Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I think Brad Yanez will make 3 so water crew will be:

Mondo
Brad
Autie

Thanks guys. I'll be out the following Saturday with your plugs. Please text me what you want. 480-four,five,nine-1752.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

It seems the water crew spots had already been claimed on the Facebook club page. I am sorry we overbooked the water crew. I was told Facebook takes precedent over RC Tech so Official water team is:

Rodney Gutierez
Brad Yanez
Brian Wells
Thanks guys for stepping up! I hope we have too many people for the following week also
Old 03-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The DNC layout was alot of fun considering new track and new car from (Red Rock Hobbie ) Once i get the ninepack figured out....I should be respectable
Old 03-27-2014, 05:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brmena101
Once i get the ninepack figured out....I should be respectable
I'm sorry but this years 9 pack was the worst section Joey has ever made in the history of Nitro Challenge. It's one thing to design a hard section, but when a section is hard because it wasn't built right, it's just dumb. 700 entries and not 1 driver could do make it through the same way 4 times in a row. Not even Ty. That's the product of a mistake, not a good design.

The rest of the track is dialed and a lot of fun. But the 9 pack is simply a poorly made mistake that was never fixed. It's fine for Nitro Challenge if Joey liked it since, as Joey himself says, it's not called the Nitro Easy, but for club racing it's just plain stupid.

Please change it. Just take out the last 5 jumps and make it a 4 pack with a chicane for club racing, it will be much more enjoyable for everyone that way.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Clement
I'm sorry but this years 9 pack was the worst section Joey has ever made in the history of Nitro Challenge. It's one thing to design a hard section, but when a section is hard because it wasn't built right, it's just dumb. 700 entries and not 1 driver could do make it through the same way 4 times in a row. Not even Ty. That's the product of a mistake, not a good design.

The rest of the track is dialed and a lot of fun. But the 9 pack is simply a poorly made mistake that was never fixed. It's fine for Nitro Challenge if Joey liked it since, as Joey himself says, it's not called the Nitro Easy, but for club racing it's just plain stupid.

Please change it. Just take out the last 5 jumps and make it a 4 pack with a chicane for club racing, it will be much more enjoyable for everyone that way.
And also make one less Marshall spot.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

oops, guess I shouldn't of told Joey to install a nasty rhythm section when he was building the track...
it's definitely the slowest part of the track, but less people are having trouble with it every weekend, I for one love it because it is the great equalizer, someone try's to get too aggressive and they're going ass over tea kettle, and i'm getting to the loop before them. I'm sure it will need to changed up soon as the last 3 jumps are getting pretty flat, but not gonna happen right away.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

I'm with you Gentry. I love that section "now". Without it, for me, the track would be way less challenging.

But I must agree with Trevor, it was a screwed up design for the nitro challenge. If Ty Tessman, Jared Tebo and Ryan Maifield can not drive it, the way it was designed to be driven, there's definitely something wrong.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Lord

its the only part of the track that gives me that wow factor. There is no better feeling than getting through that section relatively fast without wrecking. The rest of the track is just a warm up until you get to the 9 pack. the only other really fun section to drive is the whoops right before the turn towards the drivers stand. If you dont have the right line or speed that part is a bitch.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Jaz240
its the only part of the track that gives me that wow factor. There is no better feeling than getting through that section relatively fast without wrecking. The rest of the track is just a warm up until you get to the 9 pack. the only other really fun section to drive is the whoops right before the turn towards the drivers stand. If you dont have the right line or speed that part is a bitch.
+1
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Come out and try it now Trevor. Like James and Bill mentioned... One of my favorite sections for club racing. It's been beaten down since DNC and its fun and is challenging to stay consistent
Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brmena101
The DNC layout was alot of fun considering new track and new car from (Red Rock Hobbie ) Once i get the ninepack figured out....I should be respectable
U coming out sat Brian? I'm all xray this weekend Trying some set up stuff
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

It's all about the proper line choice. You should come around the corner BRAAAP and then send it, lawn dart, BRAAAP, triple, BRAAAP, lawn dart, lawn dart, lawn dart.

In all seriousness I don't mind the section because if I screw up I don't crash, but I lose a ton of time going single single single bouncing around. Tomorrow I'm just going to quad into it or go triple, quad and I think that will take the guess work out of timing. For me the hard part of the track is the front right double after the 180 bank. If I don't go wide I'll case it and crash every time. The only time that jump was easy was Wednesday of the nitro challenge. I'm crashing 10 times less on this layout than the last layout so I think overall for club racing it is a really fun track!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Adept

+1
Old 03-29-2014, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Car loaded up at a decent hour. See you gents tomorrow
Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Not this weekend bro I just got in from a business trip this morning. Good luck and stay Xray my friend.

Brian

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
U coming out sat Brian? I'm all xray this weekend Trying some set up stuff

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.