Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 08-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Split View Post
i posted an email to fearfarm about a month ago on their web page but never heard back. New to RC. I'd like to go practice and eventually race there but i do not have a car and am not sure what everyone is running there..anyone want to fill me in? SC? E/Nitro cars? I do have a HPI baja 5t but it looks like it may be a while til they open the 1/5 track if they do... thanks guys. Split

Split, Have you come out to the track yet? I would suggest just coming out some night to see what the tracks are like and what gear others are running. Thursday night is club racing on the 1/10 scale track so you could see all the classes. Other than that I guess SC is the most popular followed by 1/8 nitro.

Kelly
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Split View Post
i posted an email to fearfarm about a month ago on their web page but never heard back. New to RC. I'd like to go practice and eventually race there but i do not have a car and am not sure what everyone is running there..anyone want to fill me in? SC? E/Nitro cars? I do have a HPI baja 5t but it looks like it may be a while til they open the 1/5 track if they do... thanks guys. Split
Yep Kelly is right. Come on down and check things out. SC is the most popular class anywhere. Last night I went to SRS and More than half the field was SC. And after that it is 1/8th nitro. At bigger races you will find more 4x4 SC's and your other classes like 2wd buggy 4wd buggy 2wd truck. Come on down. Just look for the IN-N-OUT body and if you have any questions just ask. Cory Cliff
Old 08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so on FF website this Saturday it doesn't say anything... wondering if there going to be open for 1/10 practice or not? thanks!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Default September 11th nitro race

Hey everyone, fear farm will have the announcer area done Soon, so I'll be out there for a nitro race on September 11th. I hope to have enough for several heats, so we can make sure we're ready for the kbrl opener on September 25th. Racing will begin at 6pm with sign ups at 4pm.

Can't wait!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta View Post
Hey everyone, fear farm will have the announcer area done Soon, so I'll be out there for a nitro race on September 11th. I hope to have enough for several heats, so we can make sure we're ready for the kbrl opener on September 25th. Racing will begin at 6pm with sign ups at 4pm.

Can't wait!
Sounds good, Kenny. I finally got my work situation tweeked to have saturdays off for the forseeable future. I'm not gonna make as much money, but damnit this year I'M GONNA RACE!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Whats going on this Saturday out there?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Any 1/8th's practicing tonight?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

A buddy and I are planning to go up there tonight(fri) to run our 1/10 Spint cars..

His is nitro and mine I just converted my RC10 gt Sprinter to brushless.

Got to test it out..
Old 08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

I ran my buggy on the oval Wednesday night for $hits and grins...it actually did awesome. Brought back the old R/C Sports Mania days LOL
Old 08-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
Whats going on this Saturday out there?
So does any one know if there is 1/10 practice out there Saturday night? Everyone else is having races and there are a few of us that just want to practice, 3 in my group. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Does anybody know if they will allow a 1/10 sprinter to race with the 1/8's?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

This might not be well received. It is more of a request than it is a complaint.

I'd like to know if FF can commit to having open practice on the big track on at least one designated night during the week, as well as on Saturday's that racing isn't being held.

Information isn't always forthcoming, and it sucks to drive out to the track only to find out the big track isn't open for practice. A designated night would provide for some guarantee that we'll be able to run the big track and get some practice time.

If it can't be open every night, then tell us what nights it will be open. And please don't place a contigency on it either.

Thanks,

ben
Old 08-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
This might not be well received. It is more of a request than it is a complaint.

I'd like to know if FF can commit to having open practice on the big track on at least one designated night during the week, as well as on Saturday's that racing isn't being held.

Information isn't always forthcoming, and it sucks to drive out to the track only to find out the big track isn't open for practice. A designated night would provide for some guarantee that we'll be able to run the big track and get some practice time.

If it can't be open every night, then tell us what nights it will be open. And please don't place a contigency on it either.

Thanks,

ben

+1

I understand its expensive to keep the lights on, and pay someone to maint the track for only a handful of people during the week. But when you have someone like my self with an 11lb truggy and tell me...hey go practice on the 1/10th scale tonight, the guy next to me with his all carbon FT B44 that weighs in at 2lbs, gets pissed at me because he is afraid i'l crush his buggy and rightfully so. Its not my fault, accidents happen, but when an 1/8th scale and another 1/8th scale connect it usually ends up with someone upside down. When it happens with a 1/10th guy, you are going to destroy a 1500.00 race set up and its not fair to them or myself.

Don't start with the "well learn to drive" BS.... it has nothing to do with that... some of the 1/10th guys simply won't jump on the track when they see 1/8th's out there as they don't want to risk their investment and I don't blame them.

If we could get a set schedule on the 1/8th scale being open (watered and lights) then we will show up on that night. That way you do not need to accomodate us on the 1/10th scale.

You need to keep your 1/10th guys happy, thats where most of the business comes from. Without them.... None of us will have a track.

As Ben said please don't place contingencies on that track open dates...i.e. Sorry there are only four 1/8th scale guys, if you can get 2 more i'll put the lights on, thats not fair.

Thanks for the consideration.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
+Don't start with the "well learn to drive" BS.... it has nothing to do with that... some of the 1/10th guys simply won't jump on the track when they see 1/8th's out there as they don't want to risk their investment and I don't blame them.
Valid point. I am a beginner, and having to share a track with 1/8th guys is what has kept me away from FF.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HPI Havoc View Post
+1

I understand its expensive to keep the lights on, and pay someone to maint the track for only a handful of people during the week. But when you have someone like my self with an 11lb truggy and tell me...hey go practice on the 1/10th scale tonight, the guy next to me with his all carbon FT B44 that weighs in at 2lbs, gets pissed at me because he is afraid i'l crush his buggy and rightfully so. Its not my fault, accidents happen, but when an 1/8th scale and another 1/8th scale connect it usually ends up with someone upside down. When it happens with a 1/10th guy, you are going to destroy a 1500.00 race set up and its not fair to them or myself.

Don't start with the "well learn to drive" BS.... it has nothing to do with that... some of the 1/10th guys simply won't jump on the track when they see 1/8th's out there as they don't want to risk their investment and I don't blame them.

If we could get a set schedule on the 1/8th scale being open (watered and lights) then we will show up on that night. That way you do not need to accomodate us on the 1/10th scale.

You need to keep your 1/10th guys happy, thats where most of the business comes from. Without them.... None of us will have a track.

As Ben said please don't place contingencies on that track open dates...i.e. Sorry there are only four 1/8th scale guys, if you can get 2 more i'll put the lights on, thats not fair.

Thanks for the consideration.
I definitely agree with everything that was said, however FF stated a few pages back that Wednesday was the designated 1/8 scale night and as usual the 1/10 scale track will be open. So they have designated a day, however last Wednesday when we were out their they killed the lights on the 1/8 scale track and told us to go on the 1/10 scale so not sure what that was all about? I think the best thing to do is send ff a PM and maybe some of you have as they said they want to hear what people want and don't want. Don't know if they troll this thread.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.