Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree29Likes

HobbyTown Tucson AZ

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

have no issue about the motor change to a 21.5 on sportsman, i actually agree it's a good move. the issue for 21.5 would be forced to bump. IIC intro'd 21.5 TC as a class this year with handout motors.

maybe national standards should be considered? which you, me, HT owner and HT race manager have discussed on F1 which 4 major venues are running 25.5 carpet and upcoming below

fellow Hobbytown (sponsored?) N-Control track that is hosting 2017 ROAR On Road Paved nationals runs a TC class (sportsmans?) with 25.5T......and F-1 btw also 25.5 on what appears to be a nice large/long track
Facility ? N-Control RC Racing Circuit
Classes ? N-Control RC Racing Circuit
http://www.ncontrolrc.com/2017_ROAR_EPN.jpg
Old 10-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
have no issue about the motor change to a 21.5 on sportsman, i actually agree it's a good move. the issue for 21.5 would be forced to bump. IIC intro'd 21.5 TC as a class this year with handout motors.

maybe national standards should be considered? which you, me, HT owner and HT race manager have discussed on F1 which 4 major venues are running 25.5 carpet and upcoming below

fellow Hobbytown (sponsored?) N-Control track that is hosting 2017 ROAR On Road Paved nationals runs a TC class (sportsmans?) with 25.5T......and F-1 btw also 25.5 on what appears to be a nice large/long track
Facility ? N-Control RC Racing Circuit
Classes ? N-Control RC Racing Circuit
http://www.ncontrolrc.com/2017_ROAR_EPN.jpg
I just left the shop, it (sportsman motor) was brought up and I believe (don’t quote me, as I’m not quoting them) they’ve decided to let sportsman be at 17.5, and regulate the entrants via notable lap times against the regular 17.5 TC lap times. No need to go buy another motor and hopefully the only sandbaggers will be the ones holding down the boards.. I’m sleepy now, if I’ve said something out of order tell me next week.
Riverbluff likes this.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

they actually have sandbags holding down the boards....are you talking about those sandbaggers that filled them?....to hold down the boards
Old 10-18-2017, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

flyer for upcoming race 28 OCT R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HobbyTown Tucson AZ has been changed on facebook

gates open at 6am racing starts at 10am

for anyone traveling or considering, not trying to steer anyone, but have yet to see USGT, or MOD TC classes at HT. i have not seen USGT spec tires at shop or any interest among local drivers. biggest onroad classes so far have been

Tamiya spec truck
17.5 TC
1/12th 17.5

F1 and VTA trying to get going but getting tires for VTA a issue not just at HT but nationally. plenty of F1 tires in stock
Matt Trimmings likes this.

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 10-18-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

yesterday, i was informed proline VTA premounts are in, they just had not processed them yet.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

was told last night that today offroad layout was being redone, although onroad layout is rather recent, i forgot to ask if it's staying the same.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

was told last night that today offroad layout was being redone, although onroad layout is rather recent, i forgot to ask if it's staying the same.
Someone told me the on-road would be changed today.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Both tracks will have new layouts. See ya guys Wednesday for some testing.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We need to start bringing out some late-model or sprint cars to run on the asphalt, it would be loads of fun.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
We need to start bringing out some late-model or sprint cars to run on the asphalt, it would be loads of fun.
Thought there was no oval now.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

there isn't....
Old 10-25-2017, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

some pics of new layouts offroad and asphalt, may be some refinements before saturday
Attached Thumbnails HobbyTown Tucson AZ-ht-1.jpg   HobbyTown Tucson AZ-ht-2.jpg   HobbyTown Tucson AZ-ht-3.jpg  
Old 10-26-2017, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DesertRat
when you came out that one time for 17.5 oval it had a boom of about 2-3 months due to some of the offroaders using spare or old buggies with latemodel bodies.

oval drivers needed to consolidate the classes they had created, and then actually show....they couldn't and can't. i don't FB, but friends link me SS's and tell me who said what when the oval controversy prior to asphalt and some posters upset dirt oval was going away, etc. i was doing oval or i marshal oval, never saw them. showing up once twice a year to run oval, then trying to make a stance on it...yeah.

as for oval, the road course set-up right now move one board, 3-4 dots and the oval is there. if there was truly interest, the oval racers would consolidate into 1-2 classes max and actually show to make oval races happen. in the midwest i was part of the onroad group that raced TC and 1/12th at a indoor track comprised of a larger group of oval racers. we had a agreement with them, it was their track, we would set up/convert the layout to onroad for our heats, then convert it back to oval. we paid to race, worked to race, no hobbybucks, no tea and crumpets. this thought eludes our oval racers.

even prior to the rains attendance was bleak, so bad you would have one racer in late model...yes one, 2 in USRA (late model with a bolt together body), 2-3 avg in sprint car. after the all the rains, yes the oval track was trashed, some oval guys appeared refused to run it, one tried to work on it. HT crew had no incentive to redo it and looked towards better use of space

some of the oval racers, were going to do VTA, 12th, F1.....two F1 (ex-oval) show at random, rarely finish or qual and leave to the point that remaining F1 is run with 1/12th's

the old dirt oval track was wide, banked, huge buffer for errors. i doubt oval wise in this area that many could handle narrower straights lined with wood and 10 feet flat turns wood barrier or steel wall at each end.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW, place has changed a lot since the Fasttrak days.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

at each end.
My logic was that it could be easier for some to drive on asphalt than dirt. I remember quite a few brutal hits due to spinning out and driving the wrong way on the dirt track, with the leaders having to pass 2-3 lapped racers per lap, and that could be easier to prevent on asphalt.

It can be done, if there is any enthusiasm for it. I understand that there may not be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.