LoST in MEsa

Reply

Old 12-08-2011, 01:05 PM
  #1  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 14
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default LoST in MEsa

Hello,

Been in and out of RC for years, cars/planes/etc. But could never afford the big stuff.

I had the opportunity to pick up a truck through a buddy sight-unseen and it turns out to be an LST2. The guy gave me everything he had because he hadn't touched it in 3 years!

Anyway, I went to look for current bashing spots, and az-rcfreaks is down? SRS website shows that 1/8th nitro is basically an afterthought. And it took me 3 days to remember rctech.

I don't see any threads here about bashing, and I don't think I am ready to race, although I am tempted to try. But the racing thread seems to be mostly about how nitro is going out of style?

Agh! I don't have the money to convert to brushless...

Is anyone interested starting a nitro-users support group? I can start the Mesa chapter.
xaruum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:16 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Rubbins_Racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florence, AZ
Posts: 1,708
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xaruum View Post
Hello,

Been in and out of RC for years, cars/planes/etc. But could never afford the big stuff.

I had the opportunity to pick up a truck through a buddy sight-unseen and it turns out to be an LST2. The guy gave me everything he had because he hadn't touched it in 3 years!

Anyway, I went to look for current bashing spots, and az-rcfreaks is down? SRS website shows that 1/8th nitro is basically an afterthought. And it took me 3 days to remember rctech.

I don't see any threads here about bashing, and I don't think I am ready to race, although I am tempted to try. But the racing thread seems to be mostly about how nitro is going out of style?

Agh! I don't have the money to convert to brushless...

Is anyone interested starting a nitro-users support group? I can start the Mesa chapter.
You should come check out ET this Saturday, it is out on Ironwood and has an 1/8th scale track. Thats what they make a Novice class for. Just a suggestion. If you would like more info you can give me a call (520)840-2710.
Rubbins_Racin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
  #3  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Here is a bash thread for AZ:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/arizona-...ash-spots.html
Jaz240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:37 PM
  #4  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 14
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

All of the spots on the map are NW.

What happened to mesa? No more RC love?

I know there used to be a big group out in chandler....

Anyplace in gilbert or AJ?
xaruum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 PM
  #5  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
sullypro08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 183
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xaruum View Post
All of the spots on the map are NW.

What happened to mesa? No more RC love?

I know there used to be a big group out in chandler....

Anyplace in gilbert or AJ?
I think glitch is calling your name! Check out the thread and ask josh anything. His track is sweet and it's in Queen Creek.
sullypro08 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:37 AM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 855
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sullypro08 View Post
I think glitch is calling your name! Check out the thread and ask josh anything. His track is sweet and it's in Queen Creek.
yeah head over to glitch on a practice day and go nutz! then if you decide to race it head over on a race day.
RocktechRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:23 PM
  #7  
Tech Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 14
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hello again,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the helpful replies. After that first Friday night my two daughters decided that they want to try racing. So I am now working on putting together a "family" team.

I also remembered how much of a headache I get from nitro, and converted my LST2 to brushless. LOL

Anyway, I posted a "wanted" ad in the swap meet thread, if anyone could help out it would be appreciated.

Thanks again!
xaruum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:17 AM
  #8  
Tech Initiate
 
YoYoMoFo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20
Default

where am I
YoYoMoFo is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service