Tech Adept

Thumbs up

I plan to be there, as does my dad.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nissan man View Post
I plan to be there, as does my dad.
Sweet I know 4 others coming too. Plus adam should give us 7 maybe more.
Eric d?
Eric f?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMR CHASSIS View Post
Sweet I know 4 others coming too. Plus adam should give us 7 maybe more.
Eric d?
Eric f?
Sorry guys but I already have plans with the family Saturday night. Looks like I will be out of racing until August .

Erik D.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Root_66 View Post
Sorry guys but I already have plans with the family Saturday night. Looks like I will be out of racing until August .

Erik D.
Bummer.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

I am looking at buying a 12R5.2 I have read thru this thread and the HT SRS thread and as wondering what the overall status is on 12th scale in Az? I know that some wont go to SRS and since HT Gilbert closed where does one race?
Old 10-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by AzRon View Post
I am looking at buying a 12R5.2 I have read thru this thread and the HT SRS thread and as wondering what the overall status is on 12th scale in Az? I know that some wont go to SRS and since HT Gilbert closed where does one race?
Sadly 12th has not been strong in the valley for a very long time. For a brief time the handful of 12th racers were gathering at Speed Sports and then at Bill Cline's. Since then the 12th racers still here are somewhat splintered and the only real organized 12th racing has been the trips to CA.

Currently some are going to SRS sporadically and as you mentioned some are not interested in what SRS has to offer. The east side racers hsve formed a club and will be racing at a new venue very soon. While I am one not interested in SRS the Banta family does go there, are good racers and will be happy to help you out there.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Sadly 12th has not been strong in the valley for a very long time. For a brief time the handful of 12th racers were gathering at Speed Sports and then at Bill Cline's. Since then the 12th racers still here are somewhat splintered and the only real organized 12th racing has been the trips to CA.

Currently some are going to SRS sporadically and as you mentioned some are not interested in what SRS has to offer. The east side racers hsve formed a club and will be racing at a new venue very soon. While I am one not interested in SRS the Banta family does go there, are good racers and will be happy to help you out there.
Ok thanks!
Old 11-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (99%+)

Originally Posted by AzRon View Post
Ok thanks!
Just a side note, I ran my 12th this past weekend at the new track here on the east side. Car and track felt great,and it's a really big track with a 90ish foot back straight.
Old 11-02-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Just a side note, I ran my 12th this past weekend at the new track here on the east side. Car and track felt great,and it's a really big track with a 90ish foot back straight.
Ok... I'll bite! Spill the beans on the track! All the who? what? when? where? why? What tires? Compound? Gearing? Set-up? Body? all that stuff!

Just glad something is going to be back in the east valley. I just got back into RC I was getting tired of going to the other side of town to run at Warehouse. To keep a little more local and after a good night talking with some folks and watching the races in Gilbert... I picked up a used car to run on-road just a week before the unfortunate closing of Gilbert HT.

Wait... I'm starting to see a trend here... It's all my fault..
Old 11-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Unspoiled View Post
Ok... I'll bite! Spill the beans on the track! All the who? what? when? where? why? What tires? Compound? Gearing? Set-up? Body? all that stuff!

Just glad something is going to be back in the east valley. I just got back into RC I was getting tired of going to the other side of town to run at Warehouse. To keep a little more local and after a good night talking with some folks and watching the races in Gilbert... I picked up a used car to run on-road just a week before the unfortunate closing of Gilbert HT.

OK track is located at 1725 e main st. We will be running Saturday at 10am. You have to have Roar membership to run.roar membership is 35.00 a year. Please have copy of email proving you have Roar membership. Thank you!
Idk gearing or any other info. I didn't run my car so I can't help out there.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Unspoiled View Post

Been racing 35 years. Want to know how many great tracks I've closed down?
Old 11-03-2015, 04:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TMR CHASSIS View Post
OK track is located at 1725 e main st. We will be running Saturday at 10am. You have to have Roar membership to run.roar membership is 35.00 a year. Please have copy of email proving you have Roar membership. Thank you!
Idk gearing or any other info. I didn't run my car so I can't help out there.
Thanks for the info TMR! No worries! I was just being a wise guy with all the questions.

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Been racing 35 years. Want to know how many great tracks I've closed down?
Whew! Ok.. So it's not my fault then! It's Lonny's!! I hear ya Lonny. I've been R/C-ing for almost 30 years and I've seen them come and go. I've worked at a few and raced at many. It's always a bummer to see a track or a shop go.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Closed 4 of the best ever, The Ranch Pit Shop, The original SRS, Fast Track in Tucson and Competition Hobbies.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

tires, front springs, side springs, roll out Im using 90 right now but don't think that's gonna work

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.