Like Tree1Likes

FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY

Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YotieKillin View Post
That's been the best two cents of advice I have heard.

If u know u can't make it but u go for it anyway u deserve to walk down three stories to flip ur car over it will teach u some control while learning the track as well! Good luck on the new 1/8 scale lay out it looks dialed from the high way as usual Jeff is got mad skills!
Are you freaking kidding me? You never crash? You never misjudge? You never make an innocent mistake?

Making mistakes and attempting stuff is how you learn and get better. If you are making around the track during practice without ever crashing during your session, then you have reached your full potential or you aren't progressing your skill level any further.

Please point yourself out to everyone next time you are driving so we can be sure not to marshal your car/truck. You deserve to walk down and flip it over yourself. Retarded....

ben
Old 07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

wow cool your jets turbo..... he didnt say he never crashes and it does teach you self control when you have to marshal your own car. do you still need mommy to wipe your a$$ for you to??
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Why are so many of you such jerks in here? Grow up!

ben
Old 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Adept

really? i read your previous post and now your saying theres a bunch of jerks? need a mirror?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Adept

anyway track was great lastnight thanks for the extra water and the 8 scale track looks like its going to be really nice when jeff gets done with it thanks for all the hard work from the fear farm crew
Old 07-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamTrailerpark View Post
really? i read your previous post and now your saying theres a bunch of jerks? need a mirror?
I guess some aren't that smart either. Go back a couple more posts. I made a simple comment about no one ever marshalling the big track. Didn't place judgement on anyone.

Someone else decided to let me know it was my fault for crashing, even though I really didn't say anything about having a problem crashing a lot.

Then he expanded on the topic with his 2 cents, and exaggerated things further.

Both of their posts added no value and were smart ass in context.

Oh, then you tell me to cool my jets, which would have been good advice. But you couldn't resist yourself and had to throw in the wiping ass comment.

Pathetic.

P.S. I still suckle my moms teet too...lame.

ben
Old 07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Vareck;7646546]Hey have you guys decided yet on a day of which you are going to race the Dirt Oval track yet I got a sprint car and am building it now and would like to hopefuly come out a race it.
Thanks[/QUOTE

Fridays are going to be dirt oval practice/racing. JULY 30 will be the first 1/8th dirt oval club race.

CLASSES: 1/8th Winged sprints, 1/8th NON-Winged sprints, 1/8th late-model
minimum of 4 cars to make a class

TIRES: All sprint cars must run OFNA HYPER Sprint front and rear w/ foam of racers choosing, NO-PINS. Late-models must run a street radial LOSI/OFNA tire, NO-PINS.

MOTOR: for now this will be a outlaw class, near future will consist of a SPEC motors as mandatory to keep racing fun and not let the deepest pockets win.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=JPtracksANDfab;7648718]
Originally Posted by Vareck View Post
Hey have you guys decided yet on a day of which you are going to race the Dirt Oval track yet I got a sprint car and am building it now and would like to hopefuly come out a race it.
Thanks[/QUOTE

Fridays are going to be dirt oval practice/racing. JULY 30 will be the first 1/8th dirt oval club race.

CLASSES: 1/8th Winged sprints, 1/8th NON-Winged sprints, 1/8th late-model
minimum of 4 cars to make a class

TIRES: All sprint cars must run OFNA HYPER Sprint front and rear w/ foam of racers choosing, NO-PINS. Late-models must run a street radial LOSI/OFNA tire, NO-PINS.

MOTOR: for now this will be a outlaw class, near future will consist of a SPEC motors as mandatory to keep racing fun and not let the deepest pockets win.
Can't wait to see this, going to be awesome. Hopefully it doesn't result in an overwhelming desire to get yet another RC. LOL

ben
Old 07-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

im looking forward to checking that out for sure
Old 07-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post
Both of their posts added no value and were smart ass in context.
If that bothers you, this really isnt the place you want to read on the internet. Welcome to RCTech.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by armourbl View Post

Making mistakes and attempting stuff is how you learn and get better.
ben

Sure getting around the track with out crashing is good.
But if you are scared to try new stuff in practice, then you have reached your potential.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AutieBender View Post

But if you are scared to try new stuff in practice, then you have reached your potential.
+1 I feel the same way.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default My Zen theory on "The RC practice Circle of balance"

Originally Posted by AutieBender View Post

My Zen theory on "The RC practice Circle of balance"

I crash over and over and over and over again. But I don't sweat it. Cause I know it's my fault for going too far and I've upset the "RC practice Circle of Balance". This ever so elusive balance involves pushing, crashing AND marshalling yourself WHEN you crash. These 3 items complete the "Circle of balance" of the RC ecosystem. :
- Tracks can't afford to have a paid marshall during practice. It's a business, so they want to make money not lose money. It's just a bonus if someone is gracious enough to marshall you for your own mishap.
- Drivers can't afford to push too hard or else they don't get to practice, they are just flipping their cars over every corner.
- But you gotta push or else you've reached your potential.

The best drivers have crashed 1000s of times more than any of us. So they have paid their dues. And have reached RC nirvana by embracing the circle instead of fighting it.

It's a simple but yet ever so delicate balance. If you disrupt this balance the future of RC practice will be destroyed forever.

Respect the balance...
Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I want some of that whatever you just had...

Originally Posted by razo125 View Post
My Zen theory on "The RC practice Circle of balance"

I crash over and over and over and over again. But I don't sweat it. Cause I know it's my fault for going too far and I've upset the "RC practice Circle of Balance". This ever so elusive balance involves pushing, crashing AND marshalling yourself WHEN you crash. These 3 items complete the "Circle of balance" of the RC ecosystem. :
- Tracks can't afford to have a paid marshall during practice. It's a business, so they want to make money not lose money. It's just a bonus if someone is gracious enough to marshall you for your own mishap.
- Drivers can't afford to push too hard or else they don't get to practice, they are just flipping their cars over every corner.
- But you gotta push or else you've reached your potential.

The best drivers have crashed 1000s of times more than any of us. So they have paid their dues. And have reached RC nirvana by embracing the circle instead of fighting it.

It's a simple but yet ever so delicate balance. If you disrupt this balance the future of RC practice will be destroyed forever.

Respect the balance...
Old 07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Let the force be with you. Respect the power of the force. Oh yeah!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.