R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Arizona-New Mexico Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/arizona-new-mexico-racing-156/)
-   -   Gilbert Backyard Track Build Help (https://www.rctech.net/forum/arizona-new-mexico-racing/732438-gilbert-backyard-track-build-help.html)

Acill 05-23-2013 09:00 PM

Gilbert Backyard Track Build Help

All the looking into getting a place to build a track and being a bust so far has got me thinking a small track out back would be nice. Even if its only a straight and a few turns and jumps to practice on and help tune.

Is anyone interested in helping out that lives in the area? Its not a huge space, but for a couple cars at once I think it would work out well.

fred_the_baker 05-23-2013 09:23 PM

sure pm me ,

Team G Racing 05-23-2013 10:12 PM

You have an address, pictures?

Carwreck 05-24-2013 12:23 AM

Is this HOW California would do it??? Paul I just don't understand how You think:confused::confused: I am NOT saying you are wrong I am just saying YOU have NO CLUE!!!!!!
Vareck

ALIASDAVE 05-24-2013 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Carwreck (Post 12185022)
Is this HOW California would do it??? Paul I just don't understand how You think:confused::confused: I am NOT saying you are wrong I am just saying YOU have NO CLUE!!!!!!
Vareck

you can expect his opinion to be in his own best interests...

Paul just wants to race- I get that.

Jaz240 05-24-2013 07:41 AM

Why don't you guys pitch in and help Brad at EVRC? He has an awesome track in his backyard but he needs lights, timing loop and a drivers stand to make it race worthy. I would bet lack of funds and volunteers are the only thing preventing it from being a great place to race. It's on the east side and the track is already built. It's also big enough for Nitro or electric. You should all get together and concentrate your efforts on one facility. Ill help also if you get together and make a plan. Brad's a good guy and I'm sure with some help we can make a great place to race here on the east side of town.

stavman 05-24-2013 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 12185825)
Why don't you guys pitch in and help Brad at EVRC? He has an awesome track in his backyard but he needs lights, timing loop and a drivers stand to make it race worthy. I would bet lack of funds and volunteers are the only thing preventing it from being a great place to race. It's on the east side and the track is already built. It's also big enough for Nitro or electric. You should all get together and concentrate your efforts on one facility. Ill help also if you get together and make a plan. Brad's a good guy and I'm sure with some help we can make a great place to race here on the east side of town.

Thats a GREAT idea James...:nod:

He does a lot of stuff for the Kids and could really use the Help

Brad is a good guy and mainly is doing it for the kids... oh i said that already:D

Acill 05-24-2013 08:01 AM

Why the hostility? Im just looking for a place I can toss my cars down and get some practice in without an hour and a half drive is all. Whats California have to do with it? Ive been seriously trying to find a location here on this side of town that that will work out, and I have had nothing but bad luck on that front. Ive even has some pretty crappy private messages sent to me about it.

Hey I understand I got caught up in a couple threads about racing in the past in other locations. You have to put things in my perspective. I've had a huge change of life here. I raced in the 80's as a kid then joined the navy right out of high school. I spend 22 years away and the last 6 getting back into RC away. I got really into 1/8th scale electric which really got me back into the feeling of Racing my Kyosho Optima's and Turbo Optima Mid back in the day.

Im trying to adapt to a new career thats completely alien to what I grew up with and in a town where I dont know anyone or much else. Cut me some slack. I said I was sorry if I offended anyone and asked to start over. Can we please just not bring it up. I haven't since.

Acill 05-24-2013 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 12185825)

Im all for that as well. I dont even know who is he though or where the location is. If anyone knows him and can find out if he wants the help Im sure we can muster up plenty to do that.

Team G Racing 05-24-2013 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Acill (Post 12185871)
Why the hostility? Im just looking for a place I can toss my cars down and get some practice in without an hour and a half drive is all. Whats California have to do with it? Ive been seriously trying to find a location here on this side of town that that will work out, and I have had nothing but bad luck on that front. Ive even has some pretty crappy private messages sent to me about it.

Hey I understand I got caught up in a couple threads about racing in the past in other locations. You have to put things in my perspective. I've had a huge change of life here. I raced in the 80's as a kid then joined the navy right out of high school. I spend 22 years away and the last 6 getting back into RC away. I got really into 1/8th scale electric which really got me back into the feeling of Racing my Kyosho Optima's and Turbo Optima Mid back in the day.

Im trying to adapt to a new career thats completely alien to what I grew up with and in a town where I dont know anyone or much else. Cut me some slack. I said I was sorry if I offended anyone and asked to start over. Can we please just not bring it up. I haven't since.

Thank you for your service :nod:. EVRC is still far for some of us. At least a 45 min drive. Acill is just trying to get an extra track going for us in Chandler and Gilbert area. Why is it such a big deal? He is asking for help. I think we could help someone who has served our country ;)

Jaz240 05-24-2013 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by stavman (Post 12185848)
Thats a GREAT idea James...:nod:

He does a lot of stuff for the Kids and could really use the Help

Brad is a good guy and mainly is doing it for the kids... oh i said that already:D

Thats a different Guy Chris. You are thinking of Vince. yes he has a very admirable purpose but he is really far away. Brad owns EVRC which is a backyard track with no racing amenities.

Jaz240 05-24-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Acill (Post 12185899)
Im all for that as well. I dont even know who is he though or where the location is. If anyone knows him and can find out if he wants the help Im sure we can muster up plenty to do that.

Here is the thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/arizona-...st-valley.html

I also PM'd you his phone Number.

Acill 05-24-2013 08:19 AM

Well if I do put one out back its going to be SMALL. Id welcome anyone over but I dont live in one of the Horse property places. I have a fairly standard residential size back yard. Ive seen some builds in smaller yards, but were talking just a couple turns and a few jumps is all.

CHIZZLE 05-24-2013 08:24 AM

Small backyard tracks can be a lot of fun. But they definitely don't replace the real thing. Here's mine from a couple years ago. Lasted about 8 months, lol. This is Mellen and I playing around. Yes, those are 4wd SC!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XJ5...fg0LwQ&index=4

Jaz240 05-24-2013 08:26 AM

Practice is for pussies :D

seriously, your backyard practice track would be a hot spot for about a month. Nothing compares to the adrenaline of competitive racing. If we pool all our efforts to help Brad we can have something great