Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Short Course Truck (SCT) conversion to Shortcourse Buggy (SCB)-need advice >

Short Course Truck (SCT) conversion to Shortcourse Buggy (SCB)-need advice

Short Course Truck (SCT) conversion to Shortcourse Buggy (SCB)-need advice

Old 12-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Short Course Truck (SCT) conversion to Shortcourse Buggy (SCB)-need advice

SC10 but would also like this thread to be friendly to all manufacturers and suggestions to all my fellow racers if there is an interest-if not we'll bury it.
Time to run an additional class......At KBRL I looked at (but failed to take any pictures) of what some of you have already done....my least expensive way to keep my spare parts cost in check is to convert an existing SC10 in the stable. I ordered an over-tray protector (J Concepts Illuzion) but not sure on the 'cage', I believe several of you had Kyosho but there was a Losi cage conversion there as well if I'm not mistaken? Any advice/tips(pictures would be superb) is greatly appreciated as some of you have have a wealth of knowledge/experience a new/newer person really needs-thanks in advace to everyone.
Lance
Old 12-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

To be totally honest if you ar going to make a buggy custom like some of the guys did this year for kbrl , i heard alot of people complain about these cars ( not sur ewhy )so who knows possible they may not be allowed next year (just observation) .... im not sure about other tracks but might wanna ask before you start to buy alot of this for the conversion as i know it could get alittle pricey from what ive seen Will G

By all means im not trying to bust your bubble if you are wanting to still do it the Kyosho db cage will work just got to work with it a bit

Last edited by will g; 12-08-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Rookie

who did you here that from will?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i heard of several complaints from actual scb owners that the conversions were a form of cheating. i kinda agree. if it was ok to put honda badges on a ferrari and enter it into a honda FF class everyone would do it. now whether or not it is actually an advantage i dont know. but if its a custom it should be in a custom class. just my opinion.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Meh, Seeing as how the class is barely getting off the ground, id be happy to just have "any" class for them.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Calling the conversions "cheaters" seems unfair since a good number of them were already around before the almighty Losi buggy was ever conceived...

Kyosho was the first one to come out with one, and all they did was build a buggy body for a truck chassis....

Most of the conversions that I have seen mimic the Kyosho design.. Granted some of them could be cleaned up a little, but could be a work in progress.. I'd much rather call them innovative than cheaters..

If anything, the Losi is the one thats the black sheep since its got its own chassis.. Besides, when you break it down, they are ALL still A short course truck minus that parachute of a body... Just my opinion...
Old 12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hostile33 View Post
who did you here that from will?
I redid my post i didnt word that right the first time ....
Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JKrc717 View Post
Calling the conversions "cheaters" seems unfair since a good number of them were already around before the almighty Losi buggy was ever conceived...

Kyosho was the first one to come out with one, and all they did was build a buggy body for a truck chassis....

Most of the conversions that I have seen mimic the Kyosho design.. Granted some of them could be cleaned up a little, but could be a work in progress.. I'd much rather call them innovative than cheaters..

If anything, the Losi is the one thats the black sheep since its got its own chassis.. Besides, when you break it down, they are ALL still A short course truck minus that parachute of a body... Just my opinion...

John

You are exactly right dont think there cheaters just trying to have fun with what they can do with there sc truck/buggy LOL Some of them look like 1970's class 9 buggys if you remember those well ... i really dont care if they run to me but its all the race promoters decision good luck all
Old 12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

OK.. the undertray for a body can go on with velcro... any suggestions for mounting the cage to the chassis? I just plan to do some club racing with the thing and my kid is wearing my ass out for a buggy so he's cool with this. Thanks fella's!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by longlivethe3 View Post
OK.. the undertray for a body can go on with velcro... any suggestions for mounting the cage to the chassis? I just plan to do some club racing with the thing and my kid is wearing my ass out for a buggy so he's cool with this. Thanks fella's!
I think what you were trying to achieve from this post is being lost in RC drama and opinions. My understanding of what your looking for in this thread you should open it in the off road electric section and maybe someone will have specific advise and part numbers to help you.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sullypro08 View Post
I think what you were trying to achieve from this post is being lost in RC drama and opinions. My understanding of what your looking for in this thread you should open it in the off road electric section and maybe someone will have specific advise and part numbers to help you.
Great suggestion Rick-Josh Fette (sorry if I spelled wrong) was a HUGE help this weekend and I think I'll just copy his. Clean, can easily be converted back to a SC10 and he will offer any continued support I need-EXACTLY what I was hoping for. Thanks Josh, you're a champ my man!
LT