Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Possible New 10,000 + square foot facility >

Possible New 10,000 + square foot facility

Possible New 10,000 + square foot facility

Old 12-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Possible New 10,000 + square foot facility

Just looking for a little feed back, interest wise on a 10,000 square foot indoor offroad track here in phoenix. Prime location in the middle of it all. 101, I-17, and 10. I don't have many details as this is just an option for this building. High ceilings no pillars to obstruct your view. Could easily support an in house hobby shop. Has nice bathrooms, tons of power, skylights, and ventalation. Could also support nitro and electric. Let me know what you guys think...
Old 12-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

How about something in the NE phoenix area? Every thing seems to be south, east or west. NE just sounds nice.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by hontrx265r
Just looking for a little feed back, interest wise on a 10,000 square foot indoor offroad track here in phoenix. Prime location in the middle of it all. 101, I-17, and 10. I don't have many details as this is just an option for this building. High ceilings no pillars to obstruct your view. Could easily support an in house hobby shop. Has nice bathrooms, tons of power, skylights, and ventalation. Could also support nitro and electric. Let me know what you guys think...
Your looking at a very substantial investment with a minimal , if any, return. it sounds like the layout at C.H. in Tucson, I'm sure would be pretty busy during the summer.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hontrx265r
I think it sounds really nice however, I feel the last thing az needs is another track. Not enough racers to support the ones we have now. Don't get me wrong I would love an indoor facility, jmho dont think it would work.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default TRACK

I agree there are a few tracks around already however being indoors and having everything next to you would allow you to be open more often.. Because someone is not just standing outside in a field hoping people will show up. Providing more opportunity for racers to get out around their schedule and have some fun. Now as far as a huge investment and no to minimal return.. The building is there, this is not what the original plan for it, is or was.. Its just "hearsay" however it is an option. Its a very centralized location, easy to get to from north, south, east, west. On another note/thought. Rather then open another hobby shop, if this were to be something that went in to the works we would speak with the already local shops and give them an opportunity to move in to the building, which has a nice front show room, with only one way into the track. This would be under some sort of profit share contract, where the shop could be "housed" for no charge. Allowing the expansion of their business at minimal risk, and an onsite store. I feel this could both strengthen an established business, while giving racers more options and an indoor, shine, or its too damn hot to be outside. Place to play.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Default location

Also as far as being in the N.E. the reason for even mentioning this is that the building is already owned and empty.. We can either do something with it.. Or its getting sold. I personally would not go out and buy a 10000 sq foot building, and open another hobby shop and track in az on chance.. Thats the reason for wanting to work with a already functioning shop, help them out, help us out, help you out.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I personally think you will lose so much money just paying the electric bill that you would wind up closing very quickly. Tracks and hobby shops are nothing but money pits. You'll never get enough volunteers to keep things running and you Wont be able to pay empoyees to keep up the track and the facility. As a business man that is my professional opinion.
As a racer if you build it I will come. (as long as it's Nitro also)
Old 12-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

agreed if you build it i will come give a hobby shop a chance to move in is a fantastic idea maybe throw a dirtoval track inthere that would be sweet lol
Old 12-12-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I agree with James. That electric bill would kill you. If you could make it vent well enough to run nitro that would be an awesome place for summer. Maybe do a swamp cooler system instead of AC that would help save a few bucks.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default track

The building has coolers, and also I mentioned before but I don't think anyone reads... There are huge sky lights throughout the whole place. Now I know that doesn't take care of the pits but it sure doesn't hurt with light.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great Idea...I'm sure with the right business plan and key people this would be a summer haven for all types of driving...might be more of a seasonal thing depending on your plan and budget.

Going to solar power would be awesome, you could rent out the roof to solar panel company, have a water collection for rain run off and there's 30-40% of your water, free... Turn that place into the greenest RC track in the SW..almost have it be a self sustainable building that runs like a Swiss watch
Old 12-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

A hobby shop on site would need major security including alarms, and separate insurance. Hey bud, if you can make it work more power to you. I just hate to see anyone lose a bunch of money especially in today's economy. If I were you I would write a business plan and calculate all your expenses. Then figure out how many racers you would need once or twice a week to cover those expenses. Formulate a good plan and don't just jump in head first based on a few posts on RC tech. Best wishes for success.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jaz240
A hobby shop on site would need major security including alarms, and separate insurance. Hey bud, if you can make it work more power to you. I just hate to see anyone lose a bunch of money especially in today's economy. If I were you I would write a business plan and calculate all your expenses. Then figure out how many racers you would need once or twice a week to cover those expenses. Formulate a good plan and don't just jump in head first based on a few posts on RC tech. Best wishes for success.

In addition

having Nitro inside a Building, in my Past experience, can be a huge undertaking with the Local municipalities

I would also Go to the city and ask them about what you are proposing and verify it will even work in that location/building

I spent 1-1/2 years in Oregon and Washington attempting to get an indoor facility going..... thus i am in AZ

Good luck

CS
Old 12-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

I think 10000 square feet is realy to small if you want to run 1/8 scale SRS has a track that is aprox 75x120 which is border line to small for 1/8 scale.
A track this size is 9000 square feet that only leaves 1000 square feet for pit space and a store if you want to something like this you realy need more space.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Build it and I am sure you will get enough racers. Indoors....summer...no brainer!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.