Newbie question about Reverse

Old 12-02-2012, 04:53 AM
LTD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Newbie question about Reverse

It seems like everyone in the novice class(and some others) have reverse programed on. Nothing more frustrating than when you get taken out by someone, and they just hit reverse and take off. While you sit there waiting to be marshaled. I noticed this at a few different tracks. I am new to RC racing, should I just program in reverse like everyone else, and not worry about it?
Or just get faster,move up and stop crying about it?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LTD View Post
It seems like everyone in the novice class(and some others) have reverse programed on. Nothing more frustrating than when you get taken out by someone, and they just hit reverse and take off. While you sit there waiting to be marshaled. I noticed this at a few different tracks. I am new to RC racing, should I just program in reverse like everyone else, and not worry about it?
Or just get faster,move up and stop crying about it?

This. Although I don't think you're "crying" about it. It's a legit question. The racers should know to not have reverse programmed and the RD's should call them out if they see it.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 AM
LTD
Tech Adept

That's kinda what I thought. It seems to be mostly at SRS. Glitch not so much. I have not made it ONE yet. So my experience with this is limited.
Thanks for your input. Cause no one really says anything.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

At ONE I have heard them call people out who have reversed during a race.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Vareck, at One Hobbies, has made repeat offenders make a Stop and Go on Numerous Occasions.

Kids Class we allow it, hey they are Kids...
Any other Class, 1st Time Verbal Warning, 2nd Time, Depends on what the RD (Vareck) chooses... verbal beating... tar and feathers.. what ever applies to the current situation

Seriously though... revers is NOT allowed in any way shape or form durring racing... that said... i have minimal Revers on my DEX210 for Practice, dosent work half the time since its like a 5% reverse,... seems I always PIN myself into a pipe when I practice so I can reverse and keep playing.... but i never use it in a race...

If you see it repeatedly I would address it to the RD and verify what that tracks rule is on it...

anyways thats how we do it at One Hobbies.....
Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

It's not allowed from what I know and what people say but I always keep it on for two reasons.

One - Pratice or something like that
Two - bad marshaling. I will wait if marshals are good but if they suck and are disrespectful as far as having some pep in their step then I will reverse out. If the director has a problem tell them to take it up with the Marshall's. sounds bad but there are a lot of clicks in this hobby and some times if your not A main they take a nice Sunday walk over to get your car and I don't deal with that. So I woul say its situational. Most times though people are good and it's best not to use it, even though I personally don't see why it matters. Lol I meen real off road trucks an cars do it, if your clear I see no reason to just sit there.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by low~n~blu View Post
It's not allowed from what I know and what people say but I always keep it on for two reasons.

One - Pratice or something like that
Two - bad marshaling. I will wait if marshals are good but if they suck and are disrespectful as far as having some pep in their step then I will reverse out. If the director has a problem tell them to take it up with the Marshall's. sounds bad but there are a lot of clicks in this hobby and some times if your not A main they take a nice Sunday walk over to get your car and I don't deal with that. So I woul say its situational. Most times though people are good and it's best not to use it, even though I personally don't see why it matters. Lol I meen real off road trucks an cars do it, if your clear I see no reason to just sit there.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can of worms, now open.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm turning mine on too. When I crash and someone is too slow to get me turned back over after I crashed..... then I can back up just enough to jump the pipe and cut the track to make up for the slow marshal.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How about if you use reverse you just continue reversing till you.. crash again then you can go fowards thus saving even more time ..because we are not all olympic speed marshalls lol!
Old 12-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

After last nights start in buggy u better bet ur sweet ass mines going to be on!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
LTD
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by longlivethe3 View Post
I'm turning mine on too. When I crash and someone is too slow to get me turned back over after I crashed..... then I can back up just enough to jump the pipe and cut the track to make up for the slow marshal.
Okay, I know what your saying about the marshaling. That's a different can of worms. lol
I know when I first came out to the track, I was not paying attention. Could not figure out why they kept yelling MARSHAL, MARSHAL. lol
There are no rules posted.
I'm new, I'm new, I don't know what to do....I should just turn the reverse back on. lol
So now I'm out there when ever they need a volunteer, and I try to be fair. I screwed Jbone yesterday at Glitch. I totally put him on the wrong side of the pipe(he was leader) and he had to go the long way. I think he ended up second, after another bad marshaling. I guess if we don't crash, we will nothing to complain about.

Seriously, I know they are just toy cars, but turn mine back over. And be quick about it. lol

Thanks guys for all the input.
John
Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stavman View Post
Vareck, at One Hobbies, has made repeat offenders make a Stop and Go on Numerous Occasions.

Kids Class we allow it, hey they are Kids...
Any other Class, 1st Time Verbal Warning, 2nd Time, Depends on what the RD (Vareck) chooses... verbal beating... tar and feathers.. what ever applies to the current situation

Seriously though... revers is NOT allowed in any way shape or form durring racing... that said... i have minimal Revers on my DEX210 for Practice, dosent work half the time since its like a 5% reverse,... seems I always PIN myself into a pipe when I practice so I can reverse and keep playing.... but i never use it in a race...

If you see it repeatedly I would address it to the RD and verify what that tracks rule is on it...

anyways thats how we do it at One Hobbies.....
Camden doesn't have it, and he is seven! Lol, he just jumps the track!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
Can of worms, now open.
Yup
Old 12-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Why not just have it on for 1/10 electric. 1/8 electric racing with nitro is a whole other issue. The marshal excuse is totally lame. At 1 point or another everyone crashes in a bad spot where you are left on your lid way to long. It's part of racing.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service