Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Thoughts on an indoor East Valley Track? >

Thoughts on an indoor East Valley Track?

Thoughts on an indoor East Valley Track?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Thoughts on an indoor East Valley Track?

Ive been thinking about the possibility of looking for a location to lease for an indoor track out here in the East Valley. Ive got no real plans, and havent even sat down to see what the cost or find a location for it. I was thinking Chandler would be a good area though.

Right now I am just interested in your thoughts, how it would effect the other tracks out west and if it would cause any friction with them. I cant be the only one tired of the long drive and traffic every week to race at an indoor facility out here. We have a ton of tracks on the west side of the valley, and with Glitch gone for now we have nothing but SRS here, and its only open in the evening and weekends.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
Ive been thinking about the possibility of looking for a location to lease for an indoor track out here in the East Valley. Ive got no real plans, and havent even sat down to see what the cost or find a location for it. I was thinking Chandler would be a good area though.

Right now I am just interested in your thoughts, how it would effect the other tracks out west and if it would cause any friction with them. I cant be the only one tired of the long drive and traffic every week to race at an indoor facility out here. We have a ton of tracks on the west side of the valley, and with Glitch gone for now we have nothing but SRS here, and its only open in the evening and weekends.
Love the Idea.... if you do it they will come!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Im sure the people willing to support it are here, and being retired Navy I can get some good deals on grants and low cost business loans. I have some experience in running a business but not a track. I know a lot of people in the industry since I have been around it for close to 25 years. In the end it all comes down to getting the support and a location that will work. "friends" don't do much in the end if it means getting money lost.

I am actively looking into it. If anyone has and inputs, feedback, advice or anything else they want to add let me know. Good or bad I would like to hear it.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Indoor tracks are awesome, but nitro needs some love!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Suspended

Your idea is awesome. It would be a instant hit. W3 is COOL. It's just kinda far from east valley.
I'm sure you would have lots of people that will race and practice there.

Last edited by dgriffinm; 05-11-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

I've had some interest and a few messages. Im looking into it, and the more I do the more i can see it actually working. Just a quick look in the classifieds in the Gilbert area has several good potential locations with a good price on the rent.

One of the visions I have is getting a club type thing going. Membership for monthly use and such. It worked VERY well in Chula Vista, dont see why it wont here.

If Josh from Glitch or anyone with track building knowledge is reading this and wants to talk, please send me a message.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Where about in gilbert? I'd suggest tempe area, ht gilbert has been there for a very long time and has a lot of loyal customers which could hurt as far as sales
Old 05-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

HT Gilbert isnt going to be put out from a track. They run a parking lot race program. I am looking closer to the Chandler/Gilbert area. Nothing is set in stone yet. I have only just started looking at locations and buildings. A track and hobby shop is a very low margin business. Its going to be all about the location. If were to close to the other tracks it will be pointless, to far out and we face the same issues as those of us here having to drive a long way out.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:42 PM
Suspended

What would the Membership be, or how much to practice or race

W3 charges about.. $12.00 . They also rent pit tables
I like W3 it's just on the way other end of the valley
Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Acill View Post
HT Gilbert isnt going to be put out from a track. They run a parking lot race program. I am looking closer to the Chandler/Gilbert area. Nothing is set in stone yet. I have only just started looking at locations and buildings. A track and hobby shop is a very low margin business. Its going to be all about the location. If were to close to the other tracks it will be pointless, to far out and we face the same issues as those of us here having to drive a long way out.
I know about the parking lot racing, I'm referring to part/kit sales, unfortunately race fees alone won't support the bills
Old 05-11-2013, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lowjacey View Post
I know about the parking lot racing, I'm referring to part/kit sales, unfortunately race fees alone won't support the bills
They also dont sell a lot of racer oriented items and are geared towards aviation. Its to early to decide.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm in west phoenix, but I think this is a good idea. I know a couple guys out that way that love racing bit hate the long drive.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm all for it. Will be a steady customer. I love W3 but to far to consistently race there. Seems to be a dedicated group of east vally racers I'm meeting.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is kind of annoying having to drive 35 min to get to a track. A indoor track in Chandler would be AMAZING!! "You make it, they will come!" If you need help as far as layouts go hit me up! Have some pretty awesome designs. I know the basics that are needed to set up a track also if you need some advice. Would love to have an indoor track that is not an hour away!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

From the public and private message I am getting it seems like this would work. Ive spent the better part of the day yesterday looking over places up for rent. So far its not been nearly as bad as I expected it to be. Im talking with a few serious people that are hobby shop owners as well for the opportunity to have an established shop on site if this becomes a reality.

If anyone has a lead on a building in the Gilbert/Chandler area let me know! The few I went to look at ware great with one huge exception I am starting to see in a lot of the online ones as well, and thats parking.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service