Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
2012 Capital City Classic NCT Stop #3 Boise, Idaho >

2012 Capital City Classic NCT Stop #3 Boise, Idaho

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Capital City Classic NCT Stop #3 Boise, Idaho

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 2012 Capital City Classic NCT Stop #3 Boise, Idaho

Anyone interested in going to this? Looking for someone to split expenses with. I think taking the RV would be out of the question as the cost for fuel would be upwards of a $1000 bux. Take my pickup and split all costs with someone would work much better. Rooms at the Best Western 1/2 mile from the track are $63 a night.

Let me know...

Here's a link to the thread...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...ise-idaho.html
Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Heya Joe,
It looks cool but they are not offering an Open Truggy class, only a pro Truggy. Go figure.
I suppose I could always race with the pros Lets talk about this trip at the track this week.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Maybe they accidently left that out. With 250+ entries how can there not be a open truggy class? Seems a little silly to me. Let's see if they respond to your post and take it from there. If I'm going to make this trip I would like to get the details hammered out sooner rather than later.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Heya Joe, I talked with a buddy who makes this drive to Idaho every summer and he was telling me its about 16 hours to the Boise area. To much for me, so I'm going to pass on this one. Although he was also telling me you can fly out of Mesa on Allegiant to Idaho Falls, round trip is about $300 I just checked. Still they don't have an open truggy class so Im going to pass on this event. But there are some big events coming up on Colorado, California, and New Mexico in the next few months we could drive to, and a huge event in Omaha as well. I'm putting together a list of big 8th scale events close to AZ and I will post it soon. Stay tuned .......
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vortexted
Heya Joe, I talked with a buddy who makes this drive to Idaho every summer and he was telling me its about 16 hours to the Boise area. To much for me, so I'm going to pass on this one. Although he was also telling me you can fly out of Mesa on Allegiant to Idaho Falls, round trip is about $300 I just checked. Still they don't have an open truggy class so Im going to pass on this event. But there are some big events coming up on Colorado, California, and New Mexico in the next few months we could drive to, and a huge event in Omaha as well. I'm putting together a list of big 8th scale events close to AZ and I will post it soon. Stay tuned .......
They have open truggy. Stadium truck. No biggie though. Flying would be nice but what about all your gear?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JoePit
They have open truggy. Stadium truck. No biggie though. Flying would be nice but what about all your gear?
Stadium truck is not open truggy, a stadium truck is 10th scale smaller truck, like the Lois 22T. I think these organizers really don't have it all together yet. They posted 8th scale pro truggy in one place, then in another they called it 8th scale stadium truck DOH

About flying with gear, this is something I meant to talk to some of our pros about on Saturday and forgot. I'm really curious how the pros get all there gears to these big events. I'm thinking they must use a big plastic bin or Storm cases and check them in on the airlines. I'm sure some of it is shipped ahead of time by there sponsors like tables and ez ups. A pit table is a must, I'm wondering if one could call ahead and reserve pit tables at some of these events. I want to fly to the Byron Fuels 8th scale event coming up this summer at a really nice indoor track, HobbyTown, in Omaha NE. HobbyTown boast 200 pit tables This idaho event is being built for this race, so I doubt they have pit tables for travelers.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I have opened my home for traveling team members for the Nitro Challenge. Most of them get all their gear in 2 hard cases that they check at the airport and they carry on their valuables like radio and stuff and some of them will ship me some boxes of stuff. Then they buy fuel locally and scrounge off me for pit tables, shade, chairs and lights. It's always better to drive so you can just bring all your gear with you but that adds 2-3 days to your trip, but also saves allot of $$. If you decide to fly this is a perfect opportunity to utilize your team members help. You may be able to borrow some stuff locally or at the very least have a place to ship fuel and other items to.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

The way the NCT works (was the series i raced in back home and Had the finals at my place before i left down here)

Truggy is one open class.... They run them all together... so it basically weeds out to the Top Guys then the Others......

real Fun series to Run... usually over 200/rd

I would go but no way this Year....

Stav
Old 06-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

I never even thought about the fuel part. You can't pack fuel into carry ons right
That is a good idea to hook up with a team member and ship some stuff ahead of time.

So they lump all the truggies together into one class. I better not go then, I don't want to make them pros look bad
Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Vortexted
I never even thought about the fuel part. You can't pack fuel into carry ons right
That is a good idea to hook up with a team member and ship some stuff ahead of time.

So they lump all the truggies together into one class. I better not go then, I don't want to make them pros look bad
oh you wont

Old 06-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stavman
oh you wont

Never under estimate the power of VORTEX