Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
Yep new shoes, same bearings. Nothing like rushing because you forgot to do something in the 4 hours between runs
Thats awesome. It would take me at least 20 min if I am lucky
Old 07-19-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Glitching Radios

Originally Posted by Spoold97 View Post
I was using M11 w/ spektrum and had to pull off all 3 races because how bad it was. I tried re-binding, removing and reinstalling the module and radio batteries with no results. I took the buggy on the 10th track afterwards and was having glitching everywhere but the straight.
I have a DX3S and would lose signal on the beginning of the back stretch and at the far right hand side of the track on both my buggy and truggy. It was very consistant on where it would happen. It was a total loss of throttle and steering. Tried new batteries in the radio, charged the receiver battery, changed out the receiver with a brand new one, tried to bind it again, all with no luck.

Peter Norman was fantastic and loaned me a KO Propo radio and receiver so I could make the A main. Thank you again for the help.

This is the first time I have had radio problems at this track. I had the same problem Friday night at Sun Lakes, but only with my truggy. Buggy worked just fine.

I'm lost. I am looking at a new radio, but 300+ dollars is really steep for this point in the payday cycle.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by recrutr911 View Post
I have a DX3S and would lose signal on the beginning of the back stretch and at the far right hand side of the track on both my buggy and truggy. It was very consistant on where it would happen. It was a total loss of throttle and steering. Tried new batteries in the radio, charged the receiver battery, changed out the receiver with a brand new one, tried to bind it again, all with no luck.

Peter Norman was fantastic and loaned me a KO Propo radio and receiver so I could make the A main. Thank you again for the help.

This is the first time I have had radio problems at this track. I had the same problem Friday night at Sun Lakes, but only with my truggy. Buggy worked just fine.

I'm lost. I am looking at a new radio, but 300+ dollars is really steep for this point in the payday cycle.
im runnin a dx3r.same with my dad we had zero issues
Old 07-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know if this is the problem but the moisture in the air lately could be affecting electrical connections. Stranger things have happened. I think there is one particular channel that acts up at SRS too.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kevin K

I would send it back to spektrum and tell them what you are experiencing before you buy a new one.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff and the FF crew for having the track redone it was alot of fun, and Thanks to Tom A for running the races. I dont think I've laughed that hard in a very long time like I did during the Buggy A-Main. The drivers stand was just crazy, and Matt S you sure got a workout turnmarshalling that corner, you must have lost 20lbs.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Lipos for sale!

Last edited by YotieKillin; 07-20-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff and the FF crew for having the track redone it was alot of fun, and Thanks to Tom A for running the races. I dont think I've laughed that hard in a very long time like I did during the Buggy A-Main. The drivers stand was just crazy, and Matt S you sure got a workout turnmarshalling that corner, you must have lost 20lbs.
hahaha... Yeah I did. I think the final loss was about 9lbs on the day. I'm sure I've figured out how to put it all back on.

Matt
Old 07-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default track changes

The new track layout is ok... but I have to say the old one was way better. I'm not complaining as I know it will change and change is good. I personally love the technical I don't think its a "must have balls" thing. I know somone commented earlier. I think its a skill to drive the more technical courses. It did seem that on practice days though there was low attendence on the 1/8 track like it was intimidating to some. Hopefully the new layout builds confidence so we can get back to the crazy stuff. Still a great job.. can't wait to come out and drive again.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Ill be out practicing on the 1/8th this Friday.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hontrx265r View Post
The new track layout is ok... but I have to say the old one was way better. I'm not complaining as I know it will change and change is good. I personally love the technical I don't think its a "must have balls" thing. I know somone commented earlier. I think its a skill to drive the more technical courses. It did seem that on practice days though there was low attendence on the 1/8 track like it was intimidating to some. Hopefully the new layout builds confidence so we can get back to the crazy stuff. Still a great job.. can't wait to come out and drive again.
Once you start paying to rebuild my car I will gladley run the so called "crazy stuff" you were talking about....

but anyways how many 1/8 guys will be out there on friday? my self and another might head that way for some practice if there will be enough to run the 1/8 track..
Old 07-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default marshalls

It's still pretty tough to practice with no marshalls. Not the tracks fault, just seems to be the way it is. And its a long way down to go flip over your own stuff. I'll be back for some race nights though.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Finally got the buggy put back together...ill be out there this weekend
Old 07-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default track

I've been out 5 or 6 times on the old track and only broke the servo saver on my 2.0t (old style saver) bound to happen. Either way its all good. Is this the same Nick Groves of LSR?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nick Groves View Post
Once you start paying to rebuild my car I will gladley run the so called "crazy stuff" you were talking about....

but anyways how many 1/8 guys will be out there on friday? my self and another might head that way for some practice if there will be enough to run the 1/8 track..
myself as well as spoold with be out there on the 1/8th

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.