.2 with ASR. I felt better about my 5.2 this past Saturday and then started having problems with the speed control. So we'll try again.
John Barr was concerned about the kind of carpet at 702 and he is planning on waiting till they get a groove before he tries it out. Additionally - Vegas can be a real hit or miss on hotel/motel prices. But it's nice to have a track there. It will be interesting to see if that will affect the Scotty Ernst effort.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

"Closer to the valley". Groovy.

Keep us posted.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.