WHAT HAPPENED TO RC HOBBIES?

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default WHAT HAPPENED TO RC HOBBIES?

Took my boy to RC Hobbies last week and it was closed. Did Greg move or close? Bummer if he closed. Another tragedy of being in competition with people that set up business out of their house. Good guy.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ET Motopark View Post
Took my boy to RC Hobbies last week and it was closed. Did Greg move or close? Bummer if he closed. Another tragedy of being in competition with people that set up business out of their house. Good guy.
Really ?? Your gonna play that game with your half ass operation you called a rc facility ... even your dirt ovals a joke to alot of people !! So with that said quit being a cry baby
Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by iheartjesus View Post
Really ?? Your gonna play that game with your half ass operation you called a rc facility ... even your dirt ovals a joke to alot of people !! So with that said quit being a cry baby

So then what you are saying is you have no useful information on where they went? I do know last time I was in there the guy working (not Greg) mentioned a few people had set up shops out of their house and it was pretty hard to compete with that. Now he's gone. I would say probably competing with guys set up out of their house vs a guy trying to run a shop with overhead may have done it. Just saying facts are facts. As for the dirt track, not a fan huh? Bummer.

Anyways my kid wants one of those little choppers and Greg had quite a few last time I was in there. Anyone know (other than super genius above) if they moved their shop or not? Nothing in store but webstie is still up. I know Liberty closed , if Rc Hobbies is not around where has the biggest selection of them in the far East Valley? The walmart one last for 2 days. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Yes, Greg had to close up shop!!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So then what you are saying is you have no useful information on where they went? I do know last time I was in there the guy working (not Greg) mentioned a few people had set up shops out of their house and it was pretty hard to compete with that. Now he's gone. I would say probably competing with guys set up out of their house vs a guy trying to run a shop with overhead may have done it. Just saying facts are facts. As for the dirt track, not a fan huh? Bummer.

Anyways my kid wants one of those little choppers and Greg had quite a few last time I was in there. Anyone know (other than super genius above) if they moved their shop or not? Nothing in store but webstie is still up. I know Liberty closed , if Rc Hobbies is not around where has the biggest selection of them in the far East Valley? The walmart one last for 2 days. Thanks.
Jonah I would check out Hobby action or Hobbytown in Gilbert those are now the closest.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's wrong with people starting and running a business out of their house? I want to know since you've brought it up (and keep bringing it up) for weeks now-in multiple threads.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

There is also National Hobbies on Ellsworth and Baseline. I haven't been there in a long time though so I cant comment on selection or if they are still open (or if someone has some deep philosophical objection to that shop too.)
Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You are way off!! He always had people in his shop and no other business put him out of business! Get the facts strait before you open your mouth.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Seriously, if somebody wants to open an online store out of their house, then good for them. I went to RC Hobbies a couple times. One time I needed a CC BEC in a pinch between races and asked if they could solder it since nobody was in the shop at the moment. They acted like I ruined their day. Never get that from Understiller. Racers go to the hobby shops and tracks that give us the best deal and the most commitment, period. Maintain your track and stock the correct parts, dont price gouge! Pretty simple concept. Blaming an online store is a cop-out. I spend money at shops that have a track on sight IF I can see the owner takes care of the track and invests in the track. If not, then you dont get my money.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nismomike View Post
Seriously, if somebody wants to open an online store out of their house, then good for them. I went to RC Hobbies a couple times. One time I needed a CC BEC in a pinch between races and asked if they could solder it since nobody was in the shop at the moment. They acted like I ruined their day. Never get that from Understiller. Racers go to the hobby shops and tracks that give us the best deal and the most commitment, period. Maintain your track and stock the correct parts, dont price gouge! Pretty simple concept. Blaming an online store is a cop-out. I spend money at shops that have a track on sight IF I can see the owner takes care of the track and invests in the track. If not, then you dont get my money.
Excellent points Mike. I know another hobby shop in the east valley that closed recently and that owner just accepted that the economy sucked and business just got too slow in the summer for him to stay open even though he did a great job running his shop. He didn't sit around blaming other people and he didn't come on message boards talking trash.

Maybe the OP should quit speculating as to why RCHobbies closed and let that owner speak for themselves (if they want to) instead of trying to start drama on RCTech.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I raced nitro at ET once and once was all I needed. I'm pretty sure that what killed the RC track at ETMP was ETMP, not anyone else.

Last edited by tjswanie; 10-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

So what's up dude!? Why do you constantly bring this shit up and bad mouth another local business? It seems as if you were given some bad info as to why racer attendance was so low......so, what were you told?

Last edited by mHOUPS; 10-20-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Superstition Hobbies on rittenhouse behind Home Depot is new and starting to stock name brand parts. He has a great attitude and is willing to take suggestions on what to carry. This is where I mostly shop now in the EV. As far as RC Hobbies, I was just as surprised when he closed but I did enjoy working there for the first 2 years. In my opinion moving the shop didn't help the situation but I understand his reasons. I cannot speculate on what caused him to close the shop since I have never owned a business and I can imagine it is difficult. I do hope the best for Greg and his family.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Default Amazing...

I am pretty sure he got the information he was looking for. He was asking what was going on and you guys attack him much like many of the new recruits to rc. You may not agree with him or his decisions in the past but Jonah did make an attempt to have a track closer for the EV guys and it lost support and closed. He wasn't refering to his track, in fact RC Hobbies is no where close to it.

If everyone would quit getting stuck on stuff and just kept moving forward it would be so much more proactive.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service