Phoenix Indoor Carpet Track

Old 10-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Phoenix Indoor Carpet Track

Ok We are looking for a head count on racers that would be intested in racing 1 weekend a month on carpet. We may have a place that is willing to allow a track or club to use it's facility for a very reasonable amount of money. Details still need to get worked out, all the lawyer legal stuff but the place looks very promising. I spoke with the owner and they are very intested in making this happen for us but they also want to know how many people are willing to race as do we before we go through all the trouble and only a few show up.

It's near the 202 and the 51. The Races would be on Saterdays once a month. Both OVAL and On Road Racing would be the main events. If there is interset in other types of racing that would be entertained also.

This would be run more like a RC Racing Club than your typical Hobby Shop owned facility. It would need the help of a dedicated few to get things rolling like the set up and tear down, and even some start up financial support if you are willing to help out for the greater good of the cause. Thus my questions below.

1- Would you be willing to help run races, setup the track and tear it down after the races are done for the day? Pay off being you pay less of an entry fee if you are willing to help.

2- Would you rather just show up and race then leave when it's done? That would be fine with me, but would you be willing to pay a higher entry fee for not wanting to help.

3- Would you be willing to pay a Club / Membership fee or something like that to help pay any expenses?

So if you are interested let me know. PM me or share your feed back here on this thread. If there is enough interest I will persue this to the next level and We could be racing on Carpet in Phoenix by the begining of next year.

Thanks in advance for you feedback and or questions.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Root_66 View Post
Ok We are looking for a head count on racers that would be intested in racing 1 weekend a month on carpet. We may have a place that is willing to allow a track or club to use it's facility for a very reasonable amount of money. Details still need to get worked out, all the lawyer legal stuff but the place looks very promising. I spoke with the owner and they are very intested in making this happen for us but they also want to know how many people are willing to race as do we before we go through all the trouble and only a few show up.

It's near the 202 and the 51. The Races would be on Saterdays once a month. Both OVAL and On Road Racing would be the main events. If there is interset in other types of racing that would be entertained also.

This would be run more like a RC Racing Club than your typical Hobby Shop owned facility. It would need the help of a dedicated few to get things rolling like the set up and tear down, and even some start up financial support if you are willing to help out for the greater good of the cause. Thus my questions below.

1- Would you be willing to help run races, setup the track and tear it down after the races are done for the day? Pay off being you pay less of an entry fee if you are willing to help.

2- Would you rather just show up and race then leave when it's done? That would be fine with me, but would you be willing to pay a higher entry fee for not wanting to help.

3- Would you be willing to pay a Club / Membership fee or something like that to help pay any expenses?

So if you are interested let me know. PM me or share your feed back here on this thread. If there is enough interest I will persue this to the next level and We could be racing on Carpet in Phoenix by the begining of next year.

1== Yes

2== It would be nice but it wouldn't work out and they track wouldn't be there for lone if everyone did that

3== If needed, to make the track stick around
Old 10-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Root_66 View Post

1 -- yes
Old 10-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

1. yes
2. depends on what time it is. I have a family to coordinate with.
3. sure but you need to give us an idea of what the cost would be. obviously you have some numbers worked out. give us a ballpark figure.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ya let us know some more info and I'm interested for sure
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm in for all, just keep us posted. Would love to have a carpet track with good bite.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mulepic View Post
1. yes
2. depends on what time it is. I have a family to coordinate with.
3. sure but you need to give us an idea of what the cost would be. obviously you have some numbers worked out. give us a ballpark figure.
1- Great to see you are willing to help out.

2- The plan was to have the building the entire day. That leaves a lot of time that is flexible for set up and tear down and racing in the middle somewhere. The best part is that it is once a month so everyone can plan ahead and get all those honey do's done the weekend before or after and have a day of racing worked out with the family and stuff like that. Racer can either sign up for early set up, run races or later tear down to help with family schedules for the day too. I too have a family that is very busy with sports and other activities during the week and weekends. But my wife is good with once a month of me having fun if I work the other three. LOL

3- I have chance to get used CRC carpet for a great price so I am willing to buy it since we have a potential place to race at. I would hate to buy it then nobody comes to race. That is why I posted this survey. The other costs would be Barriers, Tape, drivers stand type platform, extension cords, and PA system would be items on a wish list for the club. So money for that andtheplacehas a snack shop kitchen so maybe snack food items to sell too. Liability insurance is a big deal too. Cost is not that much per year but it is needed at about $500 a year unless we go ROAR then use them as insurance. Not everyone likes ROAR but if we only use it for insurance and not the rules for $25 per person. Down side every racer has to be a ROAR member to race in order to be lagit.

I think if we get enough interest and people with networking connections this can all be started for cheap money in the grand scheme of things and we have a great place to race at. This is a one year old building so the facilities are very nice.

Thanks for the responce. Any more questions just let me know.

Off to the races now for the day. My current 1 weekend a month off for good behavior.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Initiate

A little far for me to travel but I'm definitely interested in this
Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would be interested as well. Because it's a part time thing be sure to figure out where and more importantly how to store the carpet during the off time.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by breezyinAZ View Post
A little far for me to travel but I'm definitely interested in this
I get the distance thing but this place is just a mile or less off the 51 and Thomas so it is mostly freeway from all parts of the Valley. Besides we will be racing on the weekends so traffic is lighter than during the week. It should be worth the drive once a month if all things work out right and you enjoy the carpet racing as much as the other types of racing you are currently doing. Heck some of us go 100+ miles to Tucson to race at CH for both on and off road. I just would like to race on carpet here in town for a change. The facility would be about 25 minutes from my house one way so it is not exactly in my neck of the woods either.

Thanks for you input, I appreciate your feed back If all things work out we will see you at the track some day soon.

Thanks for the reply.

Originally Posted by linkless View Post
I would be interested as well. Because it's a part time thing be sure to figure out where and more importantly how to store the carpet during the off time.
Maybe we can get a series going with CH in the future and get both places going. The facility does have a storage area on site that we may get to use. Thanks for bringing that up. I will need to ask if it is possible to use part of it for storage of the carpet and stuff at my next meeting with them.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Interested

I know a few guys that would come out to race on carpet for oval. A few of us are planning to race the west coast carpet oval nationals next year in Bakersfield, so this would be good practice.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Sounds like a good idea, please let me know how I can help. I've been know to be ok at calling races ;-) and yes, it would be cool to get something going between both facilities.
Rich
Old 10-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

I'm definitely interested.

I'd suggest not too many different classes, too. If you read that thread "Best/Worst things over the last 10 years", a lot of guys have brought up the idea of too many classes fragments the racers too much. Not all that fun if you only have 2 racers in 14 classes (vs 7 racers in four classes, for example). Follow?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by btsai View Post
Not all that fun if you only have 2 racers in 14 classes (vs 7 racers in four classes, for example). Follow?
Yes but the KBRL fanatics will love it because they would then have a 50/50 shot at winning.

I agree, define the classes ahead of time (even now would be good) so that people that may be interested will be able to plan accordingly.

For reference, the standard classes at CH are 13.5 WGT and 17.5 TC. 12th scale 'was' 17.5 but the SIGP was decided to have 13.5 so that is what we are currently running. All of these are blinky classes. When it gets closer to time and people start becoming more interested it would be nice to make a listing of equipment needed for the various classes so they can decide. If you would like I can write it up and probably should anyways in the hopes that we can start growing the CH crowd.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yes this would be great..let us know..i dont have a problem with a 500 yearly fee if we knew that it would be there for a year

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service