Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

Default MDA Camp...

Hi guys,

I'm not really sure where to post something like this these days so I guess I'll start here.

For about 10 years now, some of my RC friends and I have gone up to the Payson area, to bring RC fun time to kids with muscular dystrophy. The MDA Camp for kids is coming up in June and once again we have been invited up for some fun, on June 9th. I'm hoping that I can get a few volunteers to go up with us this year and I'm also hoping to acquire some RC gear, to make the trip better for the kids!

The Muscular Dystrophy Association organizes a camp each year, where kids under 18 stricken with MD go up and spend an entire week doing activities they normally don't get to do. While at camp they play Wheelchair Soccer, go horseback riding, and many other activities. One big rule of camp is that parents aren't allowed. This is really a time for the kids to grow and find themselves and each time someone new goes up to camp with us, they're touched by what they see and how good it feels to put such huge smiles on their faces.

On June 9th, we will be meeting at a camp just east of Payson. We will be setting up at 9AM and will start meeting with kids around 10AM. We take a lunch break of about 2 hours and we're thinking of grilling out. After lunch, we will again meet with more kids and then pack things up around 4:30PM.

We usually try to bring up around 10 to 15 vehicles and over the years we've had great participation from the RC community. Some people have been going up for years and we've got a pretty good system down so what I'm asking for now is help from my regulars, some new additional help, and others to donate a vehicle for a day..

What's needed:
We have several loss ready to run vehicles but we need Spektrum radios to use instead of the RTR radios, that don't have end point adjustments. The radios we need are: DX3C, Dx3S,, or DX3R's.

10th scale off road cars and trucks: Any make or model will do but if you could please send the entire package including the vehicle, radio, batteries, and tires.

Any other RC vehicles that you think kids would have fun with: They love rock crawlers!! (We brought those before and they were a huge hit). Maybe an RC helicopter demo or small RC plane demo. Let me know if you have ideas...

If anyone would like to come help wrench on cars, work with the kids, or donate RC equipment for the day, please call or email me.

Thank you for your time everyone!

Kenny Brosh
[email protected]
Old 04-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
Hi guys,

I'm not really sure where to post something like this these days so I guess I'll start here.

For about 10 years now, some of my RC friends and I have gone up to the Payson area, to bring RC fun time to kids with muscular dystrophy. The MDA Camp for kids is coming up in June and once again we have been invited up for some fun, on June 9th. I'm hoping that I can get a few volunteers to go up with us this year and I'm also hoping to acquire some RC gear, to make the trip better for the kids!

The Muscular Dystrophy Association organizes a camp each year, where kids under 18 stricken with MD go up and spend an entire week doing activities they normally don't get to do. While at camp they play Wheelchair Soccer, go horseback riding, and many other activities. One big rule of camp is that parents aren't allowed. This is really a time for the kids to grow and find themselves and each time someone new goes up to camp with us, they're touched by what they see and how good it feels to put such huge smiles on their faces.

On June 9th, we will be meeting at a camp just east of Payson. We will be setting up at 9AM and will start meeting with kids around 10AM. We take a lunch break of about 2 hours and we're thinking of grilling out. After lunch, we will again meet with more kids and then pack things up around 4:30PM.

We usually try to bring up around 10 to 15 vehicles and over the years we've had great participation from the RC community. Some people have been going up for years and we've got a pretty good system down so what I'm asking for now is help from my regulars, some new additional help, and others to donate a vehicle for a day..

What's needed:
We have several loss ready to run vehicles but we need Spektrum radios to use instead of the RTR radios, that don't have end point adjustments. The radios we need are: DX3C, Dx3S,, or DX3R's.

10th scale off road cars and trucks: Any make or model will do but if you could please send the entire package including the vehicle, radio, batteries, and tires.

Any other RC vehicles that you think kids would have fun with: They love rock crawlers!! (We brought those before and they were a huge hit). Maybe an RC helicopter demo or small RC plane demo. Let me know if you have ideas...

If anyone would like to come help wrench on cars, work with the kids, or donate RC equipment for the day, please call or email me.

Thank you for your time everyone!

Kenny Brosh
[email protected]
I have a Associated T4 that I donate.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Fantastic! Call or email me tomorrow and we will figure out the logistics!!
Old 04-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
Fantastic! Call or email me tomorrow and we will figure out the logistics!!
Sounds good
Old 04-30-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

race results are up @ http://www.azrcr.com/race-results/
Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Racing

This Saturday track opens at 4pm, signups 5-5:30, drivers meeting 5:30, racing starts 6pm.

Always lots of work to do prior to the track opening. Come early if you can!!!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

race results are up @

http://www.azrcr.com/race-results/
Old 05-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Reminder

Just a reminder for everyone. Fear Farm is having a large event this weekend, thus there will be no racing Saturday, May 10th.

Hope to see you all out, Saturday, May 17th.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Default Schedule

AZRCR@ Fear farm will be resuming racing this weekend. gates open @5 on Saturday with racing at starting at 7:00 pm.
Thanks,
Tim Lime
AZRCR

Last edited by 2sticktim; 05-15-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

race results are up @ http://www.azrcr.com/race-results/
Old 05-27-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

What are you guys running for buggy tires out there?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

small pin or block type work best, Gridiron, Impact, Blockade, Enduro, Hole shot, etc, etc. Soft compound is #1 choice right now
Old 05-30-2014, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

So what are the official hours for Fear Farm, practice and racing?
Old 05-30-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Malign R/C
There is no scheduled practice yet but we are working on a plan for night practice with water and lights maybe once or twice a month. Right now it's just racing Saturday nights. Gates open at 5. Racing starts at 7. I do believe you can just pay $10 (plus parking) and practice only on Saturday from 5-7
Old 06-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Malign R/C
Azrcr.com has the updated schedule

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.