Race fees

Old 12-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Race fees

So just to poll people in Arizona. What would be the maximum you pay race at a indoor place? Would you pay to reserve pit space? How much would you pay to practice?
Old 12-31-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I think 15 for a club race is a pretty good number for arizona.
they seem to charge 20 in cali, but everything is more expensive there.
what nobody has tried so far is alternative pricing such as;

a monthly subscription(track sponsor)package of say 1 entry per club race
and unlimited practice for $100-$125..may include reserved pit space and/or
locker to keep your gear in.

breaking up the weeknight racing into two separate nights
buggy on tuesday
short course on thursday
for $15
run both on sat nite for $20
that way weeknights are done by 9:30 or so.
also more opportunity to race, most guys dont race sc and buggy
in the same night. I see more people run stock and mod with the same buggy/truck. more people would run 4wd buggy/sc as a second class.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I personally think places like w3 with ac and heat should charge more. I think the track itself should charge whatever it needs to make money. The Hobbyshop and Track should maintain themselves separately. So if entry need to be 25$ then so be it.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:48 PM
LTD
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Humpty View Post
I personally think places like w3 with ac and heat should charge more. I think the track itself should charge whatever it needs to make money. The Hobbyshop and Track should maintain themselves separately. So if entry need to be 25$ then so be it.
+1 What he said. I don't like see them close. I also don't buy mail order. I spread my money around. I Always buy something when I'm at the track.

John
Old 01-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

I like the idea of short course on one night and open wheel on another night for weeknights
Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

The one key ingredient that is missing at so many tracks is an enjoyable experiance. A track thats fun, with good customer service can charge what it needs and still be able to keep the car count up. But poor customer service, employees that put down and badmouth the racers not in their close circle; well those tracks have lost customers and changed hands or closed.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DAD View Post
I like the idea of short course on one night and open wheel on another night for weeknights
+1
Old 01-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
The one key ingredient that is missing at so many tracks is an enjoyable experiance. A track thats fun, with good customer service can charge what it needs and still be able to keep the car count up. But poor customer service, employees that put down and badmouth the racers not in their close circle; well those tracks have lost customers and changed hands or closed.
+1
Old 01-02-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Maybe charge different classes different amounts. Maybe have a free kids class, cheap novice class, and a more expensive pro class. Or charge more $ on weekends and less on weekdays. Racers with lower budgets could race on an off day, $10 tuesdays, $25 saturdays. Create a win win scenario.

Last edited by Race Everything; 01-02-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think 20 bucks sounds like a nice round number for a class of racing for an indoor track. Maybe the 2nd class being 10.

I also like the monthly fee to reserve a pit spot. I like not having to worry about having a spot to pit and i am willing to pay for it, as i have at w3 since the doors opened for their new facility.

As for running different classes different nights, i think that is a pretty bad idea. Just adds more confusion where it doesn't need to be. Don't like Short Course? Easy. Don't race it. The easy fix for that is controlled practice.

^THIS. It's the reason i have avoided tracks here in the valley. IT really ruins it for new comers as well. We were all new at some point in this hobby, and scaring away new faces is not gonna help support our tracks.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the 15-20 for first class, ten for every subsequent class would be fine for a well-maintained indoor facility.

Another thing to keep in mind is the cost-to-race on your car, especially for new or younger racers. A track layout and surface that doesn't generate broken parts, shredded tires, and such are part of the racer-friendly atmosphere. Every life-long racing addict was once a dumb beginner... I think that might mean beginners are the most important part of racing.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If you guys stop and think about how much we pay compared to how much time we spend at the track it works out to about $2 an hour for our pleasure. There is not anything else we can be doing thats this much fun for $2 an hour unless you're getting some freebies from the old lady
Old 01-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Old 01-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

One of the biggest challenge on race day for some (like myself) is that, I can't just show up for two hours and get my race on. You really have to dedicate yourself for practically the whole day to race. In reality you get to drive on the track say 2 practice sessions at 5 minutes (in control practice), 2 heats of 5 and maybe a 10 min main. So you spend 6 hours at a race track to run 30-40 minutes on the track for $15. It's just the way it is with the current racing schedules. You get more bang for your buck during open practice day.

Now, what if a track were to split race day into 2 sessions (buggy and truck) each group would be done in 2 to 3 hours. That would be a concept that I can go for. I hate waiting 1 1/2 hours between rounds. Of course, you will not be able to do that during week nights but you can do this on Saturday or Sunday.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nta01 View Post
Now, what if a track were to split race day into 2 sessions (buggy and truck) each group would be done in 2 to 3 hours. That would be a concept that I can go for. I hate waiting 1 1/2 hours between rounds. Of course, you will not be able to do that during week nights but you can do this on Saturday or Sunday.
Thats not a bad idea if you're only running buggy or truck. You would then only be there a morning or afternoon.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service