question for all offroad racers

Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default question for all offroad racers

so alot of people dont race oval for whatever reason........ it used to be huge in arizona... at sports mania 200 cars but since srs started there oval we get 40 cars if that....

our entry level class is based on a 4 wheel drive touring car with a 17.5 set up so which brings my question of this

if srs changed the entry class to a b4 car with a 17.5 setup and all you had to do was throw you body on and race.would more you offroad guys try dirtoval ??????
i have attached a mccallister body to my b4 and i love the look
just my 2 cents
Attached Thumbnails question for all offroad racers-2012-10-29-07.56.21.jpg  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by seabee4life View Post
so alot of people dont race oval for whatever reason........ it used to be huge in arizona... at sports mania 200 cars but since srs started there oval we get 40 cars if that....

our entry level class is based on a 4 wheel drive touring car with a 17.5 set up so which brings my question of this

if srs changed the entry class to a b4 car with a 17.5 setup and all you had to do was throw you body on and race.would more you offroad guys try dirtoval ??????
i have attached a mccallister body to my b4 and i love the look
just my 2 cents
That was street stock back in the day. rc 10 or b2 b3 and dualsports. Oval is a nitch thats gotta grow on ya some like it some dont . i like both and like the fact that i just took a losi 22 and made a edm out of it and same with my sc works on the oval small change and back to off road.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default do u run gas trucks

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i get bored watching anything drive around in circles for more than 60 seconds
Old 12-09-2012, 10:28 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

Id rather shit a knife
Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Different strokes for different folks. I dont think people are going to cross over from offroad simply by changing the entry level class. They are two different animals. Honestly the only thing they have in common is that they are radio controlled hobbies.

Some people like oval, that's great, some dont and that's their right too. It's not for me but it's good that you're trying to get more support at the track, but I dont think you will have a huge influx of offroad guys just by changing the entry class. I think you would have better luck trying to appeal to people who enjoy 1:1 oval racing than trying to convert off roaders. Are there forums for the dirt tracks in the valley? Might be a good place to start. Spectators could get on a track without investing as much money or taking the personal risks...

Just my two cents.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cheeseburger1 View Post
That was street stock back in the day. rc 10 or b2 b3 and dualsports. Oval is a nitch thats gotta grow on ya some like it some dont . i like both and like the fact that i just took a losi 22 and made a edm out of it and same with my sc works on the oval small change and back to off road.
It is easy!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Suspended

yes they will run gas at the dirt oval championship on dec 15
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why dont you ask SRS to build some rental cars and then contact schools and stuff like that. I would bet kids would get their parents to take them to the races if they could race and get a rental for like $40 all included. I would think Oval would be a good starting point with very little crashing and breakages. Just a thought to help you grow your turnouts.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Suspended

thats like asking srs to stop changing the time racing start wont happen i just think if you hade 1 car that could race 2 or more classes it would make it easier for the racer to want to try it
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default What happened to me

RedRockHobbies

Before HobbyTown took over SRS, I raced most weekend. Rarely missed. For over a year, I brought a RC car (either Losi ST, or Slash) that I would let anyone who was a novice race that event. I would pay for any damage and maintain the vehicle during the night.
A few folks said they would come next weekend, never did. No one took up on it that night.
If you want to get into discussion about the need for novices and kids with mechanical skills that is a talk for night over a couple of beers.

I had a sign up and let as many folks know that I had the standing offer.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
RedRockHobbies

Before HobbyTown took over SRS, I raced most weekend. Rarely missed. For over a year, I brought a RC car (either Losi ST, or Slash) that I would let anyone who was a novice race that event. I would pay for any damage and maintain the vehicle during the night.
A few folks said they would come next weekend, never did. No one took up on it that night.
If you want to get into discussion about the need for novices and kids with mechanical skills that is a talk for night over a couple of beers.

I had a sign up and let as many folks know that I had the standing offer.
Thats a shame Martin, But Kudos to you for your awesome offer and generosity. That would be a great way to bring new people into the hobby, if they can get a free ride for the night and some experienced guidance as well. Its a shame nobody took you up on your offer. I plan on trying it again some day on a grander scale (maybe a different school every 2 weeks)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Suspended

the problem i have with a 4wd drive set up is you have to know what your doing with an rc car you have to go buy these parts

car tc3 or4 or what ever 4wd car you decided on
body
wheels
tires

then on top of all that you have to buy esc and motor

if in fact you changed the car to a b4 and run it box stock rtr thats a 250 dollar purchase

and a body max 320 out the door

which is much cheaper than buying all the parts above