New Guy in AZ

Old 12-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Guy in AZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, figured I would say hello. I am a total rookie getting into this stuff in later life (46), years ago I had a Traxxas Nitro Rustler, messed with it for a while and then sold when I moved from IL to AZ and kicked myself for years after for doing so. Just bought an electric Rustler to get back into it and get in some running time. I have never been to the track to race, although I was at fear farm a week ago and watched some, and I feel it will be a while before I do go to a track. Any pointers or anything? Really want to work back up to the Nitro world. If anyone in Phoenix area wants to meet at a track and give me some pointers, that would be cool. I really am a novice and could use some help, even on the basics......Cheers !
Old 12-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

first off welcome back to the world of RC. I dont know that any of the off-road tracks have a class you could run a rustler in. I do see them run alot at HT Gilbert in afew classes so that might be a place to get your feet wet. If your more interested in off-road you might want to check out warehouse3 and see what classes thay offer.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Fear Farm and Paddocks run nitro. Fear Farm is running 4WD ShortCourse on the 1/8 track during the winter series, and Paddocks can handle any type of car, 1/10 or 1/8. Both tracks have threads in the AZ section so take a look at the schedules. I know Fear Farm is running pretty much every weekend except for a couple in February.

Nitro Challenge is February 19-24th. You need to stop by to see that.

If you want to get into a nitro vehicle cheap, stop by Fear Farm again or PM me. I'll be out next weekend on the 4th. I am getting rid of my buggy that I just rebuilt and freshened up to try to get the new version and I have tons of spare parts. For a new guy that might start racing at Fear Farm, I will make it CHEAP. I know a couple other guys doing the same thing.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Travis, I may take you up on that. What kind and how much are you looking to get? The 4th wont work for me, I have to finish moving and that weekend (from Mesa to Phoenix) and the following will be pretty busy for me.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here at Hobbytown scottsdale we have plenty of room in novice or stadium truck for your rustler were racing tomorrow, gates open at 11 with racing starting at 2pm, come on out and put some laps down